Goodbye Jesus

Change The World

TheRedneckProfessor

Something that really annoys me about christians is how they are always talking about "taking this city for christ", or "making this a 'christian' nation".  They're always going on about how they want to change the world through christ.

Listen up, buttercup!  The world doesn't want to be changed; and even if it did, with six billion people living in it, there's no reason to believe that the world would like your idea any better than anyone else's.  

Perhaps if you could demonstrate how jesus genuinely changed the life of just one starving African child, or saved just one ten year old Bosnian girl from the rape camps, the world might listen.  But you guys can't even agree on what jesus did or said when he was supposedly here on earth.

If christians can't even figure out their own faith, in light of the 41,000 different interpretations of it, what makes christians think they are qualified to change anything about the world we live in?

"Perhaps if you could demonstrate how jesus genuinely changed the life of just one starving African child, or saved just one ten year old Bosnian girl from the rape camps, the world might listen.  But you guys can't even agree on what jesus did or said when he was supposedly here on earth."

Perhaps you should do some reading on how much Christians have done to help people. Please don't even reply

unless you can dismiss Christian contributions to education, science, medicine and works of charity with FACTS.

How Christians change lives? (Your retort) Or how Jesus changes lives? (Which is what the Prof is questioning) There is a difference, you know. People of any religion can and do help the less fortunate. Jesus, on the other hand doesn't exist and therefore doesn't do anything. :-)

You demand facts. lol. Good one. Show me this Jesus.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Something that really annoys me about christians is how they are always talking about "taking this city for christ", or "making this a 'christian' nation".  They're always going on about how they want to change the world through christ.

Listen up, buttercup!  The world doesn't want to be changed; and even if it did, with six billion people living in it, there's no reason to believe that the world would like your idea any better than anyone else's.  

Perhaps if you could demonstrate how jesus genuinely changed the life of just one starving African child, or saved just one ten year old Bosnian girl from the rape camps, the world might listen.  But you guys can't even agree on what jesus did or said when he was supposedly here on earth.

If christians can't even figure out their own faith, in light of the 41,000 different interpretations of it, what makes christians think they are qualified to change anything about the world we live in?

"Perhaps if you could demonstrate how jesus genuinely changed the life of just one starving African child, or saved just one ten year old Bosnian girl from the rape camps, the world might listen.  But you guys can't even agree on what jesus did or said when he was supposedly here on earth."

Perhaps you should do some reading on how much Christians have done to help people. Please don't even reply

unless you can dismiss Christian contributions to education, science, medicine and works of charity with FACTS.

How Christians change lives? (Your retort) Or how Jesus changes lives? (Which is what the Prof is questioning) There is a difference, you know. People of any religion can and do help the less fortunate. Jesus, on the other hand doesn't exist and therefore doesn't do anything. :-)

You demand facts. lol. Good one. Show me this Jesus.

TinPony only wanted to shift the focus onto the "good works" of christians because he knows he cannot demonstrate that jesus even exists, let alone that he has personally made a demonstrable difference in anyone's life, other than anecdotal evidence like: "I knew this guy who was strung out on drugs until he met jesus."

It strikes me as odd that TinPony would suddenly jump on the "christians do good works" band-wagon when he's been arguing so hard all week that christians are saved by grace through faith NOT BY WORKS.

• Like 2

Guest afireinside

It's all bullshit!

God supposedly putting the onus on humans to fix a world HE fucked by his design. He gave humans this "privilege" it seems, so we can partake in his great plan of salvation.

As a Christian I felt honoured but also distressed by this. Why did God make it such a big job and place the responsibility on us?. Why was it always a failure if God was with us and why didn't God just man up and fix it himself. DIY God- you fuck it, you fix it mate! It's not our job to sort YOUR shit out!!. Christians wake up and realise what stupid shit you believe, you are not co-heirs, you are not chosen or special, you are gullible and unable to fix any problems without an invisible Mafia Don. This worlds only going to work when we ditch religion and work in unity but I think the proverbial horse has bolted on that one.

so we are special because we are christians?

what's so special about christians anyway?

Guest afireinside

The fact that Christians think they invented and cornered the market on universal things such as:

-Love

-Marriage

-Truth

-Compassion

-Wisdom

-Revelation

-Sexuality

All other religions and cultures are wrong even though they all overlap in some way. Christians hold the perfect truth so they are special-the rest of us are ignorant, misguided fools who believe we are special but are just deluded.

• Super Moderator

The fact that Christians think they invented and cornered the market on universal things such as:

-Love

-Marriage

-Truth

-Compassion

-Wisdom

-Revelation

-Sexuality

All other religions and cultures are wrong even though they all overlap in some way. Christians hold the perfect truth so they are special-the rest of us are ignorant, misguided fools who believe we are special but are just deluded.

And their delusion, they think, qualifies them to go about attempting to change the world that the rest of us live in.  It's a dangerous and insidious reality that we need to counter at every opportunity.

