Goodbye Jesus

I Believe God Is Planning To Attack Me In The Future

rach

I am getting indications that god has doomed me and that god is planning a violent attack of me in the future.  Here are the indications:

1.  God is a sadist.  That much is clear from observing the world we live in

2.  I'm an easy target

3.  I have become something of a "missionary" against god.  I have pissed him off.  I have learnt too much about his character traits such as sadism and I warn other people about him.  Discouraging believers from continuing with the faith.  I have royally pissed him off by rejecting his religion and rejecting his love.  I no longer pray to him. 

4.  Having dream visions of myself at the center of a violent attack by a man with a gun.  The frightening thing is that a-mum has herself had a matching dream-vision of the same event and I did not tell her about mine.  In her dream-vision, she was trying to hide me away from the man.  She was upset enough about the vision to tell me about it, that's how I know about it.  To make matters worse, after this occurs we ended up seeing a TV episode in which the events portrayed closely mirrored our dream vision.  We almost never watch tv programmes together but this time we were watching there together.  I had a very eerie feeling watching that as if I were looking into the future.  It is not good.  Perhaps god is indicating an attack to come. 

5.  Tonight a cat ran out at me and hissed at me angrily for no reason.  This could be a bad indicator from the spirit world of an suprise attack to come upon me in the future.  After doing the hissing, the cat became friendly again

At the end of the day, every human will die and our universe will eventually go out with a pitiful whimper. Many folks will die an absolutely miserable death, some will be children that die from preventable illness. There are startling images of entire galaxies haemorrhaging to death out in the cosmos. If there is a god, rest assured he pretty much has it out for everybody and everything, so I wouldn't take it personally. After all, if he's out snuffing entire galaxies like a boss, rest assured your existence or anybody else's existence is so incredibly negligible to god, there is no need to believe he's taking anything you say or do personally.

• Like 2

There is no god, don't worry. What isn't there can't hurt you. Much like childhood with monsters in the closet.

• Like 1

if god wanted to kill you, you would be dead. is what comes to my mind. nightmares suck. they happen to all of us. but i feel that if god wanted to point out something to you, i feel he'd do it while you're wide awake. and your anxiety is what could cause these dreams

• Super Moderator

Maintaining a belief in gods, spirits and omens unnecessarily complicates one's life. You will always see either boogeymen or hope, depending on your mood at the time. Reading one of the many books available on the subject of critical thinking might help bring things into perspective and relieve needless worry. Both pleasant and unpleasant things will happen to all of us, startled cats notwithstanding. I hope you find relief from your concerns.

God can't hurt you if you have a car.  It says so in the Bible.  God's magic doesn't work when iron chariots are around.

If your phobia is serious then perhaps you should talk to a professional about it.  Phobias are not logical.  That is what makes them phobias.  Bad things will happen in your life.  They are not attacks from God, bad things happen.  Good things will happen in your life too.  There is no spiritual meaning to any of it.  Good and bad things happen.

• Like 2

Oh wow, so much fear. I hope you can find some peace again. And no, God will not attack you personally. Just forget about him and you will find out that nothing will happen. Dreams can evolve from fear and that your mom had a similar dream can be either coincidence or you have had some experience together or watched a movie or listened to the news or read something in the paper or read the same book. It happens. Nothing to worry about or draw any conclusion.

It's not dying that I am afraid of.  In my point of view, dying brings peace and tranquility.  But it is torture that I live in fear of.  I know that if there is a god of this world, it is a sadist, and it amuses itself by targeting and torturing individuals.  I believe that the real reason behind the existence of this earth is so that the gods would have a playing ground for inflicting torture.  I don't get paranoid about "out there" stuff like mark of the best but it is the fact that psychopaths and that sort do exist and no one can be safe from them.  And in my POV god is operating the psychopaths as if this were all a video game. 

if you are a muslim and living in iraq,,,,,, god's name is obama and is sending his drone,,,,,,,

no worries,,,, if god is the bibilical god, he probably be devising a real complex plan to attack you that he send his bastard son again and messed it up again

The Bible, and particularly the OT, does not reflect god (if there is one). Rather, it reflects the mindset of a Bronze Age culture. Life was cruel then and a culture who portrayed its god as more cruel than other cultural deities of the time were trying to scare off their enemies by portraying their god as one who would reap terrible vengeance. Recall what this god supposedly did to the first born of Egypt? That's right, killed them all without mercy but supposedly delivered the Hebrews through this terribly cruel retribution. It is all a result of a culture and not a real god.

