Goodbye Jesus

Jesus Sold Us Out

ChristianGuy1000

Hey Folks,

I am pondering two interesting questions:

In the Garden of Gethsemane why did Jesus ask God to 'Take This Cup'. For someone who is supposed to be 'God' (As Christians Claim) then would he not be opting to not die on the cross. 

The next part is the fact that if Jesus was God then he would clearly know what paradise is and would more than likely know that Pain on earth is nothing in comparison to Heaven and that its only Temporal.

Given that Jesus said this would it not be true that Jesus was actually appealing for God to send us all to 'Hell' so he could walk away - Jesus if he did this wilfully he would have never said such a prayer.

Lets Examine

27 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.

Jesus said that he will Not ask God for Help and to save him from this hour..

42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

Again if Jesus was God why on earth would he appeal to himself to remove the cup from himself so that his own will can be done.

My view is that Jesus most likely is NOT God he may well have been a Prophet and Wise teacher but he is NOT under any circumstances God.

The Johannine Comma is a prime example of something that was added around 300 AD to enforce the Idea of the Trinity and the whole 3 Gods in 1.

My Ultimate Question Is :: Did Jesus Sell Out Man Kind Even When He Said He WOULD NOT!

My view is that Jesus most likely is NOT God he may well have been a Prophet and Wise teacher but he is NOT under any circumstances God.

Hi CG, good to hear from you.

If Jesus indeed sold us out like you suggest, I think he is disqualified from even being a prophet or a good person. He would be one of those hypocrites that he loved railing against. Forgive my language, but I believe "lying scumbag piece of shit" is a more appropriate title for Jesus.

• Super Moderator

I'm a little bit confused.  Your tag says you are an authentic believer, but your post sounds convincingly non-christian.  Please pardon me if I ask:  Are you a christian who is experiencing genuine doubt.  And if so, are your questions here legitimate expressions of that doubt?

Also, your signature contains a blog called "walkofthemonkeyman".  There is a member on this site, from Northern Ireland, who goes by the name monkeyman.  Are you the same individual?  If so, then I understand your post a bit better.

Please forgive these questions, but I want to make sure I understand who it is I'm talking with before I post a response.

Jesus in the 'synoptic' gospels is a different person to the divine godman of John's gospel. The episode in Garden of Gethsemane was written I think to prove his humanity.  Each writer had their own separate theology.

Hi ChristianGuy1000, check out the thread on the Garden of Gethsemane in the Lions' Den:

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/61569-gethsemane-gospel-disparities/#.U0_Jm_ldXUU

Questions a bit different from yours, but you may want to contribute.

Jesus is not God in Matthew, Mark or Luke.  That theology came later.  We have no idea if the claims of divinity in John are part of the original or were edited later.

I'm a little bit confused.  Your tag says you are an authentic believer, but your post sounds convincingly non-christian.  Please pardon me if I ask:  Are you a christian who is experiencing genuine doubt.  And if so, are your questions here legitimate expressions of that doubt?

Also, your signature contains a blog called "walkofthemonkeyman".  There is a member on this site, from Northern Ireland, who goes by the name monkeyman.  Are you the same individual?  If so, then I understand your post a bit better.

Please forgive these questions, but I want to make sure I understand who it is I'm talking with before I post a response.

Howdie,

Yeah its me - It was my very old account as I havent been on here in a while and forgot my screen name. lol.

Its an intresting topic

"I left Christianity afew months ago officially. I am not starting to feel the Void, I left not because I didn't believe - I did believe but some of the stuff I read lead me to really become upset with God.
When I asked for help he was not there!"   themonkeyman
  •   
  • I don't quite understand. You say you are a believer and yet you left Xtianity "officially". Do you mean you left a church?. I thought that if you are a believer you  are are also a Xtian. So do you merely mean that you are still a believer, but with doubts? I don't mean to be a pest; I just want to understand. I can't help myself. Details drive me crazy.  bill

• Super Moderator

Howdie,

Yeah its me - It was my very old account as I havent been on here in a while and forgot my screen name. lol.

Its an intresting topic

Makes sense.  How's Carrick?  Had a decent fry-up lately?