Goodbye Jesus

And On The Third Day I Rose Again!

Stryder

3 days unconverted, booya! So glad this website is here, still have a saved wife, need the help, I love her more than "god", I will win. When I was "saved"(I feel so fucking stupid), I informed my then girlfriend that I would have to break up with because christians cannot be unequally yoked....waabammm! She's saved! How great is god! More like how insidiously evil is the bible and it's ability to break people down, fucked up, I'm still fresh so I'm crazy pissed, but I really do miss swearing when I feel like it. Loving the freedom of being myself, I used to sing in a band pre-brainwashing, my friends were so happy to see me back. Tool is the ultimate deconversion band, even the word deconversion is new and amazing, I started my search, help groups for apostates, lol.

• Like 2

Welcome to sanity. 

• Super Moderator

Great to have you amongst us, Stryder.  Enjoy your newfound freedom; but don't go overboard.  Give us a holler if you need anything.

I hear ya, I just want to continue where I was stunted.

Welcome, and well done for finding this website so quickly, that's impressive :-)

Welcome!smile.png

3 days unconverted, booya! So glad this website is here, still have a saved wife, need the help, I love her more than "god", I will win. When I was "saved"(I feel so fucking stupid), I informed my then girlfriend that I would have to break up with because christians cannot be unequally yoked....waabammm! She's saved! How great is god! More like how insidiously evil is the bible and it's ability to break people down, fucked up, I'm still fresh so I'm crazy pissed, but I really do miss swearing when I feel like it. Loving the freedom of being myself, I used to sing in a band pre-brainwashing, my friends were so happy to see me back. Tool is the ultimate deconversion band, even the word deconversion is new and amazing, I started my search, help groups for apostates, lol.

Welcome.  Most of us find it best to find some kind of truce with our saved spouse rather than to try to deconvert them.  So how long were you a Christian?

Almost 8 yrs, look up gospel hall brethren on wikipedia, I'm not mad at them, same as me not too long ago, for the past 6 months I was labelled "backsliding". But they are a strong mix of kool-aid, very nice people, too bad they believe the spiritual bigotry preached in the bible. If I cant deconvert my wife, I cant, but I don't think so. I'm hard to debate with, I was a nightmare for athiests, now I am actually arguing from side of truth, we are currently going over exodus 20 vs 34, thanks for forums everyone.

People rarely leave gospel halls for lighter versions of Christianity, rarely heard of people actually leaving faith, I will be like an atom bomb going off, preached regularly when I was at height of my indoctrination.

Welcome!

Fucking welcome, Stryder!  Enjoy your new-fucking-found freedom and your regained ability to fucking let it all out!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Fucking welcome, Stryder!  Enjoy your new-fucking-found freedom and your regained ability to fucking let it all out!

Fuck yeah!  (Sorry, I just thought that post needed one more "fuck" in it)

It feels beyond good to be myself again. Already making plans to finish my tattoo, so pumped, its celtic pagan on my arm and iron maiden Eddie on my back, finish colour on my back and then join em together with some new art

Did you start the tattoos before converting and then leave them incomplete while you subscribed to the evangelical xian doctrine against self-determination-through-body-art?  If so, good for you, fucking brilliant!  :-)

FreethinkerNZ, most definitely, last session left on my back when I drank the kool-aid. It's the "Brave New World" Eddie, just his face coming out of the clouds grinning, check out the album cover.

Aren't you lucky you didn't get new tatts under the influence of the Kool Aid?  Some of my family members have done that.  I didn't though - phew.

Almost 8 yrs, look up gospel hall brethren on wikipedia, I'm not mad at them, same as me not too long ago, for the past 6 months I was labelled "backsliding". But they are a strong mix of kool-aid, very nice people, too bad they believe the spiritual bigotry preached in the bible. If I cant deconvert my wife, I cant, but I don't think so. I'm hard to debate with, I was a nightmare for athiests, now I am actually arguing from side of truth, we are currently going over exodus 20 vs 34, thanks for forums everyone.

Welcome

I've no need to look it up as I'm very familiar with this brand of Christianity.  Are you talking open or exclusive?  If the latter, under what title?

Assuming "open", I was aware that there were assemblies in Canada - are they suffering numerically like the ones in the U.K?

Depends what you call open, probably open. Not bible chapels though. Women in fellowship must wear head coverings. They believe born agains of other denominations can be saved.

Yep, that sounds "open".  The exclusives tend to a more structured central authority; it is true however that there is sliding scale of strictness amongst the open meetings, some of which can be almost more exclusive than the exclusives.

Your doing well to be walking away from the Brethren.

Ellnias, and yes, I have seen decline in my 8 yrs across the board. Odd person like me comes in but is mostly relationship growth. Many kids leaving for liberal christianity, less hell more flavour.