That culture is gone and so is it's cultural deity. All that is left is a false religion. That god cannot harm you because it does not exist (and it never did harm the ancient Egyptians, either).

Your fears are making you paranoid. Nothing is out to get you. Relax, read some Bible debunking, watch some atheist videos on youtube.

• Like 1

it is the fact that psychopaths and that sort do exist and no one can be safe from them.  

Yes psychopaths do exist but I disagree with your view about no one being safe from them.  As long as you don't date one or let one into your house, you will be ok.  I get that you are feeling very afraid... could this be severe anxiety?  Anxiety disorders are treatable.  Have you discussed this with your doctor or a therapist?

I believe that the real reason behind the existence of this earth is so that the gods would have a playing ground for inflicting torture. 

Normally I don't care what other people believe as long as they don't hurt anybody but maybe this belief you have is hurting you.  Dispelling my beliefs in spiritual things killed many of the paralyzing phobias I use to have.  Now in my experience getting rid of a closely held belief isn't something we have direct control over so I don't think it is easy.  I want you to be aware of it and thinking about it so that if you find a way to ditch your belief you can feel encouraged.

Like Rank Stranger said, the xtian god is a product of the time that created him, and your fears show just how effective its staying power can be, even in this day and age. The xtian god is nothing new, they copied from religions that predated him by thousands of years. Mithra and Horus, among many others, were all very real to the people who worshipped them, and nobody gives them a second thought anymore. You don't fear the wrath of Osiris or Allah, do you? 

Any deity that tortures people for not following a bunch of arbitrary rules that can change on a whim is not a deity that deserves another minute of your time. The xtian god is nothing but a lifelong empty threat, and the culture created around it is toxic. Try replacing "god" with "my boyfriend Steve", and you'll see. Love is not something you do out of fear, which is the way of it with the xtian god. That's coercion. Love is a universal truth that xtianity has appropriated and distorted. 

You'll be ok. Once you see it for what it is, the xtian god can't hurt you anymore. Laying these old fears isn't easy, hell, I think about my old fears from time to time, but it's doable. You got this.

It's not dying that I am afraid of.  In my point of view, dying brings peace and tranquility.  But it is torture that I live in fear of.  I know that if there is a god of this world, it is a sadist, and it amuses itself by targeting and torturing individuals.  I believe that the real reason behind the existence of this earth is so that the gods would have a playing ground for inflicting torture.  I don't get paranoid about "out there" stuff like mark of the best but it is the fact that psychopaths and that sort do exist and no one can be safe from them.  And in my POV god is operating the psychopaths as if this were all a video game.

I'm not sure why we should believe any all powerful god would make an unremarkable, backwoods planet in an unremarkable galaxy a personal playground. As I stated earlier, we can see entire galaxies being destroyed without any evidence of a god caring about said galaxies. All the pain, suffering and torture on this planet doesn't appear to be anything personal in the context of a god. Good people suffer and bad people live in luxury. The inverse of this is also true. Regarding psychopathy, there are biological and psychological frameworks that help explain what is going on. However, many of us have never had it better. If you are interfacing on this forum you have access to technology and power that was a pipe dream a few decades ago. If you are typing, you are literate in a written language, something that was considered exceptionally rare in years past. Humans are living longer and more fulfilling lives today than could have ever been imagined by our ancestors. It may seem like a god like intelligence is playing with us when you take an exceptionally provincial look at the universe. Expanding out to a bigger picture really points to a probabilistic and uncaring universe that runs according to a few principles and several constants. Maybe there is something behind it all but I'm under no obligation to believe without significant evidence.

