Goodbye Jesus

Joel Osteen Doesn't Know The Bible

Brother Jeff

No shit!

Yep, pastors make shit up as the go along.  Osteen just made the mistake of doing it in public.

Awe, man! You mean to tell me that God really DOESN'T have my picture on his refrigerator?!?!?

Well 'that' sucks... :-(

• Like 1

joel-osteen-ministries-512x288.jpg

_69699489_69699484.jpg

Benedict Cumberbatch / Joel Osteen.

Separated at birth??

the thing is

unlike medical doctor or lawyer, there is no real authorized organization that managed church or pastor.

There is no standard curriculum for becoming pastor , you can have 1 year or 6 months training to be a pastor

there is even ministries who give only 2 days training and you'll get a certificate that says that you are officially a pastor

and nobody in church ever dare to ask which ministries/theological school the pastor had graduated from

I bet you 5 loaves and 2 fishes that osteen was either graduated from one of this "bogus" pastor training or not even attending one and self-proclaim that he is a pastor

furthermore, why bother to learn about bible, he only need the wealthy and healthy part or god promise part, the rest are not his interest

the thing is

unlike medical doctor or lawyer, there is no real authorized organization that managed church or pastor.

There is no standard curriculum for becoming pastor , you can have 1 year or 6 months training to be a pastor

there is even ministries who give only 2 days training and you'll get a certificate that says that you are officially a pastor

and nobody in church ever dare to ask which ministries/theological school the pastor had graduated from

I bet you 5 loaves and 2 fishes that osteen was either graduated from one of this "bogus" pastor training or not even attending one and self-proclaim that he is a pastor

furthermore, why bother to learn about bible, he only need the wealthy and healthy part or god promise part, the rest are not his interest

Seriously though, what sort of qualification could you get for teaching absolute unsubstantiated bullshit?

• Like 1

joel-osteen-ministries-512x288.jpg

_69699489_69699484.jpg

Benedict Cumberbatch / Joel Osteen.

Separated at birth??

No, but we know who will get to play Osteen in the made-for-TV special when the big scandal breaks.

• Like 1

"A sucker is born every minute."

If people don't want to think on their own, question what they hear, believe things that are too good to be true, or actually read the bible, then it's their fault for being bilked of their money.

Years ago the Washington Post did a piece in their Sunday magazine on Mr. Osteen. The journalist that wrote the piece had attended two separate services at Osteens' church, and at both services, upon his introduction the crowd gave him standing ovations. And after each one, right on cue, he shed tears.

Having worked on television ministries for several well-known pastors here in the greater New York area, I can imagine the video director telling the camera operator to point at Joel and saying..."aaaand cue tears!"

Wish I could find that article.

the thing is

Seriously though, what sort of qualification could you get for teaching absolute unsubstantiated bullshit?

An Associate's Degree in teaching absolute unsubstantiated bullshit should do the trick.

• Like 1

the thing is

An Associate's Degree in teaching absolute unsubstantiated bullshit should do the trick.

Ah, of course.

I think that's what one of William Lane Craig's doctorates is in.

• Like 1