Goodbye Jesus

Does anyone really know?

Guest acorn

Guest acorn

Does anyone really know? Does anyone on this earht really know what happens when we die?I would like to know if anyone knows what happens to our debateful, intelligent, critical, creative, dominate, personal minds and our self as what we are right now when we die. Do we just die, and get buried and thats it? All our passion for what we debate about right now, our beliefs and steadfast of what we believe right now. What happens? What if Christians are right? What if there is a heaven and hell like descibed in Luke 16.19 which is a controversal could be parable.

We do not know the mystery of the kingdom of God, but the disciples did. Is this why they were so passionate about Jesus?They knew and we don't, and thats the ultimate difference. Although, Jesus did say blessed are those who believe and see me, but more blessed are those that believe and dont see me. So, Im just asking where does everyone think we go after we die. I worship God, at all times of the day, so is that what we would do in heaven. Thats what Revelations says.

It really all comes down to this, if God knows all things then he knows if we make the wrong choices and right ones. He also knows the paths that are given for both, He also knows each branch that He puts in front of your path that you have a choice to change directions. So, in that, I believe that the fullfillment of Gods word will come to pass, whether you are on the God path or the other path. I believe that he will use you in the fullfillment of his word whether you believe in Him or not. always remeber this one thing though. If anyone here is looking for a sign or anything of that nature from God, you got one. God uses people in all different ways to make a path back to Him, similar to the children of Israels constant stubborness. God does give you signs, but since we have a choice to believe or do whatever we want then thats what we will get. Whether you are on Gods side or not.

The word of God will and is being fullfilled. Has anyone heard of the documentations in over 52 countries lately, there have been thousands of people raised from the dead in the name of Jesus Christ. Look it up. All documented, just like everone elses documentations ,right. What, No, huh Oh thats right they are just tring to make the Bible true, by corrupting the whole religion. right. Is that what everyones thinking? They are just trying to preserve, or prove right, protect the whole religion or something. Well, if so then Christianity is the biggest scam that ever happened on this earth, then we can just die right. Thats it, right. We just die and decompose. I dont know about everyone else , but I would rather try to live right as I could and try my hardest to seek God and know that if there is a heaven or hell, then Im going somewhere when I die, somewhere great, not sinnful, not perverse, but I believe everything whole that is right that we enjoy.

Crazy huh. The thing is that I thought the same way until I begged God one day to help me and He did. Now, there are alot of things that are more joyful than any of the times I did all the wrong things that I enjoyed before. To get there though there is a bit of a lifestyle transformation involved. Im not gonna say its easy, its not easy giving up TU-PAC, Twista, Lowriders, Ladies whenever, getting drunk, and the hardest was doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. :Wendywhatever:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pitchu

• Eponymic

• Reach

• IAm_Lucifer

IRRELEVENCE!!

Umm...ok.

I don't listen to rap (although I don't see anything wrong with it), I don't drink, I don't have ladies whenever (I think promiscuity is bad)....so what's your point?

did you let your prescription for lithium lapse ?

Guest acorn
Umm...ok.

I don't listen to rap (although I don't see anything wrong with it), I don't drink, I don't have ladies whenever (I think promiscuity is bad)....so what's your point?

Asimov, these are things I personally had to give up, but in the persuing of Christianity everone has something that they probualy enjoy, but keeps you from being a "seeking, true, honest Christian". There are alot of hypocrites out there, but I believe that it doesnt matter what people "think" you are doing wrong. Christians are suppose to look past that, if the people in question claim they are Christians.

What is it with me?!

Why, why, why -- after almost 63 years of listening to this claptrap -- do I remain unconvinced?!

What a thick :woohoo:

tough :woohoo:

stubborn :woohoo:

hell-bound :woohoo:

head I have!

What makes me think things like "dead is dead?" Like -- the reason there's a word, dead, is because you- like- shake somebody and beat on their chest and everything and they're- like- not alive...?

I am so freakin' literal.

About "alive" and "dead" and stuff...

Hmmmm.

Asimov, these are things I personally had to give up, but in the persuing of Christianity everone has something that they probualy enjoy, but keeps you from being a "seeking, true, honest Christian". There are alot of hypocrites out there, but I believe that it doesnt matter what people "think" you are doing wrong. Christians are suppose to look past that, if the people in question claim they are Christians.

