Goodbye Jesus

Why Are Some Men Deranged. I Would Prefer A World With Women In Charge

Castiel233

The other day I was waiting to go into an interview. I was standing near two men and a woman walked past. She was barely out of ear shot when they started to discuss her in unsavoury tones. I can’t remember exactly what was said (I was concentrating on mentally preparing myself for interview), but the spirit of it was “I’d give her good seeing to” and “I wouldn’t say no”…the usual sort of casual and thoughtless sexism which reduces a woman to her value in the bedroom. Then one of them said “I’d let her shit on my chest”. One has to wonder (in despair) why some men are so deranged.

I have come to the conclusion women (as a gender) are better. I say this not to curry favour with my on-line sisters in the free-thought movement. I say this because I think (broadly speaking its true) I realize I am perhaps generalizing  here, but hear me out.

I have had many jobs in the space of my working life. I am yet to hear a female co-worker do the following:

Laugh at rape jokes

Fart and invite people to breathe it in

Threaten violence to other members of staff

Talk about male co-worker in violent sexual terms. For example, I have never heard them say (of a male co-worker) “It is going to get a fucking good seeing to” or “I’d make him squeal like a pig”, etc, etc.

Thinking about it further:

Serial killers are usually men

In the case of spousal violence it’s usually male on female rather than the other way around

Rapists are nearly always men

Men (with support from The Bible) have subjugated women, denied them the vote, deprived them of property rights and treated them as chattel.

I ask again, why are some men so deranged 

• Like 2

Men are bad, m'kay.  Maybe we should let Swedish feminists castrate us and just be done with all the problems we cause. 

• Like 2

Anyone else. I'd like to read actual sensible and informed answers 

Thththththththththththffffppppt!!!1!

I give up!

• Super Moderator

You just haven't met some of the twisted women I know.

Anyone else. I'd like to read actual sensible and informed answers 

Start off with a sensible, informed OP and you'll get them.  I personally find what you wrote extremely offensive.  Try writing that shit about women and see what kind of response you get. 

• Like 1

You've never been married, have you?

• Like 2

Why are some men deranged? Because they're humans, that's why. Granted that "tradition" has it that men have been in charge most of the time, there's definitely a lingering aftereffect - and there are differences between the countries.

Plus, personal experience may be misleading. As for me over here in Germany, I've seen some very very few male animals like the ones you describe... but I've yet to see any evidence for this to be wide-spread here. And I have to second what's been said above - women can be cruel beasts too, and as for sheer mindblowing extent of cruelty the "evil women" I've seen were in no way "worse" than the "evil men", they just tend to be brutal in a different way. Much depends on perspective and specific situation probably.

Some humans are assholes. Get together a sufficiently large group and you'll always find assholes in it. Sad but (for all I know) true.

You've never been married, have you?

If your wife does that, I pity you, because its crass and gross

I stand by my OP, The behaviour I have witnessed (especially at work) of men, has been far worse then the behaviour of the women 

• Like 3

Whatever dude. This shit is just as sexist as one of ninurta's bullshit topics.

• Like 2

Whatever dude. This shit is just as sexist as one of ninurta's bullshit topics.

*Thanks* for your input  

If it's meant as a universal truth then yup it's sexist.

But then, the OP said quite clearly (I think) that he's talking about his personal experience. If for whatever reason he only runs into such beasts he has every right to say that those suck. Wendyshrug.gif

Though I have to warn everyone - never forget that we're living in an age where, among other things, media take a shit on truth every day and publish what gives them the most money. Stories about rape, male serial killers and such are well-known components of a profitable media outlet regardless of whether they are true. I wouldn't be too confident these days that "serial killers are almost always men" or "rapists are almost always men". I've seen so much shit coming from modern "media", I believe what jibes with my personal experience and am wary of everything else.

Using the word "some" doesn't excuse sexism.

"Some women are bitches. I wish we were in a world where men could slap their wives." See, I put the word "some" in there... that means it's not sexist or offensive, right? 

As a woman, I can attest to my gender being twisted. Perhaps we aren't prone to serial murder or habitual Dutch-ovening of our partners, but we have our flaws.

Neither gender is a winner. Humanity is fucked. I remain nihilistic and completely unhopeful for any improvements to our current systems.

• Like 3

Sexist nonsense, plain and simple. There are deranged men and there are deranged women. It is wrong to generalize either gender.

• Like 4

"Some women are bitches. I wish we were in a world where men could slap their wives." See, I put the word "some" in there... that means it's not sexist or offensive, right? 

Point taken, though still... it's everyones right to have an opinion.

