Goodbye Jesus

Ironhorse: Please State The Central Message

mymistake

@IronHorse

Can I ask a question then?

If we are all born into this world with Sin then Jesus was a Sinner?  Therefore Jesus was not God as god apparently despises Sin?

If God does not despise sin - Then what is the point of Jesus?  Why did God allow the concept of Evil to exist?

Surely an all Loving God would not allow a creation that he loved to Fail?

-Jesus was born of a virgin. God was the father, not a man.

-Why  do you think God does not despise sin?

-Jesus took the punishment for all sin.

-Evil is not a concept. Its real.

-God allowed us freedom. If you created living beings, would you deny them freedom?

What the hell's wrong with you, Ironhorse?

You give me your word that you'll answer all the PENDING questions put to you, then you go and ask some more!

Answer the outstanding, pending, overdue questions first!

Didn't you get the memo, BAA?  Apparently, TinPony is making the claim that we haven't answered his question "What would you have god do about evil?"  He probably feels like he doesn't have to answer any of our questions until we have answered just one of his questions several thousand times.  He's even asked us, yet again, to compile a list of the threads/posts in which this question has been answered, despite that list already having been created and provided for him.  He's not going to answer our questions because he doesn't know how; he's just stalling for time in the hopes of ensnaring one or two lurkers back into the slavery of the christian religion.

If that's so Prof...

If he's got no intention of answering, then why did he give me his word that he'd try and answer ALL of the outstanding questions?

Isn't that somewhat like acting in bad faith?

Your thoughts?

I've already accused him of lying because he denied that his question had been answered.  I think the same charge would apply in this case as well.  

Hmmm...

Maybe it's time for me to hold his behavior under the spotlight for everyone to see.

Yes, I think a new thread in the Den is in order.

Thanks for focusing my mind on this, Prof.

BAA

I just don't get why IH thinks his efforts are going to do anything positive for xianity/sky god/jebus when his behaviour is so intransigent.  He's not a very effective representative of xianity.  Seems to do it more harm than good.  I am used to being around nice xians (my family and former friends).  They are reasonable people (with a small r). By that I mean they are courteous, generally honest and reliable, and act in good faith.  Their jebus is just as imaginary as IH's but at least they are well-behaved and decent to be around.  Trying to interact with him is so frustrating and disappointing.  Why would anyone begin considering xianity on the basis of his example of behaviour toward others?

• Super Moderator

@IronHorse

If we are all born into this world with Sin then Jesus was a Sinner?  Therefore Jesus was not God as god apparently despises Sin?

If God does not despise sin - Then what is the point of Jesus?  Why did God allow the concept of Evil to exist?

-God allowed us freedom. If you created living beings, would you deny them freedom?

You give me your word that you'll answer all the PENDING questions put to you, then you go and ask some more!

Didn't you get the memo, BAA?  Apparently, TinPony is making the claim that we haven't answered his question "What would you have god do about evil?"  He probably feels like he doesn't have to answer any of our questions until we have answered just one of his questions several thousand times.  He's even asked us, yet again, to compile a list of the threads/posts in which this question has been answered, despite that list already having been created and provided for him.  He's not going to answer our questions because he doesn't know how; he's just stalling for time in the hopes of ensnaring one or two lurkers back into the slavery of the christian religion.

If that's so Prof...

If he's got no intention of answering, then why did he give me his word that he'd try and answer ALL of the outstanding questions?

Your thoughts?

I've already accused him of lying because he denied that his question had been answered.  I think the same charge would apply in this case as well.  

Hmmm...

Maybe it's time for me to hold his behavior under the spotlight for everyone to see.

BAA

To quote someone I respect, who quoted someone he respects: "We do what we can."

@IronHorse

If that's so Prof...

Your thoughts?

Hmmm...

BAA

To quote someone I respect, who quoted someone he respects: "We do what we can."

Thanks.

Going offline for now.

New thread will be ready when I have the time.

IH hasn't relied to my post yet. Maybe it was too long.

• Like 1

Back to the freedom issue again!

And I say there's no free will in Heaven

You say yeah there is

I say there can't be or we may lose our sinlessness

You say we can choose but not sin

I then get angry and say "why the fuck did he allow it on earth then?!!!"

What do you think God should have done?

Create beings that were robots programmed to do as He said?

Are allow freedom?

The Bible states that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of your god. For that statement to be true, then humans must be programmed to sin, which makes us robots that are programmed to break his arbitrary rules. If Romans 3:23 is correct, then we have no freedom.

If I were God, I'd have made sure that no such programming existed.

Myth.

Because God commits sin. Like murder, for instance.

Both Jesus and sin are mental constructs outside of reality.

Evil is a mental construct. Evil is a label used to denote people who delight in causing harm to others. Evil is not an autonomous entity.

If God has allowed us freedom then why are you here? To take it away?

I have freedom so bugger off and let me enjoy it. :-)

Back to the freedom issue again!

And I say there's no free will in Heaven

You say yeah there is

I say there can't be or we may lose our sinlessness

You say we can choose but not sin

I then get angry and say "why the fuck did he allow it on earth then?!!!"

What do you think God should have done?

God gave people the ability to choose. Then got mad when they chose. :-)

Create beings that were robots programmed to do as He said?

No, that's your job. Create Christbots.

Are allow freedom?

There was nothing one minute.

God made ALL of this(according to Christianity)

There was no evil, no sin, no desires.

God made them, we were born into them.

Thanks God, you really stitched us up!

God made everything...but sin is the fault of humans... who were created by God. The logic is sound. hahahaha.

Christian debate algorithm:

1. Assert the need for imaginary friend that you insist is real.

2. Defend imaginary friend.

3. Ask if THEY coulda done better than imaginary friend.

4. Ignore question posed by the opposition.

5. Go to 1.

Christian debate algorithm:

2. Defend imaginary friend.

I have a lot of problem with this, god supposed to be all powerful and all knowing

why would he need to be defended by a mortal human?he have to be able to take care for himself if he is god?

christian just defending their ego, nothing more than that

• Like 1