Goodbye Jesus

Change The World

TheRedneckProfessor

I've got that Eric Clapton song in my head.

"If I could cha-aaa-aaange the world, I would be the sunlight in your universe, something something something, if I could cha-aaaa-haaaange THE world"

But you still haven't answered the question. If you were God, what would you do to make the world a better place?

COME ON, IRONHORSE IS WAITING FOR AN ANSWER.

Thank you violetbutterfly.

And the answers are....happydance.gif

Taking bets that Ponyboy will dodge this and just re-state the question in some other thread.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/61554-there-is-no-justice-in-the-christian-concept-of-heaven-and-hell/?p=941994

I've got that Eric Clapton song in my head.

"If I could cha-aaa-aaange the world, I would be the sunlight in your universe, something something something, if I could cha-aaaa-haaaange THE world"

But you still haven't answered the question. If you were God, what would you do to make the world a better place?

COME ON, IRONHORSE IS WAITING FOR AN ANSWER.

Thank you violetbutterfly.

And the answers are....happydance.gif

And the answers are... visible in the relevant threads that you have already read and are now pretending you haven't.  How can we trust your honesty when you are always claiming not to have read things?

• Like 1

I guess I have to hold up a sarcasm sign.

• Super Moderator

It's all bullshit!

God supposedly putting the onus on humans to fix a world HE fucked by his design. He gave humans this "privilege" it seems, so we can partake in his great plan of salvation.

As a Christian I felt honoured but also distressed by this. Why did God make it such a big job and place the responsibility on us?. Why was it always a failure if God was with us and why didn't God just man up and fix it himself. DIY God- you fuck it, you fix it mate! It's not our job to sort YOUR shit out!!. Christians wake up and realise what stupid shit you believe, you are not co-heirs, you are not chosen or special, you are gullible and unable to fix any problems without an invisible Mafia Don. This worlds only going to work when we ditch religion and work in unity but I think the proverbial horse has bolted on that one.

I've asked the question below a couple of times I think. If you have seen it answered, post the thread number.

It's really popular here for some members to state how God made the world all wrong and if God is God,

why does God allow all the evil and suffering? Why doesn't God do something to about it?

OK, suppose you were God what would you do about it?

TinPony, please try to stay on topic.  We are asking someone to demonstrate that jesus has actually made a demonstrable difference in the life of just one starving African child.  I know that you lack the intellectual fortitude to do this, which is why you keep trying to re-direct this thread onto the good works of christians (which are pointless, if you are saved through grace), and onto the question of "what would we have god do?" (which has been answered for you more times than the question "would you like fries with that?).  If you have nothing more to contribute to this thread than blatant attempts to re-direct it into a conversation you think you can be in control of, then get yourself off of it.  If that's too much to accept, then to hell with you.

• Super Moderator

ironhorse, we don't claim to be the good, benevolent, just, mercy god, so fuck the biblical god and his supposedly godly sinless standards in mythological jesus,,,,,,

His question is still a reasonable question regardless of your moral position.

If you were paying attention, Clay, you'd know his question has been answered repeatedly by the good, benevolent, just, merciful people of this forum.  Go back to casting your demons out.

• Super Moderator

ironhorse, we don't claim to be the good, benevolent, just, mercy god, so fuck the biblical god and his supposedly godly sinless standards in mythological jesus,,,,,,

its been answered....... repeatedly.

Edit: brainwave! Ironhorse is multiple people! Hence why he/she never stays on topic or seems to know whats going on.

Please post the threads where it has been answered...repeatedly.

TinPony, you are being unbelievably disingenuous here.  You know perfectly well that this question has been answered for you multiple times in multiple threads.  You are not too stupid to have read those answers for yourself, which means that by denying that this question has been answered, you are lying.  You, TinPony, are a disingenuous liar, and now both the members here, as well as the lurkers, whom you claimed to be trying to help a few months ago, know it.  

Whatever else you have to say on this forum, or on this website, will be viewed through the lense of your blatant dishonesty.  You've had a good run, here, TinPony; but lying is against our moral code.

Something that really annoys me about christians is how they are always talking about "taking this city for christ", or "making this a 'christian' nation".  They're always going on about how they want to change the world through christ.

Listen up, buttercup!  The world doesn't want to be changed; and even if it did, with six billion people living in it, there's no reason to believe that the world would like your idea any better than anyone else's.  

Perhaps if you could demonstrate how jesus genuinely changed the life of just one starving African child, or saved just one ten year old Bosnian girl from the rape camps, the world might listen.  But you guys can't even agree on what jesus did or said when he was supposedly here on earth.

