Goodbye Jesus

Rfid

Kushne

I am still scared of things because my friend keeps showing me things on the internet about the end times. She said that we might all have to get RFID tattoos to prove who we are. Is this true? Will we have to get them on our hands and foreheads? She showed me a site where a company (Somark) makes this kind of stuff and even said it could go on humans. I think there are other companies that are doing this too. I made me really scared.

No, it's not true.  The end times were 30 years ago.  Jesus was suppose to come back during my grandparent's life.  Jesus is as real as the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.  They never come when they are suppose to come.

There's lots of fear-mongering on the internet. You can find a ton of sites that make bogus claims about technology. It's not going to happen, you can relax. When the US Social Security cards were started, there were those who said that was the mark of the beast. It's always something.

• Like 1

I think we will wait until no one suspects anything, aka everyone is some sort of mind slave to the system. I'd not get chipped for basic understanding of my human worth and being.

I was fearful of these things too when I was a believer. I think they are just connecting isolated dots together that don't belong there in the first place.

Besides, when something really goes south and christians start getting killed, you know you might still have time to refuse. Aren't the 2 witnesses in Revelation supposed to warn people about the Beast? (Okay I haven't read Revelation in a long time). Of course keeping sinning until that point just might rule you out from being saved. The thing is, since we just CAN NOT know, all we can do is flail our arms around knowing that no other end-times shit had ever happened and we've been duped so many times. People have been losing their minds over this shit. People threatened killing their babies when those "Illuminati exposers" like John Todd came around. Is it your fault for having an informed opinion amongst hordes of (good-intentioned) christian con-men?

I am still scared of things because my friend keeps showing me things on the internet about the end times.

you need new friends

• Like 1

Guest ninurta

Correct me if I'm wrong, but RFID chips are what they're using as a security measure to keep electronic merchandise from being stolen, right? They also have them in some state issued ID cards which allow you to pass through the mexican and canadian borders without a passport.

My friends are all religious and love the end times.  I haven't been going to church, so they are trying to scare me back.  What do you think about all the new technology that is out in the world right now.  They all say it is the devil trying to lure us to take his mark.  I agree about the witnesses-- and I think that you have to have a beast before you can have a mark.   So--if microchips or tattoos come out for people to use, but there isn't anyone trying to be a god, does this mean this is not the mark?  Doesn't everyone have to worship the beast and take his mark as a sign of obedience?  This has scared me so bad.  I don't want to put anything in my right hand or forehead. 

My friends are all religious and love the end times. I haven't been going to church, so they are trying to scare me back. What do you think about all the new technology that is out in the world right now. They all say it is the devil trying to lure us to take his mark. I agree about the witnesses-- and I think that you have to have a beast before you can have a mark. So--if microchips or tattoos come out for people to use, but there isn't anyone trying to be a god, does this mean this is not the mark? Doesn't everyone have to worship the beast and take his mark as a sign of obedience? This has scared me so bad. I don't want to put anything in my right hand or forehead.

Nothing that comes out now has anything to do with Revelation 13 since that whole book had to do with the time period of 65 C.E.

But let's go with a modern day application of those verses for the sake of this discussion.

The beast must first show up. Then he/she must have some kind of life threatening injury and survive. The whole world must follow the beast. The dragon (Satan?) must be worshipped because of the beast. The Beast must also be worshipped. The beast must blaspheme God and exercise it's authority for 42 months. The beast must be given authority over all people on earth and exercise that authority. The beast must wage war against God's holy people (Christians or maybe Jews?). Then there must be a second beast... And on and on it goes in Revelation 13 before there is any kind of mark that has any meaning (and I steadfastly maintain it has no modern day meaning since Revelation only applies to 65 C.E.).

In other words, even if we accept that Revelation 13 applies to our modern times (which I do not), there are many, many things that must happen before the use of RFIDs, if their use is required by law, could even remotely be applicable to end-times.

I'm still waiting for the end also. It was supposed to be in 2000 & 2012. Jesus basically keeps no showing.

My friends are all religious and love the end times.  I haven't been going to church, so they are trying to scare me back.  What do you think about all the new technology that is out in the world right now.  They all say it is the devil trying to lure us to take his mark.  I agree about the witnesses-- and I think that you have to have a beast before you can have a mark.   So--if microchips or tattoos come out for people to use, but there isn't anyone trying to be a god, does this mean this is not the mark?  Doesn't everyone have to worship the beast and take his mark as a sign of obedience?  This has scared me so bad.  I don't want to put anything in my right hand or forehead. 

