Goodbye Jesus

Atheism And Depression

directionless

Yeah sounds not too fun. But I can assure you, those kind of doctors are all over. This is why I like clinics because they have more than one doctor and usually are more open to new ideas etc. and don't just stigmatize you.

What I thought was pretty cool in the US is, that you can find doctors and clinics online and you can sign up for appointments online as well. And most have a guest book kinda thing where people can rate and comment on their experience with the clinic or doctor. You can go there and read the comments. That is pretty amazing because it gives you some sort of impression on what to expect. I really miss such thing here. When I have to find a new doctor because I moved or when I moved back to the village I grew up have found out my doctor specialized and is not a general practitioner anymore I need to find another one who has the capacity to take new patients and if so just go and see what he is like. I have seen the weirdest places and doctors...and this is why I hesitate to go to a new one...

So I think you really can do good research and find one who takes you serious without having to go from one to another to find out first. And even if you go to one and feel funny, what's the big deal. Just stop going. That's what I do. And I listen around to see if someone can suggest someone to me. Of course not when it comes to psychiatrists because I don't want people to think I am crazy. People don't understand psychological problems the way they should be seen. And so I keep that to myself and those I trust.

Yeah sounds not too fun. But I can assure you, those kind of doctors are all over. This is why I like clinics because they have more than one doctor and usually are more open to new ideas etc. and don't just stigmatize you.

What I thought was pretty cool in the US is, that you can find doctors and clinics online and you can sign up for appointments online as well. And most have a guest book kinda thing where people can rate and comment on their experience with the clinic or doctor. You can go there and read the comments. That is pretty amazing because it gives you some sort of impression on what to expect. I really miss such thing here. When I have to find a new doctor because I moved or when I moved back to the village I grew up have found out my doctor specialized and is not a general practitioner anymore I need to find another one who has the capacity to take new patients and if so just go and see what he is like. I have seen the weirdest places and doctors...and this is why I hesitate to go to a new one...

So I think you really can do good research and find one who takes you serious without having to go from one to another to find out first. And even if you go to one and feel funny, what's the big deal. Just stop going. That's what I do. And I listen around to see if someone can suggest someone to me. Of course not when it comes to psychiatrists because I don't want people to think I am crazy. People don't understand psychological problems the way they should be seen. And so I keep that to myself and those I trust.

Thanks, I didn't realize the internet has reviews of doctors. My previous cat had chronic problems and I tried 5 or 6 different vets but she kept getting sicker. Finally I went to a cat forum and somebody suggested checking the American Association of Feline Practitioners (http://www.catvets.com/). There were no AAFP vets in my town, but I found one about an hour away. That vet was much better than any other vet I have used. The way he examined my cat and performed tests was completely different. He got those problems under control and my cat lived another 10 years. I don't know if his certification with AAFP made the difference, but he was a good vet.

So I suspect the same is true of doctors. I am not very computer literate compared to most people, but I will try your advice when I try therapy next time. smile.png