Goodbye Jesus

My Soul And I

foak

Hello everyone.

On the road of life and it's many paths, there has only been one constant for me and that is my relationship with my Soul.

Christianity has been only one of the divergent paths off the straight and narrow path of life.

My Soul and I have been constant companions through it all.

The truth it seems doesn't exist except within ourselves.

foak

bille-souriante-13080898.jpg

The truth it seems doesn't exist except within ourselves.

That's... well... true! :-)

Whatever your truth is, only you know it...

• Like 1

Welcome to the board!

Interesting responses.

It seems we all know the truth.

Yet yours is not mine and mine is not yours.

We all have teeth;

Yours are yours and mine are mine.

What a strange place, this world we live in.

It appears that the truth is you and me.

Let me see if i have this right.

If you and i represent the truth and the truth is different for all of us, then i would presume there to be a source that we are all drawing from.

If that is not correct then we are all just making everything up based upon what someone else said and what someone else said and.. ad infinitum.

Not ever being certain that we know what we think we know.

gassho2.gif

Welcome to the board!

Thank you

Welcome to Ex-C!

Welcome to Ex-C!

Thank You

Personally, I don't have a soul. But that's OK; they sound like they're more trouble than they're worth.

Welcome.

• Like 3

Personally, I don't have a soul. But that's OK; they sound like they're more trouble than they're worth.

Welcome.

Thank You.

What do you have?

I perceive that I have consciousness and a sense of self.  I'm not sure that I have a soul,  nor the truth.  The more I learn, the less certainty I have about most things.

Welcome.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Welcome.

Soul? I don't know what you specifically mean by that. I have a cat. Two, actually.

There are many directions that we could go with this.

The phenomonon of talking to ourselves is an interesting one.

Who is doing the talking and who is doing the listening?

Who is aware that we are aware?

There are many questions that lead to the knowedge of who we are if one is willing to seek out the answers.

• Like 1

There are many questions that lead to the knowedge of who we are if one is willing to seek out the answers.

Welcome foak, I'm so glad you joined us! 

I now talk to myself out loud - older people are allowed to do this!!  It is ME who is doing the talking and ME who is doing the listening and it is ME who is totally aware of this. My brain is ME - I am my brain. I cannot think like you because I don't have your brain. And you can't think like me because you don't have my brain.

Such interesting thoughts!!

Good to have you!

hug

The new word in science is that the brain is a hologram interpreting a holographic universe.

That would mean we are all connected.

Welcome to ExC, foak. I am glad you're here.

I agree completely with your words which I quote below. Indeed, Christianity is a divergent path off the straight and narrow path of life.

Christianity has been only one of the divergent paths off the straight and narrow path of life.

"That in whom reside all beings and who reside in all beings, who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being--I am That."

Amritbindu Upanishad

(I like that particular statement)

• Like 1

That in whom reside all beings and who reside in all beings, who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being--I am That."

Amritbindu Upanishad

(I like that particular statement)

i can imagine all but "I am that".

I still feel a separation.

i dont have any beliefs.

If i dont know it then i dont know it.

I am going to remind everyone of the special rules in place, and which rules will be strictly enforced, here on the Testimonies Forum. Please comply and discontinue debating or questioning the OP's beliefs in the Testimonies Forum. If you want to do so, take it somewhere else.

I have deleted all the posts which violated these rules.

Encouragement on the Testimomies Forum is a wonderful thing.

Please remember the main purpose of the site in your posts; to encourage those who have left Christianity or other religions. Post something encouraging! Some members will have chosen a different path than you did; please respect their journey and remember that we all choose different turns in the road. This is not the proper forum for you to criticize or make other condemnatory statements about the path they have currently chosen. You may change tomorrow the beliefs you are espousing today.

I perceive that I have consciousness and a sense of self.  I'm not sure that I have a soul,  nor the truth.  The more I learn, the less certainty I have about most things.

Welcome.

I am about to undermine your certainty even more:  Who is this "I" that you speak of?  Seriously, can you actually find one when you look for it?  Let me know what you find; be specific in your description of the "I".  And don't confuse thoughts of "I" with "I".