Goodbye Jesus

The Bible And The Age Of Humans

pck

You're ... not interested to tell people what to believe about anything? So why do you regularly do it then?

I don't. That's just obviously how it comes across to you. And many of us here forcefully express our opinions. That doesn't necessarily translate to "telling people what to believe". Like I said before, I was told what to believe and how I should vote for 15 years of my life, and I bought it without question for a very long time. I'll be damned if I'll do the same thing to others for any reason at all... you're welcome to any opinion you wish to have about me, but I think I am done with this conversation. I have been sick with a nasty stomach bug for a week, I still don't feel that great, and I really don't feel like arguing with you or anyone else at the moment...

Maybe the people who told you what to believe ... weren't actually telling you what to believe then! Maybe they were just forcefully expressing their fucking opinions. That doesn't apparently translate to telling people what to believe, as per your own words.

You're ... not interested to tell people what to believe about anything? So why do you regularly do it then?

I don't. That's just obviously how it comes across to you. And many of us here forcefully express our opinions. That doesn't necessarily translate to "telling people what to believe". Like I said before, I was told what to believe and how I should vote for 15 years of my life, and I bought it without question for a very long time. I'll be damned if I'll do the same thing to others for any reason at all... you're welcome to any opinion you wish to have about me, but I think I am done with this conversation. I have been sick with a nasty stomach bug for a week, I still don't feel that great, and I really don't feel like arguing with you or anyone else at the moment...

Maybe the people who told you what to believe ... weren't actually telling you what to believe then! Maybe they were just forcefully expressing their fucking opinions. That doesn't apparently translate to telling people what to believe, as per your own words.

What did you not understand about me being done with this conversation? I don't give a shit about what you think or about what your opinion of me is. I am loved and appreciated by many people here, and I'll take them over you any day. I hope you have a nice day, but really, as far as this conversation goes, fuck off...

What did you not understand about me being done with this conversation? I don't give a shit about what you think or about what your opinion of me is. I am loved and appreciated by many people here, and I'll take them over you any day. I hope you have a nice day, but really, as far as this conversation goes, fuck off...

Weren't you already done with this conversation? I just decided to care as much about what you said as you care about what I said - evidenced by your comments on my previous posts not understanding what I say whatsoever.

Psalm 90 states that we are given 70 years, 80 if we're strong.   I assume that the priestly caste must have had a decent lifespan to include that statement in the song.  As miekko stated, averages aside, poeple have been living to the age of 80 for some time.  Based on the bible, I used to believe that people lived longer before the flood.  As seven77 stated, people were said to live 600-900 years in the pre-flood stories.  How old was Noah?  950?  Thoughout scripture, 12 is the number of God's people.  10 is the number of sufficiency.  Might 120 then be a sufficient number of God's people?

I might also add that while 120 or even 900 years is absurdly, impressively ancient sounding - whether back then, or even now, there are living organisms that make our human lifespans and aging look positively frail. Why didn't God give humans the abiulity to de-age themselves, and start over, like Turritopsis nutricula? Guess he loves those little jellyfish even more... I mean, Pando, the quaking aspen clonal colony saw six milennia pass more than ten times in its lifetime.