Goodbye Jesus

I Just Came Out To The World On My Blog.

Aiyana

Those who dare . . . 

Nice blog!

Beautiful post. Love the pictures, you really did a great job putting a face to the Christian claims of those deserving hellfire. It makes one realize the silliness of it all, and how damaging it can be. Thank you so much for sharing.

• Like 2

Nice read. It reinforces how short-sighted, destructive and ethnocentric xtianity is when you think about it. Xtianity is truly a lost cause.

Welcome, Aiyana!  I loved your blog post especially where you said that christianity was a figment of your imagination. I now realize it was mine, too, for a long, long time.  Glad you are here.

• Like 1

Great post!  The part about joy in an atheist lifestyle I found especially pertinent.  The misconceptions of what it means to live a secular life are absurd.

• Like 1

Aiyana -- Thank you. Beautifully written (and visualized). You covered a lot of essential territory in very few words and covered it well and movingly.

• Like 1

Awesome, exactly how I felt, without all the swearing, enjoy self expression. Wish I had of done it like you, but we all have to be ourselves. Thanks for sharing that.

Excellent blog! I enjoyed reading it.

Wow, that was really well-written. Love the blog!

I didn't shed Christianity for any of these reasons. I simply came to the conclusion that it isn't real.

In my own life, it caused massive, debilitating amounts of depression and anxiety. Cognitive dissonance will do that to ya.

I love what you wrote and can completely agree. The cognitive dissonance almost destroyed me. I too now have peace and joy.

Welcome out of the fold!! yellow.gif

Congratulations

The bit about being told that you were "not a real Christian" jumped out at me - mainly because it's the sort of convenient argument that Christians hide behind that really raises my hackles.  "Our god is so great that he cannot lose you, therefore you were never his in the first place and our prejudices remain intact..."

Grrr...

Very finely done. 

Thank you for putting up here.

kevinL

That was wonderful, I loved it.

It is clear to me that these things made it into the Bible because of who wrote the Bible: not an almighty and loving God, but mere mortal men from an ancient culture.

I loved all of it but this jumped out at me. 

Thanks for sharing your blog.

Congratulations Aiyana and welcome.  Glad you are here.

When I was a Christian, I was told that the life of an atheist is bleak, empty, and meaningless. Nothing could be further from the truth. I find golden meaning in each and every moment. I am awake and alive with wonder, with peace, and with love for myself and others. I don't believe any longer that I am a wretched, sinful creature doomed to hell without divine intervention. Nor do I see others that way.

Beautiful ...and true!

Excellent post! well written, and welcome to ex-xtianhood

Excellent post! Something to mention that many Christians aren't aware of... We're not in complete control of what we believe in. They really want to place all the blame on our shoulders but the truth is things do and do not make sense due to many things outside our control. Usually, the final step is not becoming a non-believer, it's acknowledging you no longer are one.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted on your blog, because at the time I couldn't post here.. I'm anonymous (the 2nd one). Just wanted again to say thank you for your post. It makes me feel a little bit less alone in this process.

I posted on your blog, because at the time I couldn't post here.. I'm anonymous (the 2nd one). Just wanted again to say thank you for your post. It makes me feel a little bit less alone in this process.

I responded to your comment there :)

I just shared this with my sisters because I just told them I'm no longer a believer... There hasn't been much discussion since but I shared this so they might have an understanding where we're coming from.

I just posted the following at your blog:

"Yes, religious indoctrination as a child by trusted adults is the primary cause of religious belief. That, and peer pressure from those same adults, family and friends to maintain that belief.

Once rational and critical thinking become available as an adult, many decide to abandon that indoctrination and peer pressure. That, as you have said, is usually a long and difficult process.

You have made that journey. Good for you."