Yes, the things I have that I enjoy that keep me from being a Christian are:

1. Logic

2. Reason

3. Lack of Evidence for God.

acorn...

I am slowly loosing the cool, sweet, good feeling towards all men, critters and even cats this evening as I read more sectarian salvation shit on da Bosses boards..

Quit whizzing on the carpet man...

n

What is it with me?!

Why, why, why -- after almost 63 years of listening to this claptrap -- do I remain unconvinced?!

This one is too easy. :Doh:

Pitchu,

It is not that you remain unconvinced,

but that your sinful lifestyle has lead you to be

blinded from The Truth.

Throw away the sin, then you will understand. :shrug:

Get it? :Hmm:

Got it? :Doh:

Good! :grin:

Is it so damn hard to use MORE THAN TWO PARAGRAPHS??

I cannot climb over the wall of text. XP

Has anyone heard of the documentations in over 52 countries lately, there have been thousands of people raised from the dead in the name of Jesus Christ.

what the fuck are you talking about? Seriously...dude...do you even THINK before you type this crap?

Guest acorn
Has anyone heard of the documentations in over 52 countries lately, there have been thousands of people raised from the dead in the name of Jesus Christ.

what the fuck are you talking about? Seriously...dude...do you even THINK before you type this crap?

Look it up. Its true, and most was done by people that have no education, and are basically in poverty. It is very true though, within the last couple years also.

All right, acorn, allow me to introduce you to a couple of my invisible friends: the non-printing characters!

They are friends like:

newline and

space.

There are others, but I'll stick to the basics here. End a sentence? Mr. Space doesn't like to be alone, and wants someone to keep him company in the cold void between sentences, so give space a friend and use two.

Now Newline (which tends to have the split personalities, line feed and carriage return) tends to play really well with another structure: the Paragraph. They get along so well, especially Block Paragraph. that Paragraph doesn't like to end without a pair of newlines (yes, press enter twice on your keyboard, bucko).

There is a third friend of mine you should meet: the spell check.

Oh, and keeping up on your meds would be a good idea as well, acorn. When you got a condition it isn't good to not take your medicine.

The word of God will and is being fullfilled. Has anyone heard of the documentations in over 52 countries lately, there have been thousands of people raised from the dead in the name of Jesus Christ. Look it up.

Dude, seriously, are you smokin? What the hell are you talking about?? I can't even believe you wrote that...... :vent:

To get there though there is a bit of a lifestyle transformation involved. Im not gonna say its easy, its not easy giving up TU-PAC, Twista, Lowriders, Ladies whenever, getting drunk, and the hardest was doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. :Wendywhatever:

Gee, that's strange, I thought you had to give all that up when you got MARRIED!!!

(no excuse me, WANTED to give all that up gladly when you got married....

You DID say you are married, correct? So you're going to tell me that you still did all these behaviors AFTER you got married and christianity saved you?

Okey Dokey.....

Thousands of people have been raised this year alone in the name of Mary J. It's true, if you don't believe me YOU look it up.

(or smoke it up)

Look it up. Its true, and most was done by people that have no education, and are basically in poverty. It is very true though, within the last couple years also.

If this news is so obvious, I'm sure you can provide some links.

I find it interesting that these 'miracles' are being conducted by ignorant people with no education...hhhhhmmmmm......

Did you know that the more education a person receives, the less likely they are to believe in invisible, magic begins? Its true, look it up!

If this news is so obvious, I'm sure you can provide some links.

I find it interesting that these 'miracles' are being conducted by ignorant people with no education...hhhhhmmmmm......

Did you know that the more education a person receives, the less likely they are to believe in invisible, magic begins?  Its true, look it up!

Acorn was actually using the "fact" that the miracles were performed by people living in poverty to make his statement sound more credible.

I don't know and neither do you since we are both still alive. But how about this one, what if the Muslims are right? Or the Hindus? Or the Wiccans?

Guest Ava

umm. do we actually know?

