Goodbye Jesus

All Men Are Without Excuse..............

Castiel233

So says The Good book

What about those born in a culture outside of Christianity

Those born before the NT was finalized

Those born so disabled or mentally ill they cannot comprehend a three in one God even if they wanted.

Are such as these “without excuse”

• Like 1

Don't worry.  Disabled people weren't really all that welcome to begin with.  On a positive note the mentally ill were likely prophets.  So win some - lose some.

mwc

Curious thou isn't it, in the OT God does not like the disabled (calling them an abomination) yet we are lead to believe he is the author and creator of everything........

So He creates things He hates I guess to allow Him to Hate them......Sheessh

• Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure having a disability is god's way of saying he doesn't like you in the first place.

• Like 1

I've put some thought into the assertion found in Romans 1:20, the "without excuse" excuse. That must be some sort of logical fallacy, right? I don't know what it would be called, though, if it is.

I've noticed that if you take this verse:

"20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse" and insert the name of some other deity in place of "God", it's still just as true (or false).

"For since the creation of the world, the Invisible Pink Unicorn's invisible qualities - her eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse".

I guess that means that existence itself is proof that the IPU is the creator, therefore, all are without excuse for not believing in the IPU.

The same could be done with the Flying Spaghetti Monster or a magical milk jug. The statement would remain just as true (or false) as it was to begin with.

Guest BreathinHeathen

Catholic church always taught that ignorance was bliss.  If you didn't know you were sinning, it wasn't a sin.  So for the mentally disabled people, they aren't in a state of sin.