There is no mark because it is all bullshit!!  There is no devil and there will be no golden jerusalem coming out of the clouds!!

Orbit was right when mentioning the Social Security Cards being thought of as the mark.  Are you afraid because you have a SS number?  Why not?  85+ years ago THAT was the mark of the beast.  In the early 80's it was bar codes that was the mark, now it is RFID.  It is always  something.

Virtually every generation since the death of Christ has claimed that the end of the world was imminent, Don't buy into that  

foolishness.  Get inform,ed here and in self education about biblical history and Xtian history which will show clearly that it is all a myth.

You came to the right place, Check out the books, and videos, etc on this site for a good start at self education. It's an interesting journey.   bill

I am still scared of things because my friend keeps showing me things on the internet about the end times. She said that we might all have to get RFID tattoos to prove who we are. Is this true? Will we have to get them on our hands and foreheads? She showed me a site where a company (Somark) makes this kind of stuff and even said it could go on humans. I think there are other companies that are doing this too. I made me really scared.

I know at least 10 people personally that have enough guns to arm a city. No joke. One family I know has at least 1500 guns in their basement. They are collectors but they do all work.

they would kill every last person that came to try and tag them. they are not alone and personally I would rather revolt than let anyone tag my ass. I am a pacifist but for this I would fight like a badger.

Don't worry to much about it if you are in America there are enough armed idealists who would never let their person be infringed like this to the point of starting a civil war if they had to.

I know at least 10 people personally that have enough guns to arm a city. No joke. One family I know has at least 1500 guns in their basement. They are collectors but they do all work.

they would kill every last person that came to try and tag them. they are not alone and personally I would rather revolt than let anyone tag my ass. I am a pacifist but for this I would fight like a badger.

Don't worry to much about it if you are in America there are enough armed idealists who would never let their person be infringed like this to the point of starting a civil war if they had to.

Lol, there would be no civil war.  A personal arsenal is nothing compared to what the government has.  1500 guns can't do shit against tanks and missiles, helicopters, jets, etc.  It would just be another Waco.  Standing up to the government is nothing more than a militia mans wet dream...

If the government wants to do something, it will be done.  People will die, but the government will still get its way...

If there are any positives about all the end times bullshit, it's that a significant number of people will blow a gasket if the government ever asks us to implant electronic IDs. 

If there are any positives about all the end times bullshit, it's that a significant number of people will blow a gasket if the government ever asks us to implant electronic IDs.

The government already knows enough by tracking ID cards, cellphones, automobiles, and retail products. Someday there will be the "smart grid." Chips in humans would be redundant and unnecessary. However, I have heard that some military personnel are chipped, and animals are also. I wouldn't be surprised that some parents may buy into the idea to have their children chipped for safety measures. But yeah, I hope you're right that enough people would resist in order to prevent it from happening to the general public.

Agree.  I think smart phones make putting a chip in a human almost superfluous.  But I can still drop it in the toilet, or forget it at home, or any number of things that would make chipping me the better option.

Still, I think humans will be chipped one day, but I believe it is quite a ways off.  Like Vigile said, people would have a fit at this moment in time, but I can see 75 or 100 years from now people not caring as much...

...What do you think about all the new technology that is out in the world right now...

The prophecy is some 2,000 years old. Back then, why didn't people immediately call bullshit on this Sign Of The BEEEEEAST™ crap? Because it's perfectly possible to implement such a mark with the low tech of the time. Back then it would have been a tattoo, now it would be RFID if we are to believe the nutjobs, who knows what it will be tomorrow when the world annoyingly still hasn't ended and jebus annoyingly still hasn't returned? We'll see in due time.

...if microchips or tattoos come out for people to use...

There you said it yourself. See? It's always Some New Technology That I don't Understand™ that is The Mark™. It's just like people have condemned radio, TV, video, rock music, whathave you, of messing with the youngsters' minds when each of it was young and new. It's just like they now blame "killer (PC) games" of corruping kids' minds. The pattern repeats endlessly.

You're suffering from residual brainwashing. The crap that was pumped into your mind for years won't go away overnight just because you want it to. Your poor brain has been forced into thinking like that for a long time, deprogramming won't be an instant or near-instant process. Hang on, you can do it - and as others have said already, you got lots of support in here smile.png

The use of implanted RFID seems like an unlikely scenario to me, putting the end of the world scenarios aside completely. I don't see people agreeing to be branded like cattle, marked like a grocery item,scanned every time someone wants to know everything about them.