-Love

-Marriage

-Truth

-Compassion

-Wisdom

-Revelation

-Sexuality

And their delusion, they think, qualifies them to go about attempting to change the world that the rest of us live in.  It's a dangerous and insidious reality that we need to counter at every opportunity.

Persecutor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And End3 dodges Scot after he gets caught, nice one!  I give that a 7 out of 10.  Solid C- effort.  Way to go!

Next up is Ironpony with the assumption that since christians do horrendous shit in the world, that means they don't do good things!  It's the all-or-nothing tactic!  He attempts to fuse a christian person's good deeds with "jesus genuinely changing the life of a starving African child!"  Because a christian did that, that means god did it!  But if a christian does harm, then no, that can't be jesus!

Brilliant!  (for christian logic anyways, it's just absolutely mind blowing!)

Good job Ponyboy, take a bow, that was an 8 out of 10 B- attempt at misdirecting TRP's post!

Remember christians, you better take one for the team when god orders you to do horrific shit!  Your treasure will be in heaven!  Allah hu ackbar amen!

1Sam 15:

Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

It's all bullshit!

God supposedly putting the onus on humans to fix a world HE fucked by his design. He gave humans this "privilege" it seems, so we can partake in his great plan of salvation.

As a Christian I felt honoured but also distressed by this. Why did God make it such a big job and place the responsibility on us?. Why was it always a failure if God was with us and why didn't God just man up and fix it himself. DIY God- you fuck it, you fix it mate! It's not our job to sort YOUR shit out!!. Christians wake up and realise what stupid shit you believe, you are not co-heirs, you are not chosen or special, you are gullible and unable to fix any problems without an invisible Mafia Don. This worlds only going to work when we ditch religion and work in unity but I think the proverbial horse has bolted on that one.

I've asked the question below a couple of times I think. If you have seen it answered, post the thread number.

It's really popular here for some members to state how God made the world all wrong and if God is God,

why does God allow all the evil and suffering? Why doesn't God do something to about it?

OK, suppose you were God what would you do about it?

ironhorse, we don't claim to be the good, benevolent, just, mercy god, so fuck the biblical god and his supposedly godly sinless standards in mythological jesus,,,,,,

ironhorse, we don't claim to be the good, benevolent, just, mercy god, so fuck the biblical god and his supposedly godly sinless standards in mythological jesus,,,,,,

His question is still a reasonable question regardless of your moral position.

I would do something other than command the following.  In fact I would command the opposite and use infinite power to make sure it happens to NO ONE:

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

its been answered....... repeatedly.

Edit: brainwave! Ironhorse is multiple people! Hence why he/she never stays on topic or seems to know whats going on.

No, that's the holy spook speaking through him.  It's hilarious, I'm having fun tonight, but I really do wish jesus/yaweh/allah would send some better christians.

Guest afireinside

Obviously you haven't been lurking for long because the question has been addressed and answered over and over and over and over ad nauseum. It's a stall tactic when no answers are available. The question we ask is so potent that it keeps being asked and that is his counter.

Edit: brainwave! Ironhorse is multiple people! Hence why he/she never stays on topic or seems to know whats going on.

Please post the threads where it has been answered...repeatedly.

Guest afireinside

Ahhhhhh you nearly got us again, you joker!

You like us looking up post numbers it's like Simon says!

You're such a prankster hahahaha, good one!!!

Now it's just hilarious.

Guest afireinside

I've got that Eric Clapton song in my head.

"If I could cha-aaa-aaange the world, I would be the sunlight in your universe, something something something, if I could cha-aaaa-haaaange THE world"

"If I could cha-aaa-aaange the world, I would be the sunlight in your universe, something something something, if I could cha-aaaa-haaaange THE world"

But you still haven't answered the question. If you were God, what would you do to make the world a better place?

COME ON, IRONHORSE IS WAITING FOR AN ANSWER.

Didn't Daniel pray to the same god that Ironhorse believes in?  And god showed him the "exact" dream of King Nebby?

Ironhose, pray to your god now and he will reveal those exact posts you were looking for.  Go on, start!

Guest afireinside

Didn't Daniel pray to the same god that Ironhorse believes in? And god showed him the "exact" dream of King Nebby?

Ironhose, pray to your god now and he will reveal those exact posts you were looking for. Go on, start!

How ironic would it be if tonight you had a dream

you were being mounted by a big iron horse!

Would you believe then huh huh would you?!? WOULD YA?!!!!!

Guest afireinside

But you still haven't answered the question. If you were God, what would you do to make the world a better place?

COME ON, IRONHORSE IS WAITING FOR AN ANSWER.

Yeah sorry I was just stalling for time

I think that if Ironhorse had unlimited power and knew all the mysteries of the universe then he would try to make the world a better place by trolling ex-Christian websites.

Hahahaha, ew, since god's omniscient he would know I would not approve, and since he's omnipotent, then he could certainly beam that dream into my head. 

God's more perverted than the pope.