Goodbye Jesus

How Many Are Going To Heaven?

zuker12

I discussed this with a friend (unbeliever) yesterday.

It made me thinking, how many are actually going to heaven according to the Bible? Is it just the 144000 as purported in Revelation or is it more than that? I do know that more people are going to go to hell than heaven ("narrow is the path that leadeth to life")

Any opinions?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Everyone can have an opinion, nobody can have a definitive answer; the Bible makes sure of that. Me, I don't even have an opinion since I don't care.

Since heaven doesn't exist no one is going there.

• Like 2

According to the 'Babble'...all who call on the name of the lord will be saved....I've said all hundred of them......here's hoping one of  those names  gets me there...up beyond the clouds in the sky....

I think it needs to be the sons' name, which we all know to be jesus.....

The sky-party will be lame. Just a bunch of people praising His Holeyness for all eternity.

I don't think that there is a set number of souls that are going to hay-vuhn. I think it's kinda like that "how many angels can dance on a head of a pin" thing. Irrelevant until/unless it is proven that we have souls.

• Super Moderator

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans chapter 10

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;  Matthew chapter 7

According to the bible, ALL who call on the lord shall be saved and also NOT ALL who call upon the lord shall be saved.  I guess the answer to your question is: Take your pick.

• Like 2

well fk, we were thinking if there's only 144000 heavenly seats available what's the point of being religious? You're probably going to hell anyway. Many people have outdone you already as believers.

It made me thinking, how many are actually going to heaven according to the Bible? Is it just the 144000 as purported in Revelation or is it more than that? I do know that more people are going to go to hell than heaven ("narrow is the path that leadeth to life")

Any opinions?

Fiction is fiction.

Any opinions?

According to the bible?     Well, that makes the question nearly impossible to answer.  You may as well just make something up. ;)

The 144,000 are god's slaves that get marked out (just like those who take the mark of the beast) and they fight a few chapters later.  Immediately after they get marked there is a giant crowd of souls in heaven that have just been through a slaughter.  They're told they're on easy street.  They get to work in the sky temple.  But at the end of the book the judgment happens and the gods all come to Earth to live in Jerusalem.  A Jerusalem that doesn't have a temple because they serve as the temple.  And the story ends with Earth being the living place for the gods forever.  So are these people all stuck in some defunct sky temple?  Did they just go there for quick visit?  Did the author(s) not have a coherent storyline planned out?  Who knows?

The point of all this is that the Revelation says heaven is coming to earth.  So even if, according to the bible, everyone goes to heaven then all those people are coming right back to earth so they can be with their gods or they are staying in heaven just for the sake of being in heaven but no gods will be there so what's the point?  Heaven is supposedly where the god is from what I understand.  So everyone goes to heaven, or some, or none.  Depends on how you define it but I say none, strictly speaking.

mwc

• Like 1

I'm such a sweetheart I already gave up my seat so someone else can go. Go me!

• Like 4

Is this a sign up sheet for a bus trip?

Or are we supposed to guess the number of seats on the bus?

Can I drive?  I used to drive a tour bus.  Jesus will help me load the luggage.

• Like 1

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well judging by the people who are absolutely sure they are going there, I don't think I want to anyway.

• Like 1

I'd say there are far more women in Heaven than men.  Overall, there are more male thefts, murders, rapes, fornication, cheating, and supposedly from what I saw on the news, women are more spiritual.

But if those men all ask jeebuz to forgive them, then they get a free ticket.

who's post generated that response?

I think it's obvious that he's answering the original question, "How Many Are Going To Heaven?" Nobody's going to heaven because it's all a myth.

I'd say there are far more women in Heaven than men.  Overall, there are more male thefts, murders, rapes, fornication, cheating, and supposedly from what I saw on the news, women are more spiritual.

Silly! It doesn't matter what you do -- just what you believe in the split-second before you die.

I guarantee you I won't be there zDuivel7.gif

The indication of the Bible is "not many".  The "narrow way" and all of that.  In the context of the millions of humans who have ever been born, "not many" could still be an innumerable amount of people.  However, the Bible's view seems to be that most people do go to hell.  I am forever shocked that Christians believe this and yet continue to produce children.  According to their holy word, their children are likely to spend forever burning after a short jaunt on earth.  And I am supposed to want to spend an eternity or even a day with people who would risk their own children burning forever?

Any opinions?

When the Son of Man returns will he find faith upon the Earth?  Luke 18:8

Back when the New Testament was written Christian sects were unpopular.  So they had to see themselves as the few who were going to get the reward.  They didn't care if that painted God as a contradiction.  They had to get followers to keep their cult alive and this was the way that worked.

So God loves the whole world and desires all be saved.  But the serpent was so crafty that with just one conversation the serpent could undo God's whole perfect plan.  And then God tries to do damage control by sacrificing himself to himself to atone for his own rules so that God might be able to forgive and the best God can do now will result in only a few being saved.  That is one crafty serpent.  It's embarrassing how easily God was out maneuvered.  It makes God look ignorant and incompetent.

But the Bible is clear, only a few will make it to heaven.  Back when I was a fundie I honestly believed that most of the people who called themselves Christian, and even more than half of the people who sat in my own church were not real Christians.  They were not on fire enough.  They had too much sin in their lives.  They didn't trust God enough.  They loved money or the world too much.  But not me.  I was one of the few who was really real about my imaginary friend.

• Like 2