Goodbye Jesus

Old, Possibly Technicolor Film, With Long Marches And Human Sacrifice Scene?

M4rio

I have these horrible childhood memories of seeing some film on TV probably around 1981 or so when I was 4 about long marches in the desert and recall a scene where babies or maybe just human adults were being thrown into a fire pit, possibly a volcano. I vaguely recall it being a religious film, but I'm really not sure. In any case, I didn't grow up religious, and the scenes were very frightening at the time.

Does anyone recall such a film or scene?

Thanks

yes, but i can't remember which movie it was.. there was a sacrifice to 'molech'  children being dropped into a sacrificial pit with a fire.

If I remember I will post it here.

• Like 1

was there anything like that in Temple of Doom?

Maybe

Maybe

Yeah while that may be, it definitely wasn't that. It was definitely on TV and it was very strange to me at the time.

I think I remember what it was. There was something about stabbing some kid in the stomach on an altar, right? Scared the shittles out of me at the time.

I think I remember what it was. There was something about stabbing some kid in the stomach on an altar, right? Scared the shittles out of me at the time.

Possibly. I don't remember many details, I just kind of remember a purplish dark sky (probably because of a thunder god?) a sparse desert like scene and maybe chariots and chanting up to like a fire pit or volcano and a lot of music that was appropriately foreboding, but kind of intriguing too.