Goodbye Jesus

Some New Facts About Psychopaths

chrisassaf

The original author of that article is Harry Bethel.

They've taken fairly new data in the research on psychopathy and twisted it to their own agendas. There is evidence that some of these people's brains work differently, or are deficient in some areas… the science is very new and non-conclusive though.. because nurture is still a factor in some cases.. where in other it's more nature (brain function) - it's most likely a combination of both in most cases. This research is intended to help those afflicted, as well as protect society from them - not to label them and vilify them. In science these conclusions probably means psychopathy is a brain disorder and not a 'moral' issue. They've taken this and made it the mother of all moral issues…(i.e.: calling them evil) *sigh*.

Psychopathy is also very much a spectrum disorder… like ADD, schizophrenia, autism, bipolar disorder, etc…

It makes me angry because those of us who are mentally atypical have enough misunderstanding to deal with… without there being more fear, misinformation and pseudo-science about mental disorders tossed around.

• Like 4

The author of that article also says that there are a number of experts (Psychologists and Psychiatrists) that clearly proclaim that psychopaths are not human.

Oh, well since you said that.  I guess that means we don't have to treat them humanly then.  That's a relief. 

• Like 4

Religious nut jobs are human, so are psychopaths.  Unfortunately, in life you eventually learn that we're all human, despite hate speech and ignorance.

You guys are simply bitter because you don't have spirits or souls.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Super Moderator

Is this guy really the best the holy spirit can conjure up?

The author of that article also says that there are a number of experts (Psychologists and Psychiatrists) that clearly proclaim that psychopaths are not human.

First, your parenthetical is not representative about what the article says.  The only reference to psychologists and psychiatrists is in the following,  "Yet, most psychologists and psychiatrists believe they are humans with a personality disorder!".  I'm not sure whether this was a mistake on your part, or you were trying to be deliberately misleading.

So that leaves me with a few questions.

1.  Who are these "experts"?

2.  What are their qualifiactions?

3.  What was the methodology that they followed to come to this conclusion?

4.  Where can I find their published works on this topic?

Thanks

Wow.  When I opened this topic I just clicked in the link in the OP because I think these things are interesting and I wanted to see if I could learn anything new.  Thanks for nothing.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Still waiting for the "facts" promised in the headline.

The original author of that article is Harry Bethel.

Thank you for providing the author's name.  You did not answer my remaining questions, or respond to my request.  I will repeat them:

Why should I believe anything [the author] says?  

Why should I believe anything you say about this unknown author?

Please provide evidence that "psychopaths are not human".

The author says this, the author says that...now do you want to discuss this topic or do you want to go on like this? I really don't see you being interested in an interesting exchange when the only thing you can say is the author says this and that. Just because an author claims something does not mean it is facts. An author can write whatever he wants to and he can claim it as facts if he wants to...and wants to make a fool out of himself...getting put into the conspiracy theory box.

I dated a psychopath last year and you know, he was very human, had skin, hair, eyes, he could even talk...I could hear his heart beating and feel his breath while he was lying with me in my bed. I am sure if he gets hurt he will bleed...and I am also pretty sure he came out of a (human) woman's womb once and was produced by the help of a (human) man. His mind was quite bright in some aspects and quite dumb in others. So how exactly is he not a human being...? Not as human as you are?

You know it was white people who once claimed africans not to be humans and therefore captured them and put them in zoos...and took them as slaves. This kind of thinking is dangerous you should be careful to take and spread such stuff as facts.

• Like 2

Moanareina, If an author says something and someone else repeats it, The one repeating does not necessarily endorse the view. Also, If I were to keep saying that the author says something, the author is the one responsible for saying it, not the messenger.

sdelsolray,

based on the interview Harry Bethel had with two psychopaths, they both said that they have read his article on two psychopaths and they said that it was right on. One them even admitted that he was not human.

Monobeings!

And I read the other article about interracial marriages.  I love this verse:  "Lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice to their gods, and one call you, and you eat of his sacrifice;" Exodus 34:15

"And they go a whoring after their gods . . . ."

A whoring . . .  doesn't that sound like something from a xmas carol?  "Let all good men go a whoring on this blessed night . . . ."

Monobeings!

I think I might go a whoring tonight with a hot monobeing!

sdelsolray,

based on the interview Harry Bethel had with two psychopaths, they both said that they have read his article on two psychopaths and they said that it was right on. One them even admitted that he was not human.

Is this your evidence that psychopaths are not human?  Heresay from Harry Bethel about what two psychopaths said?

Got anything else?

You still have not answered my earlier question:

•   Why should I believe anything Harry Bethel says?

• Like 1

Moanareina, If an author says something and someone else repeats it, The one repeating does not necessarily endorse the view. Also, If I were to keep saying that the author says something, the author is the one responsible for saying it, not the messenger.

Please choose from one of the following:

1)  Are you in agreement with Harry Bethel's claims in that article?

2)  Are you in disagreement with Harry Bethel's claims in that article?

3)  Do you agree in part and disagree in part with Harry Bethel's claims in that article?

4)  None of the above?

• Like 3

So Chris, did you start this thread because you didn't want to talk about it?    Wendyshrug.gif

sdelsolray,

FYI...as a "mental health practitioner" just because a so-called client admits to something does not equal truth For instance, is a cancer patient able to accurately diagnose their cancer? For example, see Ted Bundy's interview with James Dobson. Bundy admitted to a lot of things, most of it was for attention and/or absolution. Also, in medical circles a "true" psychopath is a very rare thing, and not even a categorical disorder - using the current DSM we have to diagnose people on a spectrum of disorders such as anti-social or disassociative. But I am sure you knew all this already. 

• Like 1

Wrong. It is the people who make an author famous for whatever he is saying. It is people who buy in to what an author says and it is people who buy a book or read an article and by that give him credit. It is you who made a thread that states you had new FACTS...And if you go like: The author says this without adding your own view to it you actually are saying it as if it was your own opinion. Especially if you don't participate in any of the discussion that has happened here. But if you are as stupid and ignorant as just stated I actually have no interest in wasting my time any longer. Because there have been questions raised and points made and all you do is throwing in lines by saying: The author says...That is like a child who goes: But, mummy said...

Bye.

sdelsolray,

Sorry but asking a psycho analyze a book about that sort of human is really not valid at any level. they are psycho so I would very much assume they lied their asses off.

It's pretty obvious the motivation behind these articles.  Anti-interracial, calling people 'not human'.  Sounds familiar.  Not worth the attention, unless you think you can convince a prejudiced person otherwise.

Mymistake, I was just sharing something I learned. Just like Herodotus did.

I am trying to be the next Herodotus.

Mymistake, I was just sharing something I learned. Just like Herodotus did.

I am trying to be the next Herodotus.

What did you "learn"?

No sir!   PageofCupsNono.gif

The title of this thread isn't, 'Chrisassaf Sharing What He's Learned about Psychopaths'.

It's, 'Some New FACTS About Psychopaths'

Not the same.

• Like 1