Goodbye Jesus

Christians! Hahahahahahahahahaha

1AcceptingAThiest1

Guest afireinside

We all liked something to gloat about on Sunday mornings to the congregation how we out reasoned a bunch of ignorant atheists and left them unable to provide an adequate answer to questions we gave, it made us feel as if we had carried our cross during the week but honestly it's pointless attempting to coerce ex believers in this manner as most of us know the lay of the land in fuckedupthoughtville and as the old saying goes you can't bullshit a bullshitter

many have different purposes, anyone can see that as plain as day. Furthermore, i havent stated anything about athiest needing God for their purpose, I asked why do christians believe there is a purpose so i dont even know where your getting all these assumptions from out of dumpster....your talking with yourself based on what other christians have said, i a me, not them. . This forum the Lions Den has Purpose, all things have purpose. I shared a tid bit that some Athiest, no one here just now have stated that claim here but the ones i spoke to have have claimed there is no purpose or meaning...yet when asked about their family and friends they say they do have purpose. 

So what is your purpose for asking your original question? You confuse 'import' with 'purpose.' Yes, I suppose you could say we all have things in life we believe are important. Are these things our purpose in life? Maybe, maybe not. And what of things that we do because we have to? If I spend 60 hours a week at my job is that my purpose? What if I don't like my job but do it to keep food on the table? Is a job I hate my purpose?

Really, purpose is just someone's opinion about someone else's reason for existence. What happens if someone knows deep down in their heart that my purpose in life is to vote for republicans yet I believe that my life's purpose is to always vote democrat? What is my TRUE purpose? Oh noes! Could it be that purpose is just an abstraction? Maybe there is no purpose and shit just happens. The idea that there is no purpose freaks out Christians.  

If I log on to this website and make fun of Christians all the time is that my purpose? Or do you think something else is my purpose?

If having a purpose is important then I think purpose is whatever you decide it should be. Why is 'purpose' of such vital concern to Christians?

Your generalization that "Christians think there is a purpose to everything" is wrong because I never even gave it a thought as a Christian. Or a non-Christian. Of course now, and even back then as a Christian I thought some of the concerns that other Christians had were absolutely absurd.

Guest afireinside

many have different purposes, anyone can see that as plain as day. Furthermore, i havent stated anything about athiest needing God for their purpose, I asked why do christians believe there is a purpose so i dont even know where your getting all these assumptions from out of dumpster....your talking with yourself based on what other christians have said, i a me, not them. . This forum the Lions Den has Purpose, all things have purpose. I shared a tid bit that some Athiest, no one here just now have stated that claim here but the ones i spoke to have have claimed there is no purpose or meaning...yet when asked about their family and friends they say they do have purpose.

So what is your purpose for asking your original question? Yes, I suppose you could say we all have things in life we believe are important. Are these things our purpose in life? Maybe, maybe not. And what of things that we do because we have to? If I spend 60 hours a week at my job is that my purpose? What if I don't like my job but do it to keep food on the table? Is a job I hate my purpose?

I think purpose is whatever you decide it should be. Why is 'purpose' of such vital concern to Christians? I really haven't a clue. I was never concerned with 'purpose' before, during or after the time I believed in Jesus.

I agree. Everyone in their own way has assembled a framework of purpose. Some are a bit lost but probably find themselves holding onto some sense of purpose through their desires or interests. Some, like myself, have had a change of purpose from serving a God to searching for a purpose of living but find myself trying to start enjoying life again and see where it takes me and along the way I will align myself with a sense of purpose I can label. Purpose is a generic term for describing a culmination of our learned interests, abilities, passions and beliefs. The way we live that out and how it affects our overall outlook on life is sometimes more obvious than times we feel a bit lost or confused about direction and motivation to follow a distinct course. Dunno if that makes sense but that's how I define purpose now as a non believer

Purpose is a generic term for describing a culmination of our learned interests, abilities, passions and beliefs.

I think that is a good description of how someone should decide on the direction for their life.