The use of implanted RFID seems like an unlikely scenario to me, putting the end of the world scenarios aside completely. I don't see people agreeing to be branded like cattle, marked like a grocery item,scanned every time someone wants to know everything about them.

But if you do something to make it convenient for people, I think many would opt in.

For example, putting your credit card information on this chip and having scanners around the doors of every store.  Then those with chips can fill their cart up with products, and simply walk out the door.  The scanners will scan all the items in the cart (all with their own RFID chips) and then charge your account all within the half second it takes you to walk out the door.

Add to it personal health monitoring and it becomes even more enticing.  Getting text or email alerts on developing conditions or current health stats can be helpful to a lot of people.

To me, it is all scary big brother and not appealing at all.  But I can see a good chunk of people getting in line if it's branded the right way...

• Super Moderator

There. Is. No. Fucking. Mark.

The only time I have any feelings about Christianity is when I hate it for what it does to vulnerable people. The enemy is the religion, not some storybook "mark."

Human--- soldiers have been microchipped? So it is really happening?

No, it is not true.

I don't think soldiers are being chipped. It also might not be too smart to chip soldiers as a means of tracking their movements on the battlefield. If the Americans could track the movements of their own soldiers through the use of implanted chips, then so could the enemy track American troop movements if they were to break through whatever security measures were implemented by DOD. The stakes would be so high that every enemy of America would work hard to be able to intercept the chip info from American troops who are implanted with them.

Additionally, if the soldiers' chips contained all his/her info like personnel, medical records and the like, think about what that could mean to American POWs. If the enemy captors are able to access the info on the chip, it would be devastating for the POW and for our country. Think of the info the enemy captors would have.

• Like 1

My friends are all religious and love the end times.  I haven't been going to church, so they are trying to scare me back.  What do you think about all the new technology that is out in the world right now.  

Technology generally makes life better and better.  There is the occasional set back.  But we work out the details and in the long run we improve.  Twenty years from now Jesus will still not have come back.  Your Christian friends will all forget about the predictions they made about today's technology.   But they will use the same fear tactics with whatever technology is freshly invented down the road.  Christians never care how many times they make a false prediction.

They all say it is the devil trying to lure us to take his mark.  I agree about the witnesses-- and I think that you have to have a beast before you can have a mark.   So--if microchips or tattoos come out for people to use, but there isn't anyone trying to be a god, does this mean this is not the mark?  Doesn't everyone have to worship the beast and take his mark as a sign of obedience?  This has scared me so bad.

The Book of Revelation was talking about Nero.   This guy:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero

He died 1,946 years ago.

I don't want to put anything in my right hand or forehead. 

Nor do I because I don't like the way tats look.  You don't have to.  Just relax.  It's all Christian propaganda.  Your pastor wants your money.  That is what this is really about.  Christians are slaves to their pastor.

Doesn't matter if they have been, it has absolutely nothing to do with the bible.

There's been a few threads on this before, with some very good rebuttals in them, so you might want to track those down.

I think there's some confusion about what RFID is, and what would require a tattoo. RFID is short for Radio Frequency Identification. There are two kinds: active and passive. Active RFID contains a radio transmitter, as well as a receiver, so it also necessarily needs a battery or power source. The most obvious example that comes to mind with these are those collars that go on animals scientists track in the wild. The fancy ones can contact GPS data, and log the location. The worst part of that job? Catching the wolverine. Passive RFID is basically a little plastic card that has a radio antenna in it. It must be in range of a radio transmitter in order to have power to transmit a signal. yay. That's the sort of thing you implant in your dog, and it has to be "read" with a wand. The thing is, neither of these can be tattooed.

Bar codes, or serial numbers, however, can be. The catch to all of these, however, is that they take time and effort and money, and are generally outdated by DNA and fingerprint databases. Why even bother to put a serial number on something, when you can just sample the DNA, or get fingerprints, and scan them into a database? So, yeah, if you have to keep track of people, a "mark" of any kind is just simply impractical. The way we DO keep track of people in this day and age is with DNA and fingerprints and computer databases.

I work a lot with both bar codes, and RFID, and databases for both, the thing is, these were invented to keep track of things that are produced in factories and otherwise identical. Humans, you'll note, are not.