Goodbye Jesus

Challenge: Summarize The Nonsense Of Christianity In One Sentence.

AJG

Here's a little game.  Try to state in one sentence why Christianity makes no sense whatsoever.  Here's my favorite:

"We are saved from God by God through God for God."

I mean seriously.  God saves us from Himself by Himself by killing Himself?  The amount of brainwashing required to accept this sentence as if it means anything is mind-boggling.  And yet, I lapped it up for over thirty years.

• Like 6

"God so loved the world that he created mankind knowing full well that he would condemn the vast majority of people to burn in agony for ever"

• Like 1

Here's a little game.  Try to state in one sentence why Christianity makes no sense whatsoever.  Here's my favorite:

"We are saved from God by God through God for God."

I mean seriously.  God saves us from Himself by Himself by killing Himself?  The amount of brainwashing required to accept this sentence as if it means anything is mind-boggling.  And yet, I lapped it up for over thirty years.

It really is fascinating that this bizarre mythology ever found a foothold in the human imagination. 

I was born in the right place and the right time to be taught the right religion; unlike all those other people born in other parts of the world so that they were brainwashed with false religions.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Because god's love for us is so great he is willing to throw us all into hell if we don't return it; and he killed himself just to prove it.

• Like 5

"Forty thousand flavors and counting means that the christian god is one awesome information troll."

jesus.gif

• Like 2

I can do it in one word featured on one memetic image:

Wharrgarbl.jpg

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

John 3:16.

Idiotic concept, really. The God character of this long, convoluted story takes a mulligan on drowning every man, woman, child, bunny, kitten, puppy, etc. and does a 180 by loving us enough to kill again - this time, his own son. Really? What was wrong with me when I bought into that crock of shit?

"God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, one God in three parts, separate, yet one."

Not even the greatest theologian can adequately explain how Christianity is a monotheistic religion.

"What was wrong with me when I bought into that crock of shit?" florduh

Childhood, pure and simple. But since some people never grow up age is irrelevant.   bill

• Like 2

"God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, one God in three parts, separate, yet one."

Not even the greatest theologian can adequately explain how Christianity is a monotheistic religion.

Apparently you haven't seen that AMAZING Trinity infographic that has arrows with "is" and "is not" statements pointing to and fro.  I mean, what could be simpler to understand? rolleyes.gif 

God: "so... do you agree with me? or are you wrong?"

i know i cheated because that's two sentences

• Like 1

We're all going to hell because a talking snake convinced a rib lady to eat a magic fruit.

• Like 2

"Wrong is right;  false is true;  foolish is wise;  black is white;  one plus one equals three."

• Like 1

One that has been around for a while: "God sends himself to earth and kills himself in order to avenge himself for a curse that he put on us because one of our distant ancestors and a rib woman ate fruit from a magical tree after being told to do it by a talking snake."

• Like 1

Some christians are close minded and cannot accept reality 

that's what makes them nonsensical

''God's ways are not our ways.''

(Usually uttered when something totally fucked up has occured in life, like 9/11 or the Holocaust...and Christians are trying to pass off why their god allows tragedies to happen. But, if a 4th grader prays to do well on his/her test, alas! Prayer granted) God's ways are not our ways. yellow.gif

• Like 1

One that has been around for a while: "God sends himself to earth and kills himself in order to avenge himself for a curse that he put on us because one of our distant ancestors and a rib woman ate fruit from a magical tree after being told to do it by a talking snake."

I knew someone would bring that one up. ;)

''God's ways are not our ways.''

(Usually uttered when something totally fucked up has occured in life, like 9/11 or the Holocaust...and Christians are trying to pass off why their god allows tragedies to happen. But, if a 4th grader prays to do well on his/her test, alas! Prayer granted) God's ways are not our ways. yellow.gif

Oh yes!  Or its twin "God works in mysterious ways".  :)

• Like 1

Oh yes!  Or its twin "God works in mysterious ways".  smile.png

god-works-in-mysterious-ways.jpg

All bets are off  when Yahweh says that "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death."

• Like 3

George Carlin already did it for us:

"Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do, and there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll to to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity... but he loves you!"

• Like 2

So mysterious in fact... it makes no sense :D

Jesus + nothing = everything

^^ I was actually taught this in my church.