So your saying purpose is descriptive rather than prescriptive? I'm learning new ways on how people think. Is the reason for my OP. If im a child and I ask why do people put ice in a drink some would say to make a hot drink become cooler...if I ask why does water freeze at a certain temperature some would say there is no need for why just the how. Some say why is begging the question because it insinuates a purpose. Asking why is healthy...a. exchristian is who they are because they asked why in church or why about things in old testament...does this mean asking why then is important when we fear the unknown instead of accepting something without understanding? As a Christian I was taught what to think not how to think so breaking out of that I WILL ask why for things to gain understanding

So your saying purpose is descriptive rather than prescriptive? I'm learning new ways on how people think. Is the reason for my OP. If im a child and I ask why do people put ice in a drink some would say to make a hot drink become cooler...if I ask why does water freeze at a certain temperature some would say there is no need for why just the how. Some say why is begging the question because it insinuates a purpose. Asking why is healthy...a. exchristian is who they are because they asked why in church or why about things in old testament...does this mean asking why then is important when we fear the unknown instead of accepting something without understanding? As a Christian I was taught what to think not how to think so breaking out of that I WILL ask why for things to gain understanding

Which did/do you prefer being taught?

Guest afireinside

We asked why because we had to determine if our belief system was worth continuing with or abandoning, that was a major decision and required us to question, not because it was out of interest.

I believe in purpose as a direction of a life that's shaped mainly by personal longings. When I was a believer I thought I had to let go of any sense of purpose and wholeheartedly give myself to God for HIS purpose and serve him and strive to know him better, I was made to believe that was my only way to fulfillment and happiness. I was told many times my purpose of living was to be an evangelist, to go to strange places and preach the gospel, I held onto these prophesies and they seemed so right at the time but now I see them for what they are.

Sure we develop purpose in a personal sense, none of it is pre-ordained, we weren't born for any one particular purpose. In a general sense I think we have a biological purpose to look after children and others around us and use what we know to benefit society as a whole.

Have you read The Conquest Of Happiness by Bertrand Russell it answers a lot of questions around purpose.

• Like 2

It's worth noting that when Christians try to use lifes meaning as an argument, it is an appeal to consequence at best.

The cosmos doesn't require a purpose to exist.

The book you want is Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl. 

Really, reading a book is a better way to learn things than trolling this site with disingenuous postings.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
Not everyone believes in purpose. But apparently you agree with those you hate. 

Exactly what do you see as your purpose here?

It would appear that you might be a double agent; an evil atheist disguised as a Christian so you can make it seem as though all Christians are idiots.

If so, well done.

lol I am a christian. Its so obvious a blind person could see it. Im saying not all christian believe the same, and Not you marty but Roz made assumptions on a bunch of stuff without clarification. There many different things christians disagree on, furthermore i havent made any claims i simply asked Why do christians care about Purpose. Athiests love their families so dont their families have purpose. yes non thiestic view would be that it isnt God understand that part but i know many athiest that blantalty say there is no purpose or meaning which is untrue based on the way they live their lives

Again, no one made assumptions.  One does not need to assume when your profile says you are an authentic christian and that you believe in god and your posts have the grammar skills of a typical christian troll.  You are not the first christian to come around these parts.  If it walks and talks like a duck...silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

• Super Moderator

Is there purpose yes or no?

The only purpose anyone's life will have is the purpose that person gives it.  If christians want to squander their lives under the delusion that god gives them purpose then that is their choice and their loss.

The question I would like to ask is "Does this thread have any purpose?"

Just the very title:  "Christians hahahahahaha" screams troll. 

jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-you

My purpose is to learn nothing more nothing less. Books you guys mentioned I will check out. I also like to learn through personal interaction in.person and online. Also movie's of videos thru Richard Dawkins or athiest experience and many more.

I already understand Athiest do not believe in God giving them purpose hence why I never made that claim

Thank you for all you input in understanding of purpose. Everyone here was loving and respectful.

My last question is Why was we born?Why isn't the world filled with just nature? Why did we have to come into existence? Any scientific thoughts? Although science more so answers the how not the why

• Super Moderator
My last question is Why was we born?

Why was we? I don't know about you, but I were born because my parents successfully mated. Take a look at some elementary school biology books. I address the question of "how" because "why" isn't a proper question to ask. First, you must demonstrate that there actually is or must be a concrete purpose to life in general, and then human life specifically. After you do that we can discuss the specifics of what our purpose, goal, reason to exist is.

