Goodbye Jesus

Christians! Hahahahahahahahahaha

1AcceptingAThiest1

Why do christians think there is purpose to everything? Why do they Want so badly to be a purpose? Is it because if there is a purpose that would mean they THINK a God would somehow be involved?

Is that you, Kirk Cameron?

• Like 1

Why do christians think there is purpose to everything? Why do they Want so badly to be a purpose? Is it because if there is a purpose that would mean they THINK a God would somehow be involved?

Perhaps you should ask actual Christians what they think.  I suspect you will get several different answers from them.  As a non-Christian, I answer your questions as follows:

1)  Because they were taught to believe there is a "purpose to everything".  It's not as if they thought about this first and came to that conclusion using rational thinking.  Instead, they were likely told what to think, due to indoctrination, peer pressure, fear, and intellectual laziness, among a host of other factors.  Indoctrination, peer pressure, fear and hate for rational thinking are powerful tools, particularly when used on children.

2)  Because they are afraid of alternatives, such as they are not the center of the universe, they are not special and they are not as important as they want to believe, among other reasons.

3)  Yes, most likely that is what they believe.

• Like 1

So what parts of life does have purpose like or families and friends?

When you take off your god glasses, and begin to see reality, you'll gradually find as much meaning to life as you want, because your life is your sandbox.

• Like 1

What you talking about? Purpose is not explicitly tied to belief..what does your family mean to you? do they have purpose?

I live for my family, myself, and my community.  I live so that my community can be better off during my existence here on this planet.  I live so that the next generation can have it better than me.  That's my purpose.  Just my own little corner of the globe, but I care about the people and the environment therein.

Tell me something, christroll, how do you feel when you murder young boys for jesus, rape their virgin sisters for jesus, and then kill their mothers and elder for jesus?

And PS:  You know the bible says to only take non-americans for lifetime slaves.  Make sure you're following jesus by only taking mexican slaves jesus.gif

So you have purpose. End of discussion.

Figured as much, an amusing bit for the day though.  Christrolls really need more innovative come-ons.

I never even stated my believe apparently you have technology to read minds. Had you asked you would know what I am but you were too busy proving to Christians that you do have a purpose. Not everyone believes in purpose. But apparently you agree with those you hate. Lol dont even know what I believe try asking rather than assuming

I never even stated my believe apparently you have technology to read minds. Had you asked you would know what I am but you were too busy proving to Christians that you do have a purpose. Not everyone believes in purpose. But apparently you agree with those you hate. Lol dont even know what I believe try asking rather than assuming

Your profile on these boards carries the moniker "True christian believer" because you answered in the affirmative that you believe in god when joining.  It is quite obvious for anyone to see, including yourself.  It is directly under where your picture would go if you uploaded one.  Perhaps if you looked around a bit instead of trying to "get us" in a cute little christian "trick" you would have noticed it.

No one made any assumptions, your profile told us what you believe when you made your first post.  Also, your poor grammar and spelling is also a tip off, as christians are usually really horrible with those two things.

So all atheists believe the same? Or you assuming again?

Is there purpose yes or no?

I did not say that, or even come close to saying anything like that.  I merely told you how the forum profile displays the info you input into the system when you joined.

Many Christians believe different things as do anyone else. Logic 101

Commit blasphemy and speak against the holy spirit then.  Break Matt. 12:31 and you've proven to me that you're not a christian.  Your attitude with your first few posts smell of troll.  Break Matt. 12:31 and prove you're not a christie.

Failing that, it's logical to conclude you're a christroll and not a very good one at that.

Is there purpose yes or no?

I do not believe there is any purpose, but that does not mean others think the same.  I feel you create your own purpose in life, but none is given by any higher power.  

lol I am a christian. Its so obvious a blind person could see it. Im saying not all christian believe the same, and Not you marty but Roz made assumptions on a bunch of stuff without clarification. There many different things christians disagree on, furthermore i havent made any claims i simply asked Why do christians care about Purpose. Athiests love their families so dont their families have purpose. yes non thiestic view would be that it isnt God understand that part but i know many athiest that blantalty say there is no purpose or meaning which is untrue based on the way they live their lives

Why is purpose important to you? Do you worry about atheists having no purpose? Or a misguided purpose? I almost never think of 'purpose' but I enjoy life anyway.

Yawn.

Christian:  we have purpose, and that's jesus!  Believe in jesus! 

Ex-christian:  How about no

Christian:  oh yeah?  what's your purpose then, do you have purpose, does your life have meaning?

Ex-C:  Yup, and we did just voice out that we each make our own purpose, there's no higher being involved anymore.

At this point, the christian will re-state his purpose, to obey and love jesus.

Ex-C:  Do you believe jesus when he says "I and my father are one?"

Christian:  yup

Ex-C:  your god's a dick when he commanded the rape of virgins, the torture of innocents, the afterbirth abortion of infants as punishment, etc.

Christian:  nope, many christians believe in many different things!

But see there's the disconnect.  It's the same god you claim you love and obey that ordered those things.  And now you try and find excuses for that logic flow error. 

Furthermore, you'll most likely say you'd never obey jesus' commands, at least those, so it's back to picking and choosing what you want to believe.

We've heard it before.  That's why we're ex-christians.  We see your BS.

The other christians before you all have different beliefs than you did, when supposedly there was 1 faith, 1 baptism, etc. 

But please, do continue with your trolling.  It amuses at least this skeptic.

Guest afireinside

Is there a purpose you came onto this forum and appeared a bit stupid?.

Is your purpose in life to be a fool for Christ?

If so you are fulfilling your God given purpose brother- Rick Warren would be so proud!

• Like 2

many have different purposes, anyone can see that as plain as day. Furthermore, i havent stated anything about athiest needing God for their purpose, I asked why do christians believe there is a purpose so i dont even know where your getting all these assumptions from out of dumpster....your talking with yourself based on what other christians have said, i a me, not them. . This forum the Lions Den has Purpose, all things have purpose. I shared a tid bit that some Athiest, no one here just now have stated that claim here but the ones i spoke to have have claimed there is no purpose or meaning...yet when asked about their family and friends they say they do have purpose. 

Guest afireinside

many have different purposes, anyone can see that as plain as day. Furthermore, i havent stated anything about athiest needing God for their purpose, I asked why do christians believe there is a purpose so i dont even know where your getting all these assumptions from out of dumpster....your talking with yourself based on what other christians have said, i a me, not them. . This forum the Lions Den has Purpose, all things have purpose. I shared a tid bit that some Athiest, no one here just now have stated that claim here but the ones i spoke to have have claimed there is no purpose or meaning...yet when asked about their family and friends they say they do have purpose.

Any answer given will be twisted to lead back to a reason to believe in God based on a Chri$tian worldview. I should know, I used to do the same thing when I was a company rep.

I asked why do christians believe there is a purpose

You come on an ex-christian forum and ask "why do christians believe there is a purpose."  Then when pressed you asknowledge you're a christian.

Let me just repeat this... as a christian you took these actions:

1.  Come to ex-christian forum

2.  Ask "why do christians believe there is a purpose"

Yup, troll.  Trolling for jesus must be great eh.

Go on, keep going please!  jesus commands you!  jesus.gif