Goodbye Jesus

Chat Vs Forums

1AcceptingAThiest1

I don't copy/paste without understanding what I'm quoting… at least a little bit. Most people here don't, from my experience.

Using source material does not make one DIShonest, or not genuine..(unless it's mindless regurgitation without digestion - right IH?) it CAN make them educated, cautious, humble and open-minded, at the very least willing to seek information and learn from others.

I prefer the forums where I can edit my responses, check my info and take my time. I've never liked chat anyway. 

correct using articles facts videos or whatever and understanding what you read is good, that is one thing, but i seen christians post an articel that seems interesting copy and apste oen segment and try to defend it fully but only knowing it partially. That is what i am against

exactly better to respond with honesty then look up and article real quick copy and apste and didnt read further downt he article to have it disprove your own position. seen this happen to many times. if you dont knwo say i dont know or still learning but posting stuff you dont understand is dangerous as you say...with CHAT people respond with what they ALREADY know, if they dont know a question they will say i can get bac kto you on that, honest and genuine is much better than some christians i seen copy and apste without thinking for themself

Yeah, I really really really wonder about who you are talking here. I have not observed such behavior in the forums, though I have not read every thread and every post. Now, for me I can tell you that I NEVER copy and paste anything I do not understand. I also NEVER post anything that does not align with my own conclusions and thinking. EVERYTHING I post is stuff I have thought through many times on my own. Nothing that I post is just something I picked up somewhere and thought it sounded good so I just throw it in and see what happens. And if I do I will announce that as a fact, means I let people know I have not done research on it or so but was interested in opinions etc. 

So come on, be real and honest here. Who are you talking about here? Names please.

Because somehow I feel like you are talking about yourself here...somehow...not entirely, but like you know, people who always assume or even call others to be disingenuous often turn out disingenuous themselves.

no one specific im saying in forums articels posted leaves that option open for people to do so... TO falsly defend information they dont know about, i wasnt saying someone here in particular has done it, i was jsut saying in general, I was just listing a bunch of random pros and cons to forums and chats. i was not targeting anyone.

if you must know i seen christians do it more often then atheists in other forums tho.  I advocate against it so no, i post what i know. Im saying in chat the ability to respond right away eliminates the copy and paste option altogether is all.

if it seem like i was accusing or assuming of anyone. not my intention or purpose. My Grammar or poor phrase structure or improper conversation flow could have attritbuted to the misunderstanding. My apologies

No no, this has nothing to do with grammar or poor phrase structure.

But maybe with your understanding of general assumptions. Do you understand what it means to speak in general? Because right now to me it seems you don't.

And when you say that you see it happen in other forums...what forums? And if you say you see Christians "do it" more often than atheists...maybe that should tell you something?

Now why should the possibility of copying and pasting be taken away just because you dislike the fact that people can copy and paste stuff?

Well, maybe I just don't get the meaning of this thread then...I mean, if you like the chat, go to the chat and let the forums be forums...