And naturally it's other people's right to disagree and, if said opinion is totally dumb, mock it. ;)

I was one of a small handful of men who worked in a shop with mostly women for over 2 decades.

The women would faun over the hot guy in some department when he came to visit. It was obvious. Of course I looked at the cleavage that walked around me until we all got polo shirts. Then I could only imagine the cleavage. :-)

Then there was the occasional, "He's such a man", used in a derogatory tone about someone that a female co-worker didnt like at the moment. Someone might point out that I was a man and on several occasions someone joked that I was just "one of the girls" there so I didnt count (and would not take offense to their sexually discriminatory statements, hopefully). :-) After hearing the "he's such a man" multiple times I said something like, "Oh a fine upstanding human being then!" just to watch the girls get pissed.

Never heard women threaten violence to each other, just watched them scream at each other occasionally. :-)

I also didnt care much for the six weeks of maternity leave they took then added as much vacation and sick leave to the end of it so they could avoid coming back to work because they hated their job as much as I did because they needed to bond with they baby. A number of people were just gone for 3 months after having the baby.

Of course there is the ever present co-worker backstabbing. One woman I worked with would lean over to me and talk shit about someone who they just spoke with, was still walking away and maybe within earshot still...

Umm, what else? Oh yeah, the floating used tampon in the non-gender toilet at work. That was fun to see.

When, say, 3 or more men happened to be on the same shift, a woman would say something about "Too much testosterone" there or "Testosterone Zone" or some such similar thing. I guess "Estrogen Zone" didn't rate a comment.

And there were crude jokes made by women. Penis jokes and statements about the size of the particular man of the moment they were having a confrontation with over the phone were pretty normal.

Sometimes I would have to assert myself and make a sweeping derogatory sexist statement about all the women I worked with....they would just laugh at me. :-) We had good times. Workmates are workmates no matter the gender. :-)

Women aren't as overtly sexist or moronic as men. Their sexism and moronism is more covert but it's still there. Women are wired and probably conditioned by society to not be as outwardly aggressive as men....but there is passive aggressiveness.

I'm pretty convinced that women are pretty much men, just with different plumbing and usually longer hair. They are not sugar and spice and everything nice.

Most of my supervisors were women and I got along just fine with most of them. I could also say the same for the men I've worked with and for in the military. I've had issues with people of either sex and it wasn't because of their sex , it was because they were an asshole. :-)

Women can do just a good a job being in charge as a man. But that aint saying much. Ha. We would all come to hate the woman in charge just as much as the man in charge (I've hated a number of female bosses just because they were the BOSS). :-) Being in charge doesn't mean someone has some supernatural ability; it just means there is someone (of any gender) with the same faults as anyone else making big decisions with big consequences.

Intelligence, wisdom and decision making transcend gender, imo.

As far as ratio of male to female leaders starting wars I have no data on that. :-)

• Like 1

As a woman, I can attest to my gender being twisted. Perhaps we aren't prone to serial murder or habitual Dutch-ovening of our partners, but we have our flaws.

Neither gender is a winner. Humanity is fucked. I remain nihilistic and completely unhopeful for any improvements to our current systems.

Men and women piss each other off... but they keep having babies anyway. lol.

• Like 4

Dog owners will be familiar with the behavioral differences between male and un-male dogs. When dogs have their nuts, they tend to pick fights, get into all kinds of mischief, piss on the floor, and hump everything in sight (more so than females or neutered males). Cut off the testicles, and that sort of behavior drastically decreases.

So if you want a serious answer... IMO testicles are the answer to your question. Why are men aggressive assholes?

Testicles. That's why.

• Like 3

Sexist nonsense, plain and simple. There are deranged men and there are deranged women. It is wrong to generalize either gender.

Is using the word "some" a generalization?

Some apples are red.  Does this generalize apples?

Some women have children.  Does this generalize a gender?

As for the OP the answer is testosterone.  Testosterone explains why there is an increase in certain behaviors.

Why is everybody getting their parties in a bunch about this thread anyway? Men are on average FAR more aggressive and violent than women- violent crimes are overwhelmingly perpetrated by men. It's an inescapable fact- and I see no reason to believe that such tendencies wouldn't bleed over into all kinds of other behaviors that aren't necessarily criminal or directly violent.

Maybe the OP wasn't as circumspect as some would prefer... but it's a valid question. And while I personally think physiology explains a lot of it- culture definitely plays a role. Men aren't as violent as us Americans in a lot of countries. And they're far more violent in lots of countries.

• Like 6

I seem to have upset some of the more sensitive types.........

I stand by the OP, particularly my remarks about men in the workplace. Female co-workers have rarely caused me any problems