Goodbye Jesus

Remarriages Are Adultery

violetbutterfly

Hey, being divorced is the one thing that kept me from becoming a preacher, so it can't be that bad.  According to the assemblies of god denomination, of which I was once a part, no one who is divorced and remarried can be ordained as a minister.  Murderers, rapist, and child molesters can all be pastors, but woe unto the man who has had two wives!

The Assemblies of God are wrong on that...and a lot of other teachings.

Hey, being divorced is the one thing that kept me from becoming a preacher, so it can't be that bad.  According to the assemblies of god denomination, of which I was once a part, no one who is divorced and remarried can be ordained as a minister.  Murderers, rapist, and child molesters can all be pastors, but woe unto the man who has had two wives!

The True Christian™ speaks.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

As are every other of the 41,000 christian denominations... except yours, right? ;) 

• Like 2

Your brain on faith.  It gives you to ability to say what's right or wrong without having a reason.

• Like 3

It's so nice to have Ironhorse around to clear up all of this confusion. Someone should really notify the Assemblies of God so that they can fix that policy.

Back in the 80's my uncle shot at my aunt, beat her up every now and then and even once held their newborn baby out of the first floor window threatening to let go. Don't worry he's not an alcoholic any more. If I wasn't a newborn myself I would have done something about it. What did my parents do? They prayed.

I guess it worked because he joined the AA in the mid 90's and quit drinking. My aunt still refuses to divorce him because it's a sin. (He's still an asshole only now a sober one)

Ironhorse, seriously do this for me. You've got a direct line to god right? I mean you guys talk. Won't you ask him a question please? It's a simple one. Just ask him why he let one of his devoted followers do that to one of his other devoted followers.  Also ask him why he waited like 15 years to do something about it. Thanks and don't take any of gods shit when he says he works in mysterious ways. I want a real answer. Thanks dude.

• Like 1

Nice unfounded assertion!

Here's another.  

The Earth is flat and square, not spherical.  

I don't need any evidence, proof or data to tell me this, because it says so in the Bible.

It's so nice to have Ironhorse around to clear up all of this confusion. Someone should really notify the Assemblies of God so that they can fix that policy.

Back in the 80's my uncle shot at my aunt, beat her up every now and then and even once held their newborn baby out of the first floor window threatening to let go. Don't worry he's not an alcoholic any more. If I wasn't a newborn myself I would have done something about it. What did my parents do? They prayed.

I guess it worked because he joined the AA in the mid 90's and quit drinking. My aunt still refuses to divorce him because it's a sin. (He's still an asshole only now a sober one)

Ironhorse, seriously do this for me. You've got a direct line to god right? I mean you guys talk. Won't you ask him a question please? It's a simple one. Just ask him why he let one of his devoted followers do that to one of his other devoted followers.  Also ask him why he waited like 15 years to do something about it. Thanks and don't take any of gods shit when he says he works in mysterious ways. I want a real answer. Thanks dude.

Are you saying your uncle was a devoted follower of Christ when this happened?

The Bible is clear… remarriage is a no-no

Are you saying your uncle was a devoted follower of Christ when this happened?

If you're asking if he gave his heart to Jesus then yes. If you're asking if he goes to church then yes. He got married in a church and also had his children baptised.

God will have all the details I'm sure and can confirm his then and current status. Check with him.

Also while you're at it ask him about the whole apartheid thing. Why did he change his mind about it? Pre 1994 it was right according to the church and post 1994 it's wrong. Did non white people sin or something pre 94 and repent or what the hell was the point in that?

Sorry that I'm giving you so many questions to ask him. Maybe I can setup an agenda for you guys so that he can come prepared. You can then add the stuff you want to ask him to it and prioritise. I know you and him are both busy so no rush. I've waited 26 years for the first question and never got an answer. The second question really only came up when I was around 11 and suddenly there were "people of colour" in my classroom.

So, yeah, um, thanks for relaying my questions to the big guy.