Goodbye Jesus

Ironhorse Not Answered Your Questions? Put Them Here For All To See.

bornagainathiest

I have asked IH several times for positive reasons why we should believe in Christ/Christianity. So far IH has mainly stated that he believes, that there are things he doesn't understand, and that a given doctrine or passage can be construed in such a way that it might not be false. Those aren't positive reasons FOR anyone else to make the same faith commitment.

I'm particularly curious about this question too. (If I understand correctly.) IH never gives any testimonials. I want to hear how being a Christian made his life better, made him a better person, or whatever.

I don't think he could answer this honestly because he has no basis for comparison. He was never anything but a christian, having been born as a son of a baptist minister and, therefore, probably going through all the usual childhood indoctrination plus some.

Gall here it is, unfortunatly i wont do it again, it fell flat people were bored to death

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/64012-double-a7-christian-question-avoidance/

But i will take up the offer on grammer class

Lol let me explain I posted a topic just like this mine got ignored hut This OP gets recognized. I created a topic willing to answer questions that Atheist felt other Christians ignored and I was told I was selfish that no one needed any questions to be answered or even mocked. Special treatment brigade in the.house

Your topic wasn't ignored by everyone. In fact, you have been asked questions in that thread. I even asked some a few seconds ago. There was one question put to you that I did not see you answer (you might have answered it, I'm not certain. It's a long thread and I'd rather not read every single post):

1A, how do you feel about your god ordering people just like you (believers) to kill babies?

1 Sam. 15

Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Since you believe that the bible is true, your god commanded this be done.  "Thus saith the lord of hosts."  "slay both man and woman, infant and suckling (that means babies)"

This post can be found in the "Double A7 Christian Question Avoidance" thread; Page 2, post #32.

I think Ironhorse has left us. He has not responded to my question.

According to an earlier of post his, he is here to stay, Human.

Not responding to questions when it suits him seems to be his modus operandi, regardless of his promises.

Sorry 'bout that.  :(

BAA

He hasn't responded to over half of my numerous questions to him, and I'd rather not recap them. I assume he either cannot answer them, or he doesn't see them. I think the former is more likely.

He hasn't responded to over half of my numerous questions to him, and I'd rather not recap them. I assume he either cannot answer them, or he doesn't see them. I think the former is more likely.
He might actually be sincere, and so maybe he feels overwhelmed at the realization that he isn't going to lead anyone (back) to Christ on this site. Like any human being, he has doubts and questions. He may have reached a point where his denial is cracking under the pressure of the cognitive dissonance. He might feel that he's gotten in over his head.

That is a possibility, of course. I was being a bit facetious ????

But i will take up the offer on grammer class

As English isn't my first language it would be a case of the blind leading the blind.

I suggest http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly

Yeah, I grew up in 'Merica.  Whats dis grammer stuff?

It's about time you started making good on your promise to answer ALL the questions put to you, Ironhorse.

Sent Today, 10:27 AM

Ironhorse,

You promised to answer ALL the questions put to you... weeks ago.

Ten days ago I did the hard work for you and compiled a list of these questions.

Since then I've politely requested (three times) that you answer them.

Other members are also patiently waiting on you to answer their questions.

Please honor your promises (as a true Christian would) and answer these questions.
Two other items of info for you.

Besides these outstanding questions, there's an on-going issue between us concerning the role of Christianity in the rise of science, to be settled in the, "No Shit Sherlock" thread.

A copy of this message will shortly be posted in the Lion's Den for all the other members and all the lurkers to see.

Please do what you promised and answer the questions.

Thanks,

BAA.

Is it just me or is Ironhorse posting a lot less than he use to?  

• Like 1

Is it just me or is Ironhorse posting a lot less than he use to?  

I'd be pleased to be proved wrong on this, MM.

But I suspect that IH is simply staying away from the Den in the futile hope that his long-overdue (and promised) answers will be forgotten.

In a parallel universe... maybe, Ironhorse.

In this one... never!

PageofCupsNono.gif

One apologist tactic is to let a good deal of time go by and then come back and post the same shit all over again, as though none of it has been refuted.  I hope our chum Ironhorse will not succumb to that dodge.

I've given IH the benefit of the doubt for a long time. He has officially lost my respect. There are Christians out there who can argue their points honestly, without resorting to non-sense claims about themselves and without responding with pseudo answers, but IH is not one of them.

• Like 1

It looks like Ironhorse has left the building.

• Super Moderator

Ironhorse may be taking a brief hiatus; but I doubt he's done here.  Usually if a christian really feels like they have something to offer, they'll offer it.  When they see it's not accepted, they'll go away.  Ironhorse realizes he has nothing to offer.  Moreover, Ironhorse realizes that we realize that he has nothing to offer (I'm sure many of the lurkers do also).  This is precisely the reason Ironhorse plagues us with copy and paste apologetics and Bob Dylan lyrics.  It is also precisely the reason Ironhorse isn't leaving any time soon, in my opinion.  If you have nothing substantive to offer, you have nothing for people to reject.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Told you.