If christians can't even figure out their own faith, in light of the 41,000 different interpretations of it, what makes christians think they are qualified to change anything about the world we live in?

"Perhaps if you could demonstrate how jesus genuinely changed the life of just one starving African child, or saved just one ten year old Bosnian girl from the rape camps, the world might listen.  But you guys can't even agree on what jesus did or said when he was supposedly here on earth."

Perhaps you should do some reading on how much Christians have done to help people. Please don't even reply

unless you can dismiss Christian contributions to education, science, medicine and works of charity with FACTS.

No, Ironhorse!

The onus is on your to do the reading.

Reading of the the many unanswered questions that have been put to you.  

Then answering them.

• Like 1

It's all bullshit!

God supposedly putting the onus on humans to fix a world HE fucked by his design. He gave humans this "privilege" it seems, so we can partake in his great plan of salvation.

As a Christian I felt honoured but also distressed by this. Why did God make it such a big job and place the responsibility on us?. Why was it always a failure if God was with us and why didn't God just man up and fix it himself. DIY God- you fuck it, you fix it mate! It's not our job to sort YOUR shit out!!. Christians wake up and realise what stupid shit you believe, you are not co-heirs, you are not chosen or special, you are gullible and unable to fix any problems without an invisible Mafia Don. This worlds only going to work when we ditch religion and work in unity but I think the proverbial horse has bolted on that one.

I've asked the question below a couple of times I think. If you have seen it answered, post the thread number.

It's really popular here for some members to state how God made the world all wrong and if God is God,

why does God allow all the evil and suffering? Why doesn't God do something to about it?

OK, suppose you were God what would you do about it?

No, Ironhorse!

The onus is on you to put in the work (go the extra mile), not to ask others to do the work for you.

You should be busy doing this work, prior to answering the outstanding questions that have been put to you.

Please live up to your word and honor your responsibilities!

A reasonable question that should be deferred until Ironhorse has lived up to his word to answer 'ALL' of them.

Unless, of course, you're advocating that he should adopt your s.o.p.?

Ordinaryclay...

"I'm under no obligation to answer your questions."

"It's really popular here for some members to state how God made the world all wrong and if God is God,

why does God allow all the evil and suffering? Why doesn't God do something to about it?  End3

OK, suppose you were God what would you do about it?"  End3

1. I wouldn't allow the personification of evil, the devil, to have free reign among us.

2 I wouldn't place the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil in the Garden to tempt the first man and woman, knowing the deadly consequences of their inability to resist, knowing all the while that they would fail.

3 I wouldn't let the snake live in the Garden knowing it would ensure that they would fail.

4 I would not commit genocide against all of my creatures except one family knowing it would fail

5 I would destroy hell. 

6. I wouldn't order my favorite creature to murder his own son just to  test the extent of his brainwashed loyalty to me.

7. I wouldn't reward my people for killing, raping, robbing, cruelty , etc similar atrocities.

.8. I wouldn't be so vain as to allow sacrifices to be done in my honor.

9. I would not allow a I would not make a small number of my creatures "my people" and visit havoc upon the rest, including genocide

10 I wouldn't allow a book to be distributed which claims to capture my nature perfectly, because it can't.

11. I would not stand still and do nothing when atrocities of the most egregious kind are committed against millions of people, or even against one person.

12. I would not allow evil things to be done in my name.

Would you?  

These are just some off of the top of my head.     bill

Guest afireinside

"It's really popular here for some members to state how God made the world all wrong and if God is God,

why does God allow all the evil and suffering? Why doesn't God do something to about it? End3

OK, suppose you were God what would you do about it?" End3

1. I wouldn't allow the personification of evil, the devil, to have free reign among us.

2 I wouldn't place the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil in the Garden to tempt the first man and woman, knowing the deadly consequences of their inability to resist, knowing all the while that they would fail.

3 I wouldn't let the snake live in the Garden knowing it would ensure that they would fail.

4 I would not commit genocide against all of my creatures except one family knowing it would fail

5 I would destroy hell.

6. I wouldn't order my favorite creature to murder his own son just to test the extent of his brainwashed loyalty to me.

7. I wouldn't reward my people for killing, raping, robbing, cruelty , etc similar atrocities.

.8. I wouldn't be so vain as to allow sacrifices to be done in my honor.

9. I would not allow a I would not make a small number of my creatures "my people" and visit havoc upon the rest, including genocide

10 I wouldn't allow a book to be distributed which claims to capture my nature perfectly, because it can't.

11. I would not stand still and do nothing when atrocities of the most egregious kind are committed against millions of people, or even against one person.

