Goodbye Jesus

Pray To Your God For Answers

Roz

Very simple.

All of you christians believe that your god is omniscient.  

Pray to him and ask him to reveal all of the answers to all the ex-christian questions. 

Because you claim that your god knows everything, then he must know these:

1.  He knows all the ex-c's who's ever posted a question here.

2.  He knows all of the questions we have in our minds

Once you've prayed to him to reveal all of the answers, request that he magically post in this website with all of the answers that all of us seek.  This way we can verify the veracity of his personalized answers.

For with god, all things are possible, right?

This way we can all unequivocally know that he's definitely a god.  Now we can freely choose to accept him and become christians, or not accept him.  Either way we will know that he's a god.  

Elijah did the same thing on Mr. Carmel, so do it now.  When yeshitwa burned his offering, those people still had the free will to either choose to accept him into their hearts or not.  

This is your Mt. Carmel.  It's a place full of non-believers and former christians.  Are you going to present or not?

Very simple.

Pray to him and ask him to reveal all of the answers to all the ex-christian questions. 

Once you've prayed to him to reveal all of the answers, request that he magically post in this website with all of the answers that all of us seek.  This way we can verify the veracity of his personalized answers.

This way we can all unequivocally know that he's definitely a god.  Now we can freely choose to accept him and become christians, or not accept him.  Either way we will know that he's a god.  

Elijah did the same thing on Mr. Carmel, so do it now.  When yeshitwa burned his offering, those people still had the free will to either choose to accept him into their hearts or not.  

This is your Mt. Carmel.  It's a place full of non-believers and former christians.  Are you going to present or not?

Although not dishonest, a certain flair of disingenuousness appears in this post.

You should address your anger by yourself and perhaps avoid projecting it upon others.

The christians want to say "their god is true."

Ok, let them prove it.  It'll make me stop and I'll freely acknowledge that they're right about their god.

Ok, let them prove it.  It'll make me stop and I'll freely acknowledge that they're right about their god.

Why do you allow your behavior to be controlled by the actions of others, particularly those with whom you disagree?

And, you have yet to address your anger and why you seem to project it against others.

As you have aptly pointed out in the past, lurkers are watching.

yelrotflmao.gif 

When infidels post questions here that is putting God to the test . . . which offends God.

God proves He is real when he helps Christians find their car keys or when God helps African children build character by letting them starve to death.

Why do you allow your behavior to be controlled by the actions of others, particularly those with whom you disagree?

And, you have yet to address your anger and why you seem to project it against others.

As you have aptly pointed out in the past, lurkers are watching.

You know, I thought about your questions while cooking dinner.  I don't think I'm being controlled by others, but maybe that's the case.

My anger with christianity and christians?  I'll try to answer as honestly as I can.  Do I project it?  I can't say, because my opinion's inherently biased.  I won't contest it if you and others say so, because christianity and christians do still make me angry.

As to why?  I guess part of that goes back to when I read how slavery was established by the god of the bible.  It's as if I've been lied to my whole childhood and adult life. 

Yet another part about why I'm angry probably goes to being asked pascal's wager.  What if it's true?  I suppose that the possibility exists that it's true.  But that didn't really address my issues with christianity.  Suppose it's all true, every bit of it.  Would I follow jesus?  Or burn in hell?  This one I asked myself years ago and my answer's still the same as back then.  I'd choose to burn.  Why?  Because I need an explanation of why the bible god would commit the most horrendous of crimes and it better be damn good. 

Am I flawed?  Certainly.  In fact I might need to use another word in that "thank you, IH" thread instead of dishonesty.  I can't think of it right now, but hey if anyone has it feel free to say so.  I just can't take being lied to my face, something that the christians here seem to do a lot.  In hindsight, I guess 1A wasn't dishonest but in my eyes he was immoral for brushing off the atrocities and taking the feel good stuff about christianity at face value. 

And yeah, when I get angry at christians that just claim x or y about christianity and can't back it up, I do tend to be overzealous at making them retract or at least see their bs. 

Thanks for the question SD, I mean that.  No bad blood between us, in fact I kind of prefer it this way. 

Very simple.

That is an interesting idea. I did something similar to this once, and it seemed to work. About 10 years ago, when I was a deeply devout evangelical, I prayed a very sincere prayer asking God to remove from my belief system anything that was not accurate. I anticipated that only 3 to 5% of my belief system might be suspect, at the very most. I expected to come out of this with only minor tweaks in my belief system. Now, a decade or so later, I have had my belief system thoroughly scrubbed, and have less than 5% of my beliefs left, and the remaining ones are no longer firmly held. So, I got what I asked for, just not what I expected - at all!

Hah, well I guess that worked out for you Ed. 

Christians, what's the real reason why you can't do this?  Or that your god can't do this?  I'll scale it back, can you even present proof that there's only 1 single god?  Not even your god, but just 1 single solitary god?

Pray to the 1 god then, and ask that they present themselves to the masses.  Honestly, because the best way to make skeptics believe about one's existence is to expose oneself to the entire world. 

But your god's not going to do that, is he?  Oh right, until the end of the world and by then it's too late. 

How do you serve a god who's on record by his own book to have committed the most barbaric atrocities in all of history?  And whose criteria is "belief and follow him" no matter what?  No matter what horrible acts he's committed, no matter the contradictions in his own word, he expects you to fall in line and 'trust and obey.  For there's no other way.'