Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Favourite Lame Christian Excuses?

Castiel233

Its not an excuse but the following winds me up:

"God has to punish us forever in Hell because we have rejected and turned our backs on Him and pushed Him out, even after He came to Earth to die for our sins"

I call BS on this because I'm not the one playing hide and seek

Hey,

I think the most explosive and Damaging is the argument of the Existance of God

C: God Exists

Me: Prove It

C: You need faith

Me: But if God exists why do I need faith

C: Dont test God

Me: So you cannot prove he exists

• Like 1

God is every where, but we can't see Him, He answers prayers but in ways we don't understand, etc 

Its not an excuse but the following winds me up:

"God has to punish us forever in Hell because we have rejected and turned our backs on Him and pushed Him out, even after He came to Earth to die for our sins"

I call BS on this because I'm not the one playing hide and seek

Looks like an excuse to me. And even if he weren't playing hide-and-seek, this is a textbook case of an abusive relationship.

• Like 1

Every time one gospel (often Matthew) says there were two of something, and another (often Mark) says there was one, that's just because... when there's two, there's one! Ka-ching!

• Like 2

And of course one of their greatest excuses:

Text they like (God word is law and forever)

Text they don't like (Its a metaphor/ only applies for Christians in the 1st century)

Because they are bastards coated bastards with a bastard filling

It bothers me when christians blame bad behavior or difficult situations on satan. No, it wasn't a demon making you act like an immature brat. Now take responsibility for your life and work on your personality!

And I'm pretty sure The Lord of Darkness would have better things to do than screw with your day through minor annoyances.

Edited to add: Satin, on the other hand, is a jerk and will ruin my day every time I have to use it on a project. If you sew, you know how I feel.

Obscure rants are kinda my thing.

I love to embroider but damn the rants that ensue! My hubby just laughs. zDuivel7.gif

Recently I've been reminded of both of these: "Man makes plans and God laughs" and "God always answers prayers, it's just not usually the answer you want."

Hearing them now just makes me feel queasy. I can't believe how much I just blindly believed some of this crap. That when things didn't happen how I wanted, it was some higher power who loves me and knows what's best for me controlling my life. That he is saying: I love you soooo much and I built this wonderful world with all this great stuff in it but when you want a part of it, I say no because I know better. Also, there is a whole other side of the planet suffering in filth, hunger and poverty and I'm just chilling to here letting it happen. Because I know best.

Ugh.

• Like 1

As my ex pastor said over the death of his son that was in the navy..."God is just using his death as an opportunity to make more believers come to the fold."

As my ex pastor said over the death of his son that was in the navy..."God is just using his death as an opportunity to make more believers come to the fold."

This doesn't even make any sense!

This doesn't even make any sense!

lol ikr believers are already in the fold and why refer to as "the fold" if its not a cult. 

the one Im seeing now to address the problem of evil is basically "thats some one elses story, what are you going to do with it in your life". example kids starving in africa ----> you should be moved to serve in africa. or People getting killed ---> you need to be sure that you are sharing the gospel since it may be their last time. Its pretty much "dont worry too much about other people's problems"

Don't you just love it when a Christian interrupts a conversation about something unfortunate in the news and proclaims "This was never a problem until they took prayer out of school"!

• Like 4

The UK has plenty of problems and we have prayer in school and we have enforced worship....... : )

Although we are not allowed guns, perhaps therein lays some explanation of the crime levels in parts of the US

• Like 1

This may have been mentioned before, but the whole "you'll understand after you die" BS gets old very quickly

Recently I've been reminded of both of these: "Man makes plans and God laughs" and "God always answers prayers, it's just not usually the answer you want."

Ugh.

Totally agree, Ugh, indeed..

• 3 weeks later...

To add another Ugh

"Suffering is good as it allows us to grow in Christ"

that man is a real piece of trash that his own son is dead and rather than say "my boy was a hero and he deserves to be remembered for the good person he was" he overshadows his boys contribution by giving it to a fake god.

