Goodbye Jesus

Lucy With Scarlet Johansson And Morgan Freeman

mymistake

Saw it today.  I liked it.  Yes it is a super hero comic book style fantasy.  Yes it has a flawed premise based on a myth.  It is not science fiction so much as metaphysics fiction.  But i liked it anyway.   It was a fun ride.  The best thing about it was it isn't a sequel.  It isn't a reboot or a re-image.  As near as I can tell it is not an adaptation.  It's a new story.  Granted, it took elements of other stories and blended them together but it beats the hell out of series that are in their 6th or 7th film.

Morgan Freeman's performance was particularly notable for two reasons.  He had a chance to do his authoritative science voice for some complete mumbo-jumbo nonsense and he pulled it off!  Plus we get to see him do something I've never seen him perform before.  He gets to be surprised, dumbfounded and bewildered.  He has the range.

While the % of brain use thing is complete bunk the film does raise other interesting questions about the meaning of life.  I'm looking forward to seeing it again though I will probably tape it when it comes out on HBO.