Goodbye Jesus

People Claiming They Have Been To Heaven.

Scottsman

Hey guys!

I can see a recurring problem here and I've also got a solution for it.

THE PROBLEM

Ironhorse's God didn't dictate the Bible, word-for-word.  This leave you in a bit of a bind.  How do you know if he's reading it right? How do you know for sure that he isn't a false prophet or a wolf-in-sheeps-clothing? Frankly... you don't!  He keeps telling you what he believes, somehow expecting that to be good enough - even after he's just told you that scripture needs interpreting.  So you should also believe that he's reading and interpreting right, too?  But what if he isn't?  How can you know for sure?  This is the recurring problem.

Is there a way to look past his beliefs and judge for yourselves if Ironhorse IS reading and interpreting the Bible correctly?

Well, I'm delighted to say that there is!  

THE SOLUTION

Matthew 7 : 15 - 20.

True and False Prophets

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Galatians 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

That's the solution!

Don't look at what Ironhorse says he believes.  

Don't pay heed to his claims.  Don't pay attention to what he says.  Instead, look beyond his words - to his deeds.  Look at how he behaves.  Look at how he's conducted himself since he arrived here.  What does his behavior say about his character?  What kind of fruit has he shown us?  Good fruit or bad fruit?

For myself, I learned that when he gives his word... he can't be trusted.

Which is why I've highlighted one the fruit of the spirit in green.  I put my faith in Ironhorse, but he proved to be faith-less towards me.  He didn't keep his promise to me, so I judge him to lack the good fruit of faithfulness. Therefore, I won't be trusting him any more.

​Now, please ignore what Ironhorse has written and instead, closely examine how he's behaved to us.

On the basis of his behavior, would you trust him to read and understand the Bible properly?

Would you put your faith in him to guide you thru scripture?

Has his conduct earned your trust?

What fruit do you see in him?

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 2

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.