My last question is Why was we born?Why isn't the world filled with just nature? Why did we have to come into existence? Any scientific thoughts? Although science more so answers the how not the why

The world is filled with "just nature".  Of course, what humans have built is not natural, but humans are just another animal on planet earth.  We are not special in any way other than we have the brain power (not necessarily "intelligence") to alter the natural landscape to suit our needs.  We are not seperate from nature, as much as some would like to think we are...

Christians see no purpose for their lives outside of the church. Tells you all you need to know about them.

• Like 1

Why was we born?Why isn't the world filled with just nature?

Tell us something, Christroll, why do you think humans are apart from nature?

crucified.gif

Sure we develop purpose in a personal sense, none of it is pre-ordained, we weren't born for any one particular purpose. In a general sense I think we have a biological purpose to look after children and others around us and use what we know to benefit society as a whole.

You said that quite well. Our purpose, if there is a such a thing, is not pre-ordained by God, nor someone else. We create our own purpose. My purpose is to play video games for 13 hours a day. :-)

As a Christian I was taught what to think not how to think so breaking out of that I WILL ask why for things to gain understanding

So are you having an issue with being a Christian? Are you starting to question the church's teachings, or the bible? I believe you are quite correct when you say that church teaches you what to think and not how to think. Free, unbridled thinking without fear of God's wrath is very powerful.

If one could say we have a purpose, what is the purpose of having a powerful brain but fearing its use?

I never even stated my believe apparently you have technology to read minds. Had you asked you would know what I am but you were too busy proving to Christians that you do have a purpose. Not everyone believes in purpose. But apparently you agree with those you hate. Lol dont even know what I believe try asking rather than assuming

Why assume that anyone here gives a dead rat's ass what YOU believe?

Guest afireinside

I never even stated my believe apparently you have technology to read minds. Had you asked you would know what I am but you were too busy proving to Christians that you do have a purpose. Not everyone believes in purpose. But apparently you agree with those you hate. Lol dont even know what I believe try asking rather than assuming

Why assume that anyone here gives a dead rat's ass what YOU believe?

Ease up Thackerie, remember we are to "hate the trolling but love the troller" and we must "speak the proof in love" hahaha

An American, a Canadian, a Englishman, and Irishman and an Australian get together talk about football in a bar.

Catch is, each of them means a different thing by the word, 'football'... so their discussion gets nowhere.

To an American, this... http://www.nfl.com/ ...is football.

To a Canadian, this... http://www.cfl.ca ...is football.

To an Englishman, this... http://www.thefa.com/ ...is football.

To an Irishman, this... http://www.gaa.ie/ ...is football.

To an Australian, this... http://www.afl.com/au/ ...is football.

One word, five different meanings.

Wendyshrug.gif

A hint for 1AAT1. 

Define what you mean by, 'purpose'....then ask the question.

I say the original question from the very first post isn't even relevant.  This is an ex-Christian site and the post specifically stated:

why do Christians think there is purpose to everything?  Why do they Want so badly to be a purpose? (I'm copying it verbatim)

Is it because if there is a purpose that would mean they THINK a god would somehow be involved?

Coupled with the trollish title "Christians!  Hahahahahahaha" and the opening post directed to allah-knows-where and I came to my conclusions that:

1. he's trolling
  2. drunk trolling
  3. he's Kirk Cameron trying to be stealthy and 'go around the person's intellect'
  • Like 2

My purpose is to learn nothing more nothing less. Books you guys mentioned I will check out. I also like to learn through personal interaction in.person and online. Also movie's of videos thru Richard Dawkins or athiest experience and many more.

I already understand Athiest do not believe in God giving them purpose hence why I never made that claim

Thank you for all you input in understanding of purpose. Everyone here was loving and respectful.

Why would that purpose, of being here to learn, require you to pretend like you weren't a christian at first? That sort of behavior flies in the face of your claim. Just like when someone says their purpose is to give me money, but they have to pretend to be a Nigerian prince or the director of the FBI to do so, I don't believe them.

If you came here to learn, then why did your first post ask a question about what christians think instead of asking what ex-christians think?

This leads me to conclude that you are either a not-very-competent troll or a not-very-trustworthy person, or else such a poor communicator that you can't avoid coming across like one of those.

• Like 1