Goodbye Jesus

Atheist Art And Stories

Roan7995

I guess I'm trying to gauge the interest level for such a thing. The truth is, for the past few years I have been writing stories and illustrating them. They're set in a medieval sort of world where the people are fighting with cognitive dissonance concerning the myths and lies  of their age. There's a pinch of political intrigue, and a little blasphemy. There are complicated relationships that fall outside the normal bounds of what society approves of. The world is harsh and deception is everywhere. My heroes are the characters who struggle to illuminate their situations, the people who slowly, painfully acquire a better understanding of their world. Some of my antagonists are priests, nobles who protect their inflated egoes with myths, and even nature itself--which reveals itself to be as cruel as one might expect in a godless world.

You can have a look at some of my art on my website, and two of my books can be bought there if you find they suit your tastes.

http://www.roancarter.com

I have a third book in the works, and I've attached an illustration from it. I  just thought I would make this post and gauge how people feel about it.

post-4655-0-80289000-1405982475_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I really like your style. Very interesting.