Goodbye Jesus

Isis Elimination

Guest end3

Have heard several modern men say destroy, eliminate, "kill them all", when describing how do deal with this amoral/immoral population. I don't think I can see much difference in this description vs. God taking out a population of sinners.

There is no difference End. Let's kill 'em all and let Allah sort them out.

Appears our government has taken this stance <propaganda>.

Excuse me.  We do not kill every man, woman, child, baby, elderly, oxen, horse, sheep, goat, donkey, cat and dog the way the Bible calls for genocide.  Far too often we do bomb somebody allowing some extra loss of life but in the Bible complete genocide was the goal.  Not the same at all.  The Bible is far more evil.  You are being disingenuous.  If King David had our weapons and our military the destruction would be total.  Stop giving the Bible a pass.

Looks like the list you have made is largely "supplies". We don't try to limit supplies?

Women and children are "supplies"?  End3, I'm ashamed of you.

"largely supplies". You know my stance on the genetics of it all. So somewhere in there, there is a line between self-defense and Grace for a perps of evil. I'll have to ask God how well I discerned when I get there.

If God exists then he would love animals just as much as he loves humans.

End3, are you saying that you believe God actually orchestrated all the violence credited to him in the OT, and it was justifiable in pursuit of God's long-term goals? Or are you saying the US needs to be less militaristic?

Your posts are often very cryptic and I'm not familiar with the previous discussions.

Have heard several modern men say destroy, eliminate, "kill them all", when describing how do deal with this amoral/immoral population. I don't think I can see much difference in this description vs. God taking out a population of sinners.

Excuse me.  We do not kill every man, woman, child, baby, elderly, oxen, horse, sheep, goat, donkey, cat and dog the way the Bible calls for genocide.  Far too often we do bomb somebody allowing some extra loss of life but in the Bible complete genocide was the goal.  Not the same at all.  The Bible is far more evil.  You are being disingenuous.  If King David had our weapons and our military the destruction would be total.  Stop giving the Bible a pass.

Looks like the list you have made is largely "supplies". We don't try to limit supplies?

It was the Bible's list.  Quit being a dirt bag and admit the Bible is evil.  Animals and people are not supplies.  The Bible calls for the death of all living things when God wants to smite a people.  It's a load of crap how you avoid the topic of the Bible's evil.

"largely supplies". You know my stance on the genetics of it all. So somewhere in there, there is a line between self-defense and Grace for a perps of evil. I'll have to ask God how well I discerned when I get there.

"Grace for the purpose of evil" must be God's middle name.

If God exists then he would love animals just as much as he loves humans.

End3, are you saying that you believe God actually orchestrated all the violence credited to him in the OT, and it was justifiable in pursuit of God's long-term goals? Or are you saying the US needs to be less militaristic?

Your posts are often very cryptic and I'm not familiar with the previous discussions.

Just throwing out possibilities D. Jesus offers grace. OT God offers "do-overs". Would prefer to offer grace myself, but a do-over seems more apt to get my vote. I don't know why God would kill animals. Per the aforementioned, I expect they were tools or supplies of that generation....so wiping them out would mean destroying their capabilities as well.

To answer your questions. I think everything has happened just as it should to bring forth Christ at the exact right time.

I think the US should wipe anyone that supports that militant belief off the face of the map. If I had the ability to know who would be change through grace, then I assume they would be "sortable". I don't, and they have shown ample evidence for me that they do not need to exist anymore.....given the propaganda I have witnessed.

OT God offers "do-overs". 

Killing people is not giving them a "do over".  Wendytwitch.gif

So Adam and Eve sin and eat the fruit.  Does God give them a do over?  No!  Does God make them infertile and start over with brand new people that he could make from the dust?  No!  God decides that Adam and Eve will still give birth to the whole human race so that billions of people will go to hell.  

God sees that people are wicked.  Does God give them a do over?  No!  Does God send Jesus?  No!  Does God give people the Law?  No!  Does God guide them?  No!  Instead God has Noah build a boat so that God can murder everyone else along with millions of innocent animals.

God sees that Sodom and Gomorrah have rude citizens.  Does God give them a do over?  No!  Does God send Jesus?  No!  Does God try to teach them?  No!  Does God give them the law?  No!  God has Lot run away to the cave of incest so that God can murder everyone else.