Ironhorse may be taking a brief hiatus; but I doubt he's done here.  Usually if a christian really feels like they have something to offer, they'll offer it.  When they see it's not accepted, they'll go away.  Ironhorse realizes he has nothing to offer.  Moreover, Ironhorse realizes that we realize that he has nothing to offer (I'm sure many of the lurkers do also).  This is precisely the reason Ironhorse plagues us with copy and paste apologetics and Bob Dylan lyrics.  It is also precisely the reason Ironhorse isn't leaving any time soon, in my opinion.  If you have nothing substantive to offer, you have nothing for people to reject.

He posted on the Sunday Dispatch thread this morning 04:37 am.

(I'm GMT+2 so for most of you that was last night.)

Of course this is just a guess, but I think IH is here for the same reason he operated his Christian coffee shop; maybe he hopes that by mingling with non-Christians and allowing them to see that he is just like everybody else except for being a Christian then he will attract a few of them to Christianity?

In other words, his goal is to be here and be visible as a subtle form of advertising for Christianity. What he says is not as important as simply saying something to keep himself visible.

He actually reminds me of the phone calls I get sometimes where it sounds like a real person at first and you start to have a conversation but then you realize you are talking to a recording. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but that's really annoying.

Of course this is just a guess, but I think IH is here for the same reason he operated his Christian coffee shop; maybe he hopes that by mingling with non-Christians and allowing them to see that he is just like everybody else except for being a Christian then he will attract a few of them to Christianity?

If that's his plan Directionless, then it won't work.

Ironhorse is the worst possible kind of advertisement for Christianity.  If challenged or questioned he dodges,  ducks and weaves, or refuses to answer outright.  These are not the actions of an honest person.  If I'm wrong about something - I admit it.  If I'm corrected about something - I thank the person correcting me.  If I can't answer a question or don't know the answer - I admit these things.  What I don't do is to practice his kind of underhanded denial, by saying, "I'm sorry but we will have to agree to disagree."   Not honest!  PageofCupsNono.gif

In other words, his goal is to be here and be visible as a subtle form of advertising for Christianity. What he says is not as important as simply saying something to keep himself visible.

What he doesn't say is what people take note of, D.

The deliberate evasion of questions he promised to answer reveals him as untrustworthy.  THAT'S what people see.

He actually reminds me of the phone calls I get sometimes where it sounds like a real person at first and you start to have a conversation but then you realize you are talking to a recording. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but that's really annoying.

I'm not sure he's a nice guy, Directionless.

Nice guys don't make promises, break them and then keep quiet, when they should apologize for their dishonest behavior.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/62102-i-trusted-ironhorse-just-once-never-again/#.VADqgfldVzM

Thanks,

BAA

Ironhorse,

Please honor your promise to answer the questions put to you in this thread.

Thanks,

BAA

I'm giving this thread a bump so that perhaps IH will see it and realize that he has many questions that he still has not addressed.

Also, I wanted to include the following here on this thread so that all can see that his "reasoning" for not addressing the questions listed in this thread.

First.

If something is currently unknown in science, it stays unknown until the data comes in.  If the data never comes in, then it stays unknown.  It's status as unknown isn't an invitation for you to draw a religious conclusion about it.  That is not science - that is faith.

Second.

Why can't I draw a religious conclusion based on a great unknown? My conclusion is not based on science but faith. 

Lawrence Krauss never proceeds by faith in his cosmological arguments - even though you allege that he does.  He draws logical conclusions, based upon the data... just as other cosmologists do.  That is not faith - that is science.

Again, I never alleged Krauss proceeds by faith in his scientific studies. He has drawn logical conclusions in many areas based on data. I said that in the interview when discussing the big question on "where matter come from" he said the data ends and it's pure speculation. He was honest enough to say he doesn't really know. He has an idea it might involve a parallel universe but I remember he laughed and said even with that the question is where did it come from. My idea is that God created is just that my idea. I have placed my faith this is correct. 

Last.
I see that you have both the time and inclination to contribute to this thread. 
But you don't have the time and the inclination to honor your promise and answer those outstanding questions that I've collated for you and repeatedly asked you (politely) to respond to.  So... thank you for once again demonstrating how untrustworthy you really are.

Again, I have stated before I am trying to answer every question. What I cannot do is keep repeating my answers over and over because some here refuse to accept them for what they are, my answers. I'm not asking you to agree with me. Some are not unwilling to agree with anything I post. 

Your dishonesty is noted by all reading this.

I don't know what others will think.

And so we wait:

1AcceptingATheist: You must run into an entirely different kind of Xtian than I did when I was a Xtian. The ones I knew met convicted criminals in the jailhouse and never told them where they lived.

Ironhorse:

I get that you make your decisions about being a Christian based on faith.

My big question is "Why exactly do you hang out on Ex-C?"

Ironhorse:

I get that you make your decisions about being a Christian based on faith.

My big question is "Why exactly do you hang out on Ex-C?"

I think he answered that one some time ago. His answer was something like being here for the dialogue and discussion, which doesn't really answer the question. Maybe it was something about understanding non-believers better or something.