Goodbye Jesus

Positive Thoughts And Happy Things: A Companion To The Depression Struggles Thread

seven77

Thought I'd post some things that have helped me during my last bout of depression. I strongly encourage others to share their positivity here. :D

Happy, funny, cute, silly or encouraging, as long as it's positive and happy, feel free to share it here. Laughter is good medicine and smiles all around. :)

• Like 2

I thought that a shoutout to Onyx's Cute Thread was in order: http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/65286-the-cute-thread/

Also, my younger sis sent me a link to this song when I was really depressed.

Made me feel better for some reason. :shrug:

And she also sent me this:

That's one of her favorite songs. I picture her dancing around my old apartment with a feather boa, knocking stuff over trying to impress us with her mad karaoke skills.

Ugh....damn 2 video limit. Oh well, thinking of karaoke now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaZim6ybvdA

I have many fond memories of doing karaoke to that tune. The lyrics make no goddamn sense. It's such a fun song to butcher while drinking with friends.

That's another classic karaoke tune. So much fun. I love older stuff for karaoke.

A few other tunes that I remember doing for karaoke. Not all of these are upbeat songs, but they have positive memories for me.

Roy Orbison - In Dreams [used to sing this to my ex. Cheeeeeeeezy! :P]

Patsy Cline - You Belong To Me [she used to sing to me. But only when we had had waaaay too much to drink and everyone else was gone or passed out.]

Bon Jovi - In These Arms [This was a duet.]

Bowling For Soup - 1985 [i liked doing this one a lot, not sure why. Probably because of all of the references.]