Goodbye Jesus

Creative Counter-Protest Outside Abortion Clinic

FreeThinkerNZ

In late June, the Supreme Court rejected a law, enacted in 2007, that required 35-foot buffer zones around abortion clinics in Massachusetts. This law was intended to help minimize episodes of violence and harassment against women and families entering clinics, but the Supreme Court decided it violated the First Amendment.

While some pro-life advocates will continue to resort to violence and hate to get their message across, other protesters have more subtle techniques. One Raleigh, N.C., couple—Grayson Haver Currin, a writer for Pitchfork and music editor at Indy Week, and his wife Tina, a copywriter and creative strategist—has been protesting alongside pro-lifers at a clinic in Cary, N.C., every Saturday morning since March. But their signs take a different approach.

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/saturday-chores-tumblr-tina-grayson-currin/

Classy tactics. I am fond of that sign that said "Bring back Crystal Pepsi." "Weird hobby" was another good sign.

If it were me, I'd go there with signs upon which Bible verses where the god of the Bible commanded babies to be murdered by the sword were written on there. I'd have verses about smashing children against rocks and all that fun stuff on there. I'd be interested in seeing the reaction of the pro-lifers who are protesting about the very things their own god did or commanded in the Bible.

Another possibility would be to reveal the legitimate reasons that people might get an abortion, so that some of the pro-lifers might stop and think for a moment about how they don't know the circumstances under which abortions are taking place. Most of them don't care about circumstances, but it might be a good idea. 

Reminds me of this cool dude:

schiavo_protesters_2005.jpg

Counter-protest.jpg

Or

homosexu.jpg

Or

god_loves_fags.jpg

None of these have to do with abortion counter protest, but I think they're good for a laugh.