Goodbye Jesus

The Journey So Far....part?

Woodsy

Hi everyone! Been away for awhile taking care of family issues. Missed all of you and am ready to catch up. Don't remember what part of the journey I'm on, it's still that bumpy ride, though. Need to connect with you all, once more. Glad to be back.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Been away for awhile taking care of family issues. Missed all of you and am ready to catch up. Don't remember what part of the journey I'm on, it's still that bumpy ride, though. Need to connect with you all, once more. Glad to be back.

Good to see you today Woodsy!! yellow.gif  I've missed you!! woohoo.gif

Hug girlfriend!   

Hi, Margee!! Somehow I knew you'd be the first with a hug. Great to be back! Sending lots of those hugs back to you!

• Like 1

Hi, Margee!! Somehow I knew you'd be the first with a hug. Great to be back! Sending lots of those hugs back to you!

How is the deconverting going hon? 

Where do I start? It's been up and down mostly in between dealing with my 89 year old Dad. He stayed with us for awhile until we realized we were in over our heads. He is in a good, assisted living home near us. His dementia is getting worse. You might say that my deconversion was put on a back burner for awhile. I want to put it up front now. There are lots of things I want to share so we'll see. Thanks for asking, sweetie!

Where do I start? It's been up and down mostly in between dealing with my 89 year old Dad. He stayed with us for awhile until we realized we were in over our heads. He is in a good, assisted living home near us. His dementia is getting worse. You might say that my deconversion was put on a back burner for awhile. I want to put it up front now. There are lots of things I want to share so we'll see. Thanks for asking, sweetie!

I forgot to ask....how are things with you?

Welcome back.

Thanks, Ellinas! It's good to be back. Looking forward to connecting with everyone again. Hope all is well with you.

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

Thanks,Orbit.

I have a question for you guys....during your deconversion, has anyone experienced moments of anxiety or panic attacks? This summer has been very stressful and I'm experiencing anxiety like never before. I find myself thinking of death and worrying about everything. Asking myself all the "what if" questions. It's been a year and a half since I left christianity and those old, indoctrinated beliefs are still around, messing with my mind. I know I'll never go back to my former beliefs, just can't do that now. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Panic attacks - no.  Anxiety - yes.  Anxiety that I'd got it wrong, that I'd moved into satanism, that I'd damned myself.

Generally it lasted as long as it took to remind myself of the nonsense of Genesis and to remember that a building with a rotten foundation must fall.

Worth thinking through the logical process that convinces you that Christianity is wrong and to reduce it easily remembered "bare bones" form.  That way you can run through it mentally every time the anxiety strikes.

Panic attacks - no.  Anxiety - yes.  Anxiety that I'd got it wrong, that I'd moved into satanism, that I'd damned myself.

Generally it lasted as long as it took to remind myself of the nonsense of Genesis and to remember that a building with a rotten foundation must fall.

Worth thinking through the logical process that convinces you that Christianity is wrong and to reduce it easily remembered "bare bones" form.  That way you can run through it mentally every time the anxiety strikes.

You are right! My anxiety is just as you described, thinking that I got it all wrong and I'm going to hell. But when I replay all those facts about how Paul's letters were written before the gospels and he invented the religion. How the gospel writers were not Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. How the OT stories were based on bronze age myths. Etc., etc. And not to mention all the contradictions throughout the whole book.

Yep, I'll start a list of easily remembered "bare bones" facts to help when the old anxiety acts up again.

Thanks a bunch, Ellinas!