Goodbye Jesus

Change The World

TheRedneckProfessor

• Super Moderator

Something that really annoys me about christians is how they are always talking about "taking this city for christ", or "making this a 'christian' nation".  They're always going on about how they want to change the world through christ.

Listen up, buttercup!  The world doesn't want to be changed; and even if it did, with six billion people living in it, there's no reason to believe that the world would like your idea any better than anyone else's.  

Perhaps if you could demonstrate how jesus genuinely changed the life of just one starving African child, or saved just one ten year old Bosnian girl from the rape camps, the world might listen.  But you guys can't even agree on what jesus did or said when he was supposedly here on earth.

If christians can't even figure out their own faith, in light of the 41,000 different interpretations of it, what makes christians think they are qualified to change anything about the world we live in?

• Like 2

I remember hearing the talk of "taking this city for christ" etc.  I have never heard of any city that was actually taken for christ, or for any religious figure or god.  Their plans don't ever seem to amount to much.

In worship songs they are always setting things on fire.. my soul, this generation, our hearts, etc.

Something that really annoys me about christians is how they are always talking about "taking this city for christ", or "making this a 'christian' nation".  They're always going on about how they want to change the world through christ.

Listen up, buttercup!  The world doesn't want to be changed; and even if it did, with six billion people living in it, there's no reason to believe that the world would like your idea any better than anyone else's.  

Perhaps if you could demonstrate how jesus genuinely changed the life of just one starving African child, or saved just one ten year old Bosnian girl from the rape camps, the world might listen.  But you guys can't even agree on what jesus did or said when he was supposedly here on earth.

If christians can't even figure out their own faith, in light of the 41,000 different interpretations of it, what makes christians think they are qualified to change anything about the world we live in?

Worried about you Prof. Your backlash is valid to your own necessity, but seems a bit unbecoming.

It's the actions of biblegod that could be euphemistically considered "unbecoming".  Prof is the perfect redneck gentleman.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Worried about you Prof. Your backlash is valid to your own necessity, but seems a bit unbecoming.

No need to worry, End.  Realizing this simple truth, that the world didn't want to be changed and probably wouldn't like my idea anyway, set me free from a lot of arrogance and a lot of pressure as well.  If my wording seems a bit abrasive, it's simply an expression of my frustration with the laws in America being overly influenced by religious fundamentalism.

• Super Moderator

It's the actions of biblegod that could be euphemistically considered "unbecoming".  Prof is the perfect redneck gentleman.

You're sweet, FreeThinker.

Double post

• Like 1

Listen up, buttercup!  The world doesn't want to be changed . . . 

Well then, there is nothing left for God to do but give up.  We all know how God will never violate the free will of people.  (Noah's flood was 100% completely consensual.)  Too bad God didn't use his omni super powers and plan things out ahead of time.  What a waste that whole Calvary thing turned out to be!  

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Listen up, buttercup!  The world doesn't want to be changed . . . 

Well then, there is nothing left for God to do but give up.  We all know how God will never violate the free will of people.  (Noah's flood was 100% completely consensual.)  Too bad God didn't use his omni super powers and plan things out ahead of time.  What a waste that whole Calvary thing turned out to be!  

Calvary was a waste of time, if we believe funguyrye's Aleph Tav argument.  According to fungi, god had the strength of the cross (Aleph Tav) at the very foundation of the earth, which means he could have used the power of salvation during creation rather than allowing Original Sin, atrocity, genocide, the flood, and the crucifixion of his own son (who was actually himself) to be played out before redeeming anybody.  What a loser god is. 

Listening to a lady on the radio saying Afghanistan was a waste of time, was unachievable or something such....they can't be changed. And I see that you are saying the world doesn't want to be changed, yet there are varied levels of cultural maturity that we label.....3rd world etc. You do believe that education and the benefits thereof disseminated through love and hope are wrong? You would like to take the pressure of you? The admonition is to run the race.

I think the radio thing was in response to doctors and nurses getting killed.

And this raises another point in my mind. If we, and you, conclude that a certain level of humanity can't be changed, then why condemn God for expunging them.

Listening to a lady on the radio saying Afghanistan was a waste of time, was unachievable or something such....they can't be changed. And I see that you are saying the world doesn't want to be changed, yet there are varied levels of cultural maturity that we label.....3rd world etc. You do believe that education and the benefits thereof disseminated through love and hope are wrong? You would like to take the pressure of you? The admonition is to run the race.

And this raises another point in my mind. If we, and you, conclude that a certain level of humanity can't be changed, then why condemn God for expunging them.

That is the most repugnant, fucked up, worldview held by Christians...that a god has written off entire groups of people. Do you realize this very line of thinking is what leads to genocide?

• Like 1

That is the most repugnant, fucked up, worldview held by Christians...that a god has written off entire groups of people. Do you realize this very line of thinking is what leads to genocide?

So which way are y'all going on this. I think I made my point.

And please Fern, how is it different. Genocide vs. withholding education, aid, medicine?

Edit: Hang on, I need to look at my wallet and see if I still have my Republican Party Member Card...

And please Fern, how is it different. Genocide vs. withholding education, aid, medicine?

