Goodbye Jesus

The 700 Club

Cianna200

What do you think about the 700 club?

• Super Moderator

Hate it and that sleazy Pat Robertson too.

Guest afireinside

Last time I watched it Pat Robertson was predicting a tsunami to hit Baltimore. 4 years later....

The 700 Club, the Fox News Channel and the Home Shopping Network all run the same racket. Same tactic of exploiting the vulnerable and credulous with any balance of fear tactics and empty promises. A particular focus on the elderly. All are said to have unintentional comedic value, and while I can laugh at them, it's hard not to think of their supporters who don't deserve to be taken advantage of.

• Like 1

It's hard to believe I used to watch that show 20 years ago. When the earthquake devastated Haiti, I remember that Pat said it was god's judgment. I had a conversation with my fundy mother about this. She admitted it was difficult to accept that. My response was "why not? That's how things worked in the Old Testament."

• Super Moderator

Speaking of Pat Robertson and the natural disaster that he is...   Remember when he had a hissy fit over Disney World allowing "Gay Days."  Then the first hurricane of the season started brewing, heading for Florida.  Robertson claimed these natural disasters were part of God's just punishment for the US accepting homosexuality.  But Hurricane Bonnie turned away from Florida, Disney World, and those ebil gays, damaging a lot of the rest of the east coast instead.  Robertson's town of Virginia Beach was the hardest hit.

Robertson's town of Virginia Beach was the hardest hit.

Maybe God (whoever or whatever the hell that might be) hates Pat Robertson and decided to send him a hurricane. Or maybe... Maybe Satan sent the hurricane that way because he and Yahweh were making bets again.

A cesspool of the most idiotic, demented, horrible fools.

• Like 1

Rhetorical question, right?

Er no not rhetorical

It's hard to believe I used to watch that show 20 years ago. When the earthquake devastated Haiti, I remember that Pat said it was god's judgment. I had a conversation with my fundy mother about this. She admitted it was difficult to accept that. My response was "why not? That's how things worked in the Old Testament."

I don't believe sending a natural disaster as punishment is just in any way. Natural disasters happen by some other force not divine force. It seems that what is just and what is unjust is hard to distinguish in christianity

• Super Moderator

Last time I watched it Pat Robertson was predicting a tsunami to hit Baltimore. 4 years later....

He meant it as a spiritual tsunami. ;)

• Like 1

Pat Robertson is an average example of human sewage.

"Pat Robertson is an average example of human sewage." sdelresolray

You give Robertson way too much credit.   bill

• Like 1

The 700 Club, along with Fox News, keeps people "outraged" and feeling superior--and colossally ignorant. My mom is addicted to Fox, and as a result she can't form a thought based on logic or reason. She doesn't watch the 700 Club any more, I'm not sure why. I think Fox's manufactured outrage and Xtian pandering were more interesting for her.

My mom credits the 700 Club's "intercessory prayer" for curing me from constipation when I was 3 or 4 years old. LOL.

• Like 1

My mom credits the 700 Club's "intercessory prayer" for curing me from constipation when I was 3 or 4 years old. LOL.

Praise be!!!!  I'm glad you survived and are still with us!

That made me LOL too!

If I knew how it would be fund to compile all the prayer times at the end.  It would be great to study them for statistics.

"There is a woman who had pain.  God is touching that pain.  There is a man who need a job.  God will provide for your need.  There is a man in pain.  God is touching that pain.  There is a woman who is worried about her child.  God will provide for your need."

Guest afireinside

If I knew how it would be fund to compile all the prayer times at the end. It would be great to study them for statistics.

"There is a woman who had pain. God is touching that pain. There is a man who need a job. God will provide for your need. There is a man in pain. God is touching that pain. There is a woman who is worried about her child. God will provide for your need."

Yeah it's like Benny Hinn. Half a tonne of mail on his desk and one person gets better so hallelujah, the other 6,000 stay sick

Pat Robertson is a god tier troll. Probably one of the greatest real life trolls of all time. yellow.gif

• Like 1