Goodbye Jesus

Creation, God, Nothing And Our Universe

mymistake

i'm telling you everything you need to know.

And I'm telling you, this is utter nonsense.  Try again.

i'm telling you i'm done trying with you

you are going on ignore

Just like you ignored your educators and self taught with Depak Chopra and Oprah no doubt. 

• Like 1

you say you need it to be believable.

I don't know what will do that for you.

I can't produce a God for you.

God is already showing proof and it is being ignored or outright denied.

If you don't see it then what else can i do?

You understand god? I'm not a stupid woman. So tell me a bit about this god? What do you know that I don't?  At least give us the courtesy of some kind of explanation. Stop the silly word salad which makes no sense. Word salad is used to throw people off their direct questions.

C'mon, give it a try for me? I want to know your god.

i don't believe you want anything from me other than a reason to call me a liar.

Nature and the cosmos including the human being is all the evidence that God has given and you all want more from me?

For most of us here, evidence is the thing that will do it. You just have to actually have evidence, not just assertions.

If you're going to claim that "God" is showing proof, then you have to back up that claim. Otherwise, you might as well be claiming this: "The Flying Spaghetti Monster is already showing proof and it is being ignored or outright denied" or maybe "Yahweh/Jesus (when referring to God) is already showing proof and it is being ignored or outright denied", which is exactly what Christians claim. If what you are saying is any different, than please show us how it is different.

you can't get something from nothing.

'cept god of course, he can come from nothing.  I need some sunscreen for the stupid. 

God is and always will be

How do you know that "God" was not created by a Super God and that Super God was not also created? Maybe the only being that is and always will be is the Super God's creator, making God and Super God finite, yet very old, beings that were created.

You and I both know that the claim "God is and always will be" cannot be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be true, because we are limited in our ability to find an adequate amount of evidence to back this up. However, if you make a truth claim in regard to this subject by saying "God is and always will be" instead of "God may exist and always will" or "I think God is and always will be", then you must actually have a method of proving this statement to be true. If you do not have a method for proving this to others, then why make such a claim in the first place?

You understand god? I'm not a stupid woman. So tell me a bit about this god? What do you know that I don't?  At least give us the courtesy of some kind of explanation. Stop the silly word salad which makes no sense. Word salad is used to throw people off their direct questions.

i don't believe you want anything from me other than a reason to call me a liar.

Nature and the cosmos including the human being is all the evidence that God has given and you all want more from me?

This is what you believe based on your faith. I am satisfied with natural reasons for Creation, which require no god. I even provided you with a piece of evidence way upthread that you ignored. Believing in something is not the same as proving something.

For most of us here, evidence is the thing that will do it. You just have to actually have evidence, not just assertions.

If you're going to claim that "God" is showing proof, then you have to back up that claim. Otherwise, you might as well be claiming this: "The Flying Spaghetti Monster is already showing proof and it is being ignored or outright denied" or maybe "Yahweh/Jesus (when referring to God) is already showing proof and it is being ignored or outright denied", which is exactly what Christians claim. If what you are saying is any different, than please show us how it is different.

'cept god of course, he can come from nothing.  I need some sunscreen for the stupid. 

How do you know that "God" was not created by a Super God and that Super God was not also created? Maybe the only being that is and always will be is the Super God's creator, making God and Super God finite, yet very old, beings that were created.

You and I both know that the claim "God is and always will be" cannot be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be true, because we are limited in our ability to find an adequate amount of evidence to back this up. However, if you make a truth claim in regard to this subject by saying "God is and always will be" instead of "God may exist and always will" or "I think God is and always will be", then you must actually have a method of proving this statement to be true. If you do not have a method for proving this to others, then why make such a claim in the first place?

You must come to know the evidence.

Meaning you must come to know yourself.

we must judge ourselves and begin to purify mind and body.

When you have begun to do this then you will have begun the process of proving for yourself what the truth is.

Margee isn't like that.  She is one of the nicest people here.  I know you are seeing some hostility from certain people but keep in mind that is a response to the hostile things you said about skeptics.

• Like 1

I have told you how to know the truth and yet it is not enough .

Margee isn't like that.  She is one of the nicest people here.  I know you are seeing some hostility from certain people but keep in mind that is a response to the hostile things you said about skeptics.

You left out part of what i said in that quote to make your point

Why would I want to call you a liar? I am quite sincere in looking for any version of god. You say you have it? Then help me find it also???

Your version of what you think is true is not enough. If you want us to believe give us actual evidence, not platitudes.

if you want to know the truth margee then get to know yourself.

The truth is inside of you

Your version of what you think is true is not enough. If you want us to believe give us actual evidence, not platitudes.

i gave you a way to find out for yourself what the truth is yet you expect more from me?

i am telling you that all i can do is teach you how to fish so you can feed yourself but all you want is a hand out.

Do the work.

learn who you are

When you have begun to do this then you will have begun the process of proving for yourself what the truth is.

This isn't a metaphysical, metaphorical issue. You made a claim that the God of the Bible exists. That's empirical, and now you need to prove it.

the God of the Bible?

if that means the christain god then you are wrong again.

and i don't need to prove anything.

All the prove you need is right in front of your face.

In fact your face is proof.

the God of the Bible?

if that means the christain god then you are wrong again.

Try explaining yourself clearly, then. What God are you talking about?

foak, what god are you advocating for? Could you describe him/her/it? Is this a god of one of the widely recognised religions, or one that is separate from all that?

Perhaps that would be a good start to understanding your God? :)

I already know myself, so why haven't I "come to know" the evidence that you speak of? Perhaps this evidence is nonexistent and you are simply pretending that your unsupported truth claims are evidence? Please don't think that I'm attacking you or making accusations. I'm saying that this is simply how it appears to me.

What does "purify mind and body" even mean and how do I do those things? Even if I do those things, can you actually guarantee that I will come to be convinced of what you refer to as "The Truth"?

i am telling you that all i can do is teach you how to fish so you can feed yourself but all you want is a hand out.

Do the work.

learn who you are

You are giving us a generic excuse.  This is very typical.  It is one of the standard excuses theists use for why their religion has no empirical foundation.  Since most religions can be boiled down to "it's inside you so find it for yourself" that doesn't give us any reason to pick your religion over the millions of religions on Earth.

Now if you find that you are religious that is fine.  If you use clear and objective language there won't be a problem.  Call your leap of faith a leap of faith.  I would respect that and many others here would respect that as well.  The trouble arises when you use words like truth, evidence, proof and know to describe what is actually faith.

Then I am God? I just didn't realize it? woohoo.gif  All my narcissistic needs are fully met now!!! yellow.gif

Haha Margee!

Then I am God? I just didn't realize it? woohoo.gif  All my narcissistic needs are fully met now!!! yellow.gif

that is what i expected

i'm done with this

that is what i expected

i'm done with this

you people are horrible

This Topic moved to the Lion's Den.

I think people are just frustrated. They are trying to understand your point of view and you aren't really helping in the matter, perhaps if you could explain a little more about your God? 

Are you arguing for some kind of pantheism?