That's a strawman. Stay on point. How do you know god has "expunged" any group of people and what exactly does that mean?

• Super Moderator

Obviously, End, I'm not saying that we, as humans, do not have a responsibility to make the world a better place, not just for ourselves, but for the people around us.  To take that particular tack with me is to miss the point of my original post.

My beef is with christians believing that they need to change the world by christianizing it.  The world doesn't want that kind of change, despite what christians think.  

Realizing that it was not my place to "take the world for christ" is what took the pressure off of me; not coming to the conclusion that I bear no responsibility toward my neighbors (a conclusion, mind you, to which I never came).

• Like 1

Edit: Hang on, I need to look at my wallet and see if I still have my Republican Party Member Card...

Are you fucking kidding me?!? Expunged and withholding aid are NOT the same thing.

ex·punge

ikˈspənj/

verb

past tense: expunged; past participle: expunged

erase or remove completely (something unwanted or unpleasant).

"I’ve kind of expunged that period from my CV"

synonyms: erase, remove, delete, rub out, wipe out, efface; More

How do you think god will delete an entire racial group? With the army of god no doubt. Christians murdering in gods name. I cant believe what I just witnessed. You are advocating genocide in the name of religion. Religion poisons everything. Thank you for proving that point. Now please dont breed.

• Like 2

Obviously, End, I'm not saying that we, as humans, do not have a responsibility to make the world a better place, not just for ourselves, but for the people around us.  To take that particular tack with me is to miss the point of my original post.

My beef is with christians believing that they need to change the world by christianizing it.  The world doesn't want that kind of change, despite what christians think.  

Realizing that it was not my place to "take the world for christ" is what took the pressure off of me; not coming to the conclusion that I bear no responsibility toward my neighbors (a conclusion, mind you, to which I never came).

Thanks, I misunderstood. I don't know other than to pick a methodology that best fits one's perspective and do the best with that. I can't see that any other "take the world for" title that provides something less egocentric. Like trying to ride a nameless horse...

Are you fucking kidding me?!? Expunged and withholding aid are NOT the same thing.

ex·punge

ikˈspənj/

verb

past tense: expunged; past participle: expunged

erase or remove completely (something unwanted or unpleasant).

"I’ve kind of expunged that period from my CV"

synonyms: erase, remove, delete, rub out, wipe out, efface; More

How do you think god will delete an entire racial group? With the army of god no doubt. Christians murdering in gods name. I cant believe what I just witnessed. You are advocating genocide in the name of religion. Religion poisons everything. Thank you for proving that point. Now please dont breed.

Or run for any publicly elected office.

When Christians say stuff about "taking this city for Christ", it makes me think of something a crusader of the Roman Catholic Church would have said during the Middle Ages. If Christians really wanted to capture cities for Christ, they'd be using guns, tanks, and bombs and they'd be executing all those who refuse to convert, just like in the good ol' days, because that's the only way it's going to happen with any success.

So which way are y'all going on this. I think I made my point.

Usually when you say something like that, that you made your point, you prove that you have no clue what anybody else is talking about by saying something like this:

That we don't want to see people enslaved to the scam of Christianity does not mean we wish the world to go without education, aid or medicine.  We are sick of Popes and Fundamentalist Televangelists and the Joel Osteens who sit in their Palaces of Gold while they use a fucked up religion to squeeze even more money out of the poor.

• Super Moderator

Think about it this way:  How many christians would sign up for a missionary trip where they were explicitly forbidden to talk about jesus and were told to stay on the task of handing out medical supplies, food, and condoms?  When was the last time you saw a church giving money to a strictly secular humanist charity?

In my experience, christians are not capable of acting altruistically without strings attached.

• Like 2

The Western world was virtually under the control of christianity for about  1000,years. Tell me when during that time the Church reflected forgiveness, kindness, charity or any other so called Xtian value? Instead they built up through intimidation and cruelty an enormous wealth which they continue to hold on to for dear life.  bill

• Like 2

"Perhaps if you could demonstrate how jesus genuinely changed the life of just one starving African child, or saved just one ten year old Bosnian girl from the rape camps, the world might listen.  But you guys can't even agree on what jesus did or said when he was supposedly here on earth."

Perhaps you should do some reading on how much Christians have done to help people. Please don't even reply

unless you can dismiss Christian contributions to education, science, medicine and works of charity with FACTS.

• Super Moderator

"Perhaps if you could demonstrate how jesus genuinely changed the life of just one starving African child, or saved just one ten year old Bosnian girl from the rape camps, the world might listen.  But you guys can't even agree on what jesus did or said when he was supposedly here on earth."

Perhaps you should do some reading on how much Christians have done to help people. Please don't even reply

unless you can dismiss Christian contributions to education, science, medicine and works of charity with FACTS.

To begin with, asking that I demonstrate something is not an answer to my original request for a demonstration.

Secondly, I don't recall ever stating that christians have not made contributions.  My position is that the world does not need to be christianized.  And that it annoys me when christians talk about "changing the world".

Please do not reply unless you fully understand the original post.  Oh, and I know you don't like FACTS, so I won't burden you with any.