You know, if there was a God and he was a psychopath, it would not really matter if you care about him or not...because even if you cared for him he would find pleasure in torturing you if he felt like it. Or maybe he would even find more pleasure that way because he established a relationship and it is more fun to torture someone you know then someone who isn't giving a shit...So you are better off not to care about such a God anyways...AND. THERE IS NO SUCH GOD!

When I was having psychosis things seemed that way. Apparently there is a gray area between real experience and hallucinatory experience where it is hard to know if it actually happened or maybe it happened differently than how it seemed. If you see something impossible then that is obviously a hallucination, but sometimes you see ordinary people that you know acting weird.

(1) You might ask your mother to verify her version. In one case, I asked my mother about some weird things I remember her doing and she didn't remember. That was a shock to me, because it seemed so real.

(2) You might try to reconstruct a chronology of normal events before and after the weird events to see if there is anything fishy.

(3) Worry makes psychosis worse. The doctors often give tranquilizers at first to treat psychosis. So maybe you can find some natural tranquilizers like watching fanny movies, spending time with friends, go for a hike, or something? Also, if you go to a doctor maybe they can prescribe a medication?

In the long term you need to kill God before he kills you. smile.png In other words, you need to be an atheist. Spirituality might be interesting and fun for some people, but if you have any kind of mental illness then you probably need to stay away from it IMO. Of course I understand that you believe what you believe. I sometimes believe in God too.

Sounds like it is time to prepare for WAR!

ironman_cat_by_mikimagpoid-d5pmxpq.jpg

Personally I'm planning to attack god in the future.

• Like 2

It's easy to be fearful like you are rach, because Christianity is a breeder of fear. Without fear at its base, it would fail to exist. (all of the Abrahamic religions, actually)

If you are welling up with fear when thinking about a god, there is a cure. Work on detoxing yourself from Christianity's concepts, and all of its lies. Eventually, you will become less fearful and more reliant on reality. In the meantime, please accept my faraway hug!

Prometheus was conquered by a god after engaging in combat.  However, he won never-ending glory, honor, and renown in that field of combat.  It seems like a pretty good result and I would trade places with him.  Humanity will never forget the name of the hero Prometheus.

image455.jpg

I am getting indications that god has doomed me and that god is planning a violent attack of me in the future.  Here are the indications:

1.  God is a sadist.  That much is clear from observing the world we live in

2.  I'm an easy target

3.  I have become something of a "missionary" against god.  I have pissed him off.  I have learnt too much about his character traits such as sadism and I warn other people about him.  Discouraging believers from continuing with the faith.  I have royally pissed him off by rejecting his religion and rejecting his love.  I no longer pray to him. 

4.  Having dream visions of myself at the center of a violent attack by a man with a gun.  The frightening thing is that a-mum has herself had a matching dream-vision of the same event and I did not tell her about mine.  In her dream-vision, she was trying to hide me away from the man.  She was upset enough about the vision to tell me about it, that's how I know about it.  To make matters worse, after this occurs we ended up seeing a TV episode in which the events portrayed closely mirrored our dream vision.  We almost never watch tv programmes together but this time we were watching there together.  I had a very eerie feeling watching that as if I were looking into the future.  It is not good.  Perhaps god is indicating an attack to come. 

5.  Tonight a cat ran out at me and hissed at me angrily for no reason.  This could be a bad indicator from the spirit world of an suprise attack to come upon me in the future.  After doing the hissing, the cat became friendly again

Sounds like you have a fear and are attributing coincidences to it. The fear will become as powerful (and annoying) as you let it. So don't let it. You had a dream of being attacked by a man with a gun? Is that the best this fear can do? Run the scenario through your head when you are consciously awake and when he points the gun at you, melt the gun with your laser vision. Or stop the bullets in mid air and laugh him into oblivion. Open your mouth and pour forth your flames like a fricken flame thrower, incinerating this man, turning him to ashes. Laugh like a maniac at this fear's feeble attempt to control you. Laughter is a powerful banishment. Be creative. Be vicious. Take your rightful place on the throne of your own being. And have a nice day. :-)

