Goodbye Jesus

A Totally Accurate Intellectual Understanding Of Atheism.

Idontevenknow99

10173536_10203800828929912_1745967238841

/Sarcasm. Because it really isn't. I saw someone post this and knew right away that this is some poorly generated meme, where some Christian is going to find this so moving and deep. I don't understand why, though. Not to mention that just because most atheists think worshipping a god is absurd, does not mean that they don't have a sense of morality or even spirituality. 

I think it's definitely ABSURD to think that to begin with you're "lost and in need of saving"? From what? The atheist way seems to make more sense and the fun of it all is you get to live life freely, however you want! Not by anyone else's standards, noone else's rules. What's so wrong with that? 

• Like 1

Haven't you heard, it's wrong because "we all live in a fallen world"... lol

A free mind is a happy mind.

I have heard stories recently from a couple people around me that speak about growing up in church and then getting to their later adult life and feeling insecure, unaccomplished, unaccepted and some, even went as far to say that they felt ugly.

It is mind boggling to think that parents are still willing to raise their children within these environments when these are testimonies coming out years on. 

"The more you have, the happier you will be"

I feel sorry for anyone who says this is what atheists think because that really says more about them. Atheism doesn't necessarily mean that this life is all there is, but even if it did, that doesn't mean you have to think that life is all about money and toys. You're still just as capable of valuing love, friendship and family. You're still capable of being generous and kind and at peace with yourself. And knowing that money doesn't equal happiness.

I don't think anyone who says otherwise has really thought it through, but if they think they need to believe in god just to experience the richer things in life, I pity them.

• Like 2

"The idea that people can do as they please without eternal consequences is only wishful thinking"

This too. What kind of person thinks that hell is self-evident? Who hates a person or people in general so much to think not only do they deserve unfathomable torment for all time, but that they're so deserving of it there's no way it won't happen?

it's creative, i'll give it that.

it's creative, i'll give it that.

I think most of the statements are accurate, in that they are things an athiest could believe, but I disagree that to be an atheist one has to believe that "God does not exist". 

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in any gods, not a belief that god does not exist.  An atheist does not accept the claim that god(s) exist.  Subtle but important difference.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

This piece of "literature" (and I'm being very generous with the word) is based on the logical fallacy that atheism is a choice.  It is not; it is something many ex-christians finally accept only after long and brutal deconversions.  

• Like 2

"The more you have, the happier you will be"

I feel sorry for anyone who says this is what atheists think because that really says more about them. Atheism doesn't necessarily mean that this life is all there is, but even if it did, that doesn't mean you have to think that life is all about money and toys. You're still just as capable of valuing love, friendship and family. You're still capable of being generous and kind and at peace with yourself. And knowing that money doesn't equal happiness.

I don't think anyone who says otherwise has really thought it through, but if they think they need to believe in god just to experience the richer things in life, I pity them.

This is the part that pissed me off the most. I'm so sick of the self righteous mindset. Get over yourself. I am well aware that money does not buy happiness, unlike a lot of religious leaders out there. And if "more" is referring to anything that makes us happy and can improve our lives (like divorce from an unhappy marriage and sex and food and alcohol and dancing and rock music) then yes, I agree. You will be happier with more than with the alternative of depriving yourself and willfully suffering so you can be happy in the "next life."