This makes me sad and I hope if I was dead my father would speak better of me.

The UK has plenty of problems and we have prayer in school and we have enforced worship....... : )

Although we are not allowed guns, perhaps therein lays some explanation of the crime levels in parts of the US

Don't think that a gun is needed to commit crime. If you take all the guns away from those legitimately owning them the only people around that have them are people you government can use to squash you and people that should never have had them in the first place.

i remember when this went down in UK. I also remember hearing the people in my small village where I grew up in the US say this... "over my dead body" and they meant it in every way.

I don't own guns and don't use guns, I still would fight for my right to protect myself as I see fit from domestic issues and surely foreign ones if they land in my lawn and start going red dawn on everyone (the 1980's red dawn not that new POS).

I am glad that it lowered your crime rate... did it?

So, why not read a bible? 

This one drives me crazy

"God sure has a sense of humor huh?" In reference to something you planned or expected going awry.

Example from a recent run in with some Christians. The one had just had a baby (literally hours old at this conversation) and they had chosen to not find out the gender. The mom was convinced the entire pregnancy she was having a girl because 'god told her so' (how is what I want to know. Did he send her a text?) Well she gives birth and low and behold she has a boy. The other girl comments "wow! A boy! I bet you were surprised. God sure has a sense of humor huh?"

Never mind that the poor woman was very upset at that moment trying to wrap her head around what God told her and what God gave her, let's just add insult to injury.

How is that comforting? It's just a reminder that we don't matter to him and he can fuck with us whenever and however he wants.

• Like 1

Here a popular one that is being used as christian evangelical advertising campaign on side of churches round here.They have a banner up on their fence or wall of church that says

'Try praying'

mmmmmn coz of course no non christians have ever tried that in their darkest hour have they?

This little doozy of a convo I had the other day had like 4 lame excuses wrapped up in one long paragraph. But I'll only suffer you with a snippet...  Astounding!

I know who I am and what I'm doing. If I could prove God by science,what would become of Faith & Belief? There is no faith if it adds up it adds up that's a fact. Science is a fact. God is a Fact, that only Belief can prove. If God was science then morals would be no more because it would be fact and it would add up on paper. That's the true gift your agency. Without the science to prove God's existence, the only other way is through belief & faith. Faith without works is dead.

What the hell does that even mean?

This little doozy of a convo I had the other day had like 4 lame excuses wrapped up in one long paragraph. But I'll only suffer you with a snippet... Astounding!

I know who I am and what I'm doing. If I could prove God by science,what would become of Faith & Belief? There is no faith if it adds up it adds up that's a fact. Science is a fact. God is a Fact, that only Belief can prove. If God was science then morals would be no more because it would be fact and it would add up on paper. That's the true gift your agency. Without the science to prove God's existence, the only other way is through belief & faith. Faith without works is dead.

What the hell does that even mean?

I had the same thought. It doesn't make any sense even from a xtian viewpoint

The get out of jail free card of:

"I don't have to obey OT laws as I am living in grace" is another one that pisses me off

Don't you just love it when a Christian interrupts a conversation about something unfortunate in the news and proclaims "This was never a problem until they took prayer out of school"!

I just point out that they didn't take prayer out of school. I prayed a lot in school, and it was no big deal. All that was ended was school sanctioned/forced prayer, and I point out to Christians that that's actually a good thing even from their religious stance, because it shouldn't be the government's responsibility to teach children religion.

If you take all the guns away from those legitimately owning them the only people around that have them are people you government can use to squash you and people that should never have had them in the first place.

I hate to break the news to you, but the government has tanks and fighter jets, so if they really want to squash you, guns wouldn't be much protection.

Every time one gospel (often Matthew) says there were two of something, and another (often Mark) says there was one, that's just because... when there's two, there's one! Ka-ching!

That depends on the wording and the context. Sometimes it's a valid argument, while other times it's not.