• Like 1

Spirituality is a deeply ingrained aspect of my life.  I cannot simply divorce myself from it.  Although I was raised outside of my culture, the people of my culture are a spiritual people and do not tend to see the world in a purely physical sense.  By virtue of being born to a particular race I do have a very strong spiritual sense of the world.  I guess what I am trying to say is that my spiritual sense of perception was inherited from my natural parents who inherited theirs from their parents and their parents before them. This spiritual sense is not fine-tuned in me of course because I was raised in the white culture so what I am left with is a conglomeration of ideas about the nature of life.  You have heard about or maybe seen in silly movies about native people having visions.  This occurs even in modern times.  My adoptive family sees the world in a completely different way. Even though they are extremely religious Christians their sense of the world is purely physical and they do not perceive the spiritual. 

For instance the psychopaths which I am afraid of.  You might say that genetics + environment made them what they are.  This is true and I agree with that.  But there is another level also behind that, in my POV, in which a god or spirit being inflicted those particular circumstances deliberately to create that psychopath (deliberately).  Also, in my POV, the gods or spirit beings manipulate and direct the victims to ensure that they will fall into their hands.  I have tried to see the world in a purely physical sense, but for me this is impossible. 

• Super Moderator
Also, in my POV, the gods or spirit beings manipulate and direct the victims to ensure that they will fall into their hands.  I have tried to see the world in a purely physical sense, but for me this is impossible.

I understand the prevailing mindset of the culture; my culture and family caused me to accept Christianity as the default position without question. When I studied and looked for evidence that it was really true and not just a cultural belief, I found it totally lacking. I suggest looking for evidence that a world manipulated by spirits is in fact reality. Again, learn critical thinking and apply it to your current beliefs. Prove it is fact, not fantasy. Demonstrate there is more to it than psychology and confirmation bias. I submit it is a false belief and it is doing you harm. Don't just tell me it's what your ancestors believed and therefore you're stuck with it. Prove me wrong.

Rach

Have you looked at your adoption history? Have you tried to understand where you come from and how the adoption has impacted your life?

I am adopted too. I know our stories might be diametral different but there are some elements in common. Even if you would have been worse off if no one would have adopted you, there is trauma. Depending on what age your adoption took place this can be complex (like for example neglect over a longer period of time) or more simple (like the fact your biological mom abandoned you even if she had reasons that are good and understandable). Now comes religion to it...

Maybe it would be a good idea to look at this with a therapist who has experience in the field of adoption and trauma.

I can understand the feeling of being so much different from my family. When I am with them I feel like it is my family but somehow I still don't feel like I fully belong to them. The same thing with my birth mom. This tells me that there are elements of culture that form our sense of belonging but also the fact that you come from someone physically. Then I think people who have been parted from their blood relatives are more sensitive because the trauma they already went through in early childhood.

I sometimes feel as if I was not really me. Like I am a different person inside then I am outside. And I often feel a numbness. I started to observe myself and discovered how I often dissociate. Means my mind goes just somewhere and I stare into the room feeling void until my mind comes back. This happens in all kinds of situations. When I am with people I am more aware of it because I lose the conversation and have to admit I did not listen to them when they tell me a story and ask me a question about it. So this can feel as if there is someone trying to torture you. Or whatever. Sometimes when someone hurts me my feelings take over and I feel like there is another being inside me. But it is not. It is just an emotional flashback that happens subconsciously in my brain and goes to a traumatic situation of my childhood.

Our brains are awesome...but they can also do a lot of weird things to us and make it appear as spiritual experiences.

Now of course if you want to hold on to believing in God that is your right.

Maybe if there is no way of letting go of it, you might read some books that give you a more positive picture of a God. There are some books like this out there and one that I have read when I left the Church helped me a lot on my journey to where I am now. It is called: He Loves Me, by Wane Jacobsen. There is no need to believe in a tyrant God. Especially if your mental health is at stake.