Goodbye Jesus

My Wife And I Maybe Splitting Up

Neverlandrut

• Super Moderator

Any further developments, Neverlandrut?

I wish u luck however dont forget to use corinthians where it says through the wife the husband is justified and also the bits where paul does not permit divorce. Only the unbeliever is allowed to do that

Bfuddled u should hook up with neverland rut and be a big athest famil all destined to hell lol

Aye and jesus spoke so much shit about love yet this division is because of him

Aye and jesus spoke so much shit about love yet this division is because of him

ah, but in the NT, we've read that Jesus warned his followers that they'd be separated...wife against husband, mother against daughter, etc...because of him.

because of believing in him, and i remember when i embraced that tenet of faith as a christian. as if this was a good thing, and it meant my love for Jesus was above all things. :/

Things are going good for now. My wife is trying real hard to accept me as I am. We've both realized that a divorce will only compound problems, not solve them. We just wouldn't live under the same roof. That wouldn't solve anything. We are both willing to explore all options in making it work. I think that's a firm foundation. In the end, if it does end, it won't be because we didn't doneverything we could.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

Things are going good for now. My wife is trying real hard to accept me as I am. We've both realized that a divorce will only compound problems, not solve them. We just wouldn't live under the same roof. That wouldn't solve anything. We are both willing to explore all options in making it work. I think that's a firm foundation. In the end, if it does end, it won't be because we didn't doneverything we could.

It's good that you can both see that divorce won't solve anything.  You both might be stretched beyond anything you ever thought possible; but you'll be better people for struggling on than you would if you just gave up.  I wish you the best; this won't be easy.

• Like 1

Please let us know however we can help.

((((hugz)))

NLR, I really feel for you.  I was, and possibly still am going through tough times with my wife. I'm not sure which yet as I don't really hold the keys on that. I just know that for me, if times are tough I have to dig in and make it right.

It sounds like you two really want it to work out and with that attitude and lots of effort it likely will. I'm not sure if you've started counseling yet but I hope it helps.

I wish you the best.

That you both want to make it work suggests that there is foundation under there strong enough to allow your marriage to withstand this particular storm .

It also suggests that your wife sees enough worth in the relationship - and therefore in you - to try to see beyond her religious limitations.

I rather suspect that this will not be easy for either of you, but the signs seem good for now.

I hope this works out.