God sees Egypt oppressing the Jewish slaves.  Does God give the people of Egypt a do over?  No!  God hardens Pharaoh's heart so that God can turn their water into blood, torture them with frogs, lice and flies, sicken all their livestock, strike them with boils, rains down fire, blinds them in magical darkness, has locust destroy every scrap of food, murders every single first born and drowns their whole army.  Not a do over.

So Moses is getting the 10 commandments and on his way down he sees Hebrew people doing something they shouldn't.  Does God give them a do over?  No!  Does God send Jesus?  No!  Does God even let these people see the law so they will know what they should do or not do?  Of course not!  God has Moses murder 3,000 people.

So Joshua leads the people to the promised land and it turns out that people were already living there.  Does God give them a do over?  No!  It is genocide time!!!!

• Like 2

Just throwing out possibilities D. Jesus offers grace. OT God offers "do-overs". Would prefer to offer grace myself, but a do-over seems more apt to get my vote. I don't know why God would kill animals. Per the aforementioned, I expect they were tools or supplies of that generation....so wiping them out would mean destroying their capabilities as well.

To answer your questions. I think everything has happened just as it should to bring forth Christ at the exact right time.

I think the US should wipe anyone that supports that militant belief off the face of the map. If I had the ability to know who would be change through grace, then I assume they would be "sortable". I don't, and they have shown ample evidence for me that they do not need to exist anymore.....given the propaganda I have witnessed.

There's little difference between your statement here and a muslim firing an AK-47 yelling allah akbar.

• Like 1

There's little difference between your statement here and a muslim firing an AK-47 yelling allah akbar.

Lord, if you can't see the difference I can't help you. You don't see me on the propaganda videos beheading people. You are brainwashed to an excessive degree.

Lord, if you can't see the difference I can't help you. You don't see me on the propaganda videos beheading people. You are brainwashed to an excessive degree.

No we just nearly drown people who haven't been convicted of a crime at Gitmo with water boarding. Much more civilized. And we gun down people indiscriminately with drones because we can't tell a civilian from a combatant.

No we just nearly drown people who haven't been convicted of a crime at Gitmo with water boarding. Much more civilized. And we gun down people indiscriminately with drones because we can't tell a civilian from a combatant.

As a RESULT of those who choose death as their approach.

What? That doesn't even make sense.

You also don't see Muslims in Indonesia, Malaysia, and other stable parts of the globe doing it either.  Put you in a war zone and then we'll see what you're really capable of as your rhetoric and blind obedience to your invisible friend are no different. 

Bullshit.  We've been killing them much longer than they've been killing us and in far greater numbers.  Read a book. 

• Super Moderator

Women and children are NOT objects to be possessed.  They are not "supplies".  Dodging the issue, as you did in your response, is disingenuous.  Perhaps you should ask god why you couldn't discern simple human values.

• Like 2

Let me clear this up for you. Jihadists want to eliminate us in the name of Allah and you want to eliminate Jihadi's in the name of Yahweh. I fail to see the difference since both groups are fighting in the name of a non-existent deity.

This is Abrahamic justice… ya, I think we can do better.

I don't know what the solution is, because I don't have a good understanding of the problem. However… I have yet to see violence fix anything, not for long. If we aren't going to go in and impose order at the end of a gun, for a long time.. what's the point?

I don't think the west can affect any lasting change without purging their agenda and approaching it in a much different manner. Iraq has been barbaric for a long time, and even though Saddam was brutal, he did manage to impose some social order. Maybe fear and brutality is all they understand at this time… even Iran is more civilized. Sorry.. I have to research this more before I state any more opinions. (i would be interested to find out Saudi Arabia's role in it though)

I find it odd that they have used the name of an Egyptian goddess for their group though. They would be better off using Ishtar.. at least she was also a war goddess…(or [drum roll please] KALI!) Isis is more a fertility goddess, a protector and mistress of magic, not a destroyer… and she is most definitely not Abrahamaic.

anyway, weird.

• Like 1

You also don't see Muslims in Indonesia, Malaysia, and other stable parts of the globe doing it either.  Put you in a war zone and then we'll see what you're really capable of as your rhetoric and blind obedience to your invisible friend are no different.

Interesting. I didn't know we were discussing Muslims in those places and behaviors. I thought I was specific to militant behavior. And pretty sure I noted that I didn't have the capability of sorting the good and bad. What I am sure of is if the man that beheaded those two reporters were in near proximity to me, that I wouldn't hesitate to free him from his pathetic existence.

Let me clear this up for you. Jihadists want to eliminate us in the name of Allah and you want to eliminate Jihadi's in the name of Yahweh. I fail to see the difference since both groups are fighting in the name of a non-existent deity.

Damn, I forget that contemporary Muslims are peace-filled. Forgetful me.

thanks, that explains better. I don't have much sympathy for ISIS either, and I don't understand how westerners can be inspired to join ISIS even after the beheading news. There was a news article about a high school girl who was trying to join ISIS just a few days ago.

A few years ago I read an interview with some young western Muslims who had volunteered to fight in Syria. They seemed like idealist, nice people. I don't remember if they were part of ISIL or some other rebel group.

We should drop atheist leaflets on them instead of bombs. smile.png

Interesting. I didn't know we were discussing Muslims in those places and behaviors. I thought I was specific to militant behavior. And pretty sure I noted that I didn't have the capability of sorting the good and bad. What I am sure of is if the man that beheaded those two reporters were in near proximity to me, that I wouldn't hesitate to free him from his pathetic existence.

Now you're just being obtuse and still calling for genocide.  Real stand up guy you are. 

I'm sure if you invaded their country, they'd return the favor if they could.  Please explain how these beheaders are so much worse than the 'heroes' we send over to their country to kill their mothers, sisters, brothers, cousins, fathers, etc...

I'm sure if you invaded their country, they'd return the favor if they could.  Please explain how these beheaders are so much worse than the 'heroes' we send over to their country to kill their mothers, sisters, brothers, cousins, fathers, etc...

What would you like me to understand about their position. I'm guessing this an easier approach as you think I am victim of propaganda. Feel free to vent.

• Super Moderator

I find it odd that they have used the name of an Egyptian goddess for their group though. They would be better off using Ishtar.. at least she was also a war goddess…(or [drum roll please] KALI!) Isis is more a fertility goddess, a protector and mistress of magic, not a destroyer… and she is most definitely not Abrahamaic.

anyway, weird.

The name ISIS stands for Islamic State In Syria.  Once they expanded into Iraq, some started to refer to the group as ISIL (not sure what that one means, though).  They may have thought about the Egyptian goddess in relation to their name; but I don't think they named it after her.

Levant is the entire eastern Mediterranean region.  It includes the area of Israel and several other countries as well.  Eventually they will have the change their name to ISE; that is E for Earth.

What would you like me to understand about their position. I'm guessing this an easier approach as you think I am victim of propaganda. Feel free to vent.

I want you to understand that we patriotic flag wavers aren't any different.  If you don't think they (the flag wavers and the soldiers) should be wiped off the face of the earth, then you might want to ask yourself why you want to kill all these people, of whom we are the unwelcome guests. 

I want you to understand that we patriotic flag wavers aren't any different.  If you don't think they (the flag wavers and the soldiers) should be wiped off the face of the earth, then you might want to ask yourself why you want to kill all these people, of whom we are the unwelcome guests.

I don't believe these people are interested in a global relationship....and if they are, I am gathering the values are so different that it makes a viable relationship difficult. And it appears that their values are so egregious that those in the global relationship are pushed to acting on those values. Additionally, I can agree that I would be miffed if someone wanted to abuse my homeland, yet they have taken that fight past their borders in lieu of existing peacefully within their borders......a border that seems to be undefined for a long time now.

I don't believe these people are interested in a global relationship....and if they are, I am gathering the values are so different that it makes a viable relationship difficult. And it appears that their values are so egregious that those in the global relationship are pushed to acting on those values. Additionally, I can agree that I would be miffed if someone wanted to abuse my homeland, yet they have taken that fight past their borders in lieu of existing peacefully within their borders......a border that seems to be undefined for a long time now.

Who cares if they want a relationship? 

This whole issue is just so disingenuous and hypocritical of the American people (generally speaking).  We spend decades fucking with these people and then get self righteous when we create extremist groups as a backlash to OUR policy and action.  And then when these extremist groups act out and do far less damage than our bombs, we get our panties in a twist over it and call for their extermination. 

The process of which will just create more extremists. 

Rinse.  Repeat. 

• Like 1