Goodbye Jesus

So I'm Going To Hell

mymistake

And soon.   No, I don't mean the mythical place in the afterlife populated by red men with pitchforks.  I mean a real hell here on Earth, in this life.  And it is all going to start the moment my four year old tells the wrong Christian about Raptor Jesus.  Oh, I'm so in for it now.

It all started the other day.  I was posting to ex-C and looking up useful graphics and vids about Raptor Jesus.  My little girl "June" walked in one my and saw Raptor Jesus.

June:  "Oh a dinasaur!  Who is that Daddy?  Who is that?"

MM:  "Uh . . . that is Raptor Jesus."

June:  "Raptor Jesus!?!  Is he a dinosaur?"

MM  "Uh . . . yes.  He went extinct for your sins."

June: (playfully)  "Oh Raptor Jesus has big teeth.  I'm so scared."

MM:  "Raptor Jesus wants your soul.  Rarh!"

*tickles June*

June (playfully)  "Never!!!"

MM:  "That's my girl!"

I don't know what I was thinking.  I figured it wouldn't be that big of a deal.  But the next day she was asking my about Raptor Jesus again.  I tried to hush her up about it.  "Shhh, we will talk later" but four year olds don't get the concept of discrete.  I'm a dead man walking.

• Like 7

LOL! She's lucky to have you. smile.png

• Like 1

My circle is closing too. In one of my classes a student approached me and told me he recognized me from my old church. We continued chatting briefly and he asked if I was fellowshipping somewhere else. I told him I was now an atheist.  I live in a small town and I wonder how fast this will get around.

In another class I teach, I told the whole class I was an ex-religionist (the topic was relevant at the time).

What the HECK am I doing????

And soon.   No, I don't mean the mythical place in the afterlife populated by red men with pitchforks.  I mean a real hell here on Earth, in this life.  And it is all going to start the moment my four year old tells the wrong Christian about Raptor Jesus.  Oh, I'm so in for it now.

It all started the other day.  I was posting to ex-C and looking up useful graphics and vids about Raptor Jesus.  My little girl "June" walked in one my and saw Raptor Jesus.

June:  "Oh a dinasaur!  Who is that Daddy?  Who is that?"

MM:  "Uh . . . that is Raptor Jesus."

June:  "Raptor Jesus!?!  Is he a dinosaur?"

MM  "Uh . . . yes.  He went extinct for your sins."

June: (playfully)  "Oh Raptor Jesus has big teeth.  I'm so scared."

MM:  "Raptor Jesus wants your soul.  Rarh!"

*tickles June*

June (playfully)  "Never!!!"

MM:  "That's my girl!"

I don't know what I was thinking.  I figured it wouldn't be that big of a deal.  But the next day she was asking my about Raptor Jesus again.  I tried to hush her up about it.  "Shhh, we will talk later" but four year olds don't get the concept of discrete.  I'm a dead man walking.

you. crack. me. up.

My circle is closing too. In one of my classes a student approached me and told me he recognized me from my old church. We continued chatting briefly and he asked if I was fellowshipping somewhere else. I told him I was now an atheist.  I live in a small town and I wonder how fast this will get around.

In another class I teach, I told the whole class I was an ex-religionist (the topic was relevant at the time).

What the HECK am I doing????

Yeah, we have to be careful.  Shortly after I moved into a new neighborhood the nursery supervisor from my old church stopped by.  It turns out that she lives a few doors down.  When I first saw her I said "Hey, I use to go to your church".  The moment those words were out she got this look on her face like I had just run over her dog with my truck.  She had assumed that I was simply attending a different service time.  My wife covered by saying we were attending the Catholic church now (not exactly true since we only go a few times per year).  The conversation recovered and ended cordially but we haven't seen our neighbor since.  I guess she has been busy.

lol

we were attending the Catholic church now (not exactly true since we only go a few times per year)...

Unless you view "Catholic" as "catholic" meaning "universal". Yes, we all attend the universal church of SUNDAYS OFF. lol