Duh? of course not!

but why do we have to annalyse it all. Why does everything have to be created with a higher spiritual meaning? the ideas of Heaven and Hell. are just creations to ease the fear of death. though they are concepts that are fun to imagine sometimes, but there is no proof that they truely exist, or that they dont.

honestly i say just live your life as it is then take whatever happens at the end of it.

.... meh.

Does anyone really know? Does anyone on this earht really know what happens when we die?

Of course, we don't know. How on earth (pun inconsequential), could we possibly know?

Record.gif

The thing is that I thought the same way until I begged God one day to help me and He did. Now, there are alot of things that are more joyful than any of the times I did all the wrong things that I enjoyed before. To get there though there is a bit of a lifestyle transformation involved. Im not gonna say its easy, its not easy giving up TU-PAC, Twista, Lowriders, Ladies whenever, getting drunk, and the hardest was doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. :Wendywhatever:

The bible stuff has no effect...

Sounds to me that you lacked personel resoponsibiltiy and integrity. You do not need a religion to tell you how to live.

What if Christians are right?

What if Muslims are right? What if Hindus are right? What if Buddists are right? Or, what if the on "true" denomination of xtianity is not the one you practice? What if the Wiccans are right? What if the Druids are right? What if there really are 12 gods? What if the one "true" religion is extinct and no one has seen the "signs" "god" has givin to lead us back to it?

I just woke up and this was the first thing I read. I came very close to puking. This has got to be one of the most unoriginal questions I have ever heard a xtian post. Some of Acorn's posts have actually been a bit interesting. But this has got to be one of the most typical xtian questions. It just shows that the main reason people are xtians is their fear of Hell. What I've read in the bible, Heaven isn't that much better, especially seeing "god's" attitude and actions. There's no guarentees that "god" won't get pissed off, frustrated, angry, jelous, and violent in Heaven and we all know how "he" acts when all this happens. And xtians just can't wait to be with this "lovin" "god". :eek:

And a question for you Acorn; What exactly are your reasons for posting here? Most of us are ex-xtians because we actually studied the xtian faith and figured out and realized that it didn't hold water with the knowlege, reason and intellect "god" gave us in order to survive up to now. Most of us know what the message in the bible is.

And will someone please tell me why I even responded to this post...

And will someone please tell me why I even responded to this post...

Ok, I'll try. Let me guess. It's raining cats and dogs in Seattle and you had nothing better to do? It's been drizzling all day, here in Eugene. :grin:

Hello acorn,

The word of God will and is being fullfilled. Has anyone heard of the documentations in over 52 countries lately, there have been thousands of people raised from the dead in the name of Jesus Christ. Look it up.

So I did a search and found nothing to back this up. You need to provide at least a link to this claim. I would love to know where all of the "risen" dead folk are.

All documented, just like everone elses documentations ,right.

Nope, not documented. I find nothing on this subject. To call this claim documented you need to, well, SHOW where it is documented. Sources count, what is your source.

What, No, huh Oh thats right they are just tring to make the Bible true, by corrupting the whole religion. right. Is that what everyones thinking? They are just trying to preserve, or prove right, protect the whole religion or something.

I do not make this assumption because I do not know the source of the claim. I have to think back to the Haitians on this one. Zombie myth for generations turned out to be the effects of puffer fish toxin in a "potion". The people of the area believed in the zombie so much that those effected by this "potion" acted the part long after the drug wore off. This was used as a means of gaining slave labor.

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/z/zombies.html

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Zombies

http://chemweb.calpoly.edu/chem/bailey/377/PapersW03/Nick/

Given this information, it is very possible that those people to whom you are referring without giving a reference, believe that the dead have risen from the grave. But that may not be the case given further clinical study.

Well, if so then Christianity is the biggest scam that ever happened on this earth

Exactly how I feel about it.

I dont know about everyone else , but I would rather try to live right as I could and try my hardest to seek God and know that if there is a heaven or hell, then Im going somewhere when I die, somewhere great, not sinnful, not perverse, but I believe everything whole that is right that we enjoy.

You CHOOSE to BELIEVE. Your choice man, most of those here do not choose to believe based on such flimsy evidence.

Well, if so then Christianity is the biggest scam that ever happened on this earth...

:scratch: Christianity is the biggest scam that ever happened on this earth.

That would make a pretty good sig line.