12. I would not allow evil things to be done in my name.

Would you?

These are just some off of the top of my head. bill

AMEN!!

If I was god I would not promise that I would answer prayers and then ignore them.  And I would not be invisible and uncommunicative.  I would try to be like a good parent and be as reasonable, patient, and loving as I could, and explain things as clearly as possible and since I was god I would be very very very clear.  I would want my human creations on earth to be fulfilled and content and creative, I would want them to be challenged and learning through their lives, I would want them to experience life fully and with joy, I would be available for them during hard times and encourage them.  I would want to be like a good parent, a good creator of life.

Plus what bill said above.

Oh, or if I was god I would just create worlds with creatures in them for fun and then move on and let what happens, happens.  I would be completely uninvolved after creation.  But I would NOT write a book making promises that I had no interest in keeping that said I popped up once in a while as a burning bush or a guy named jesus.  And I certainly wouldn't threaten my creations with hell.  I would just let things play out without me.

I'd either be a god that was like a nice parent OR a disinterested diety that created things and backed away to create more things elsewhere.

• Super Moderator

If I was god I would not promise that I would answer prayers and then ignore them.  And I would not be invisible and uncommunicative.  I would try to be like a good parent and be as reasonable, patient, and loving as I could, and explain things as clearly as possible and since I was god I would be very very very clear.  I would want my human creations on earth to be fulfilled and content and creative, I would want them to be challenged and learning through their lives, I would want them to experience life fully and with joy, I would be available for them during hard times and encourage them.  I would want to be like a good parent, a good creator of life.

And I would have no problem worshiping you, amateur.  17.gif

Ah, the Church of Amateur commences tonight.  Bring your tithe, a nice casserole, a bottle of your favorite libation, a dozen condoms, and your imagination!  All are welcome!

• Super Moderator

Ah, the Church of Amateur commences tonight.  Bring your tithe, a nice casserole, a bottle of your favorite libation, a dozen condoms, and your imagination!  All are welcome!

I can handle the jug of moonshine and condoms; but I don't do tithes or casseroles.  Does that mean I'm excommunicated?

Guest afireinside

If I was god I would not promise that I would answer prayers and then ignore them. And I would not be invisible and uncommunicative. I would try to be like a good parent and be as reasonable, patient, and loving as I could, and explain things as clearly as possible and since I was god I would be very very very clear. I would want my human creations on earth to be fulfilled and content and creative, I would want them to be challenged and learning through their lives, I would want them to experience life fully and with joy, I would be available for them during hard times and encourage them. I would want to be like a good parent, a good creator of life.

And I would have no problem worshiping you, amateur. 17.gif

Ah, the Church of Amateur commences tonight. Bring your tithe, a nice casserole, a bottle of your favorite libation, a dozen condoms, and your imagination! All are welcome!

I can handle the jug of moonshine and condoms; but I don't do tithes or casseroles. Does that mean I'm excommunicated?

Yep, eating is cheating and I'm not paying taxes when I come for drunken sex

If I was god I would not promise that I would answer prayers and then ignore them. And I would not be invisible and uncommunicative. I would try to be like a good parent and be as reasonable, patient, and loving as I could, and explain things as clearly as possible and since I was god I would be very very very clear. I would want my human creations on earth to be fulfilled and content and creative, I would want them to be challenged and learning through their lives, I would want them to experience life fully and with joy, I would be available for them during hard times and encourage them. I would want to be like a good parent, a good creator of life.

And I would have no problem worshiping you, amateur. 17.gif

Ah, the Church of Amateur commences tonight. Bring your tithe, a nice casserole, a bottle of your favorite libation, a dozen condoms, and your imagination! All are welcome!
I can handle the jug of moonshine and condoms; but I don't do tithes or casseroles. Does that mean I'm excommunicated?

Yep, eating is cheating and I'm not paying taxes when I come for drunken sex

You are all going to be sent straight to Amateur Hell.

^^^Ooooh, now there's an interesting thought!  If you could create your own hell, what would it be like?

Mine would definitely have lots of hot young naked men in it -- and me with horns!

• Super Moderator

^^^Ooooh, now there's an interesting thought!  If you could create your own hell, what would it be like?

Mine would definitely have lots of hot young naked men in it -- and me with horns!

Mmmmmm..... horny amateur..... if ever there were a heaven, surely that would be it!

"EAT THE CASSEROLE!!!  EAT THE CASSEROLE!!!!!"   

*screams of torment*

zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif