Goodbye Jesus

Creation, God, Nothing And Our Universe

mymistake

if you want to know the truth margee then get to know yourself.

The truth is inside of you

Then I am God? I just didn't realize it? woohoo.gif  All my narcissistic needs are fully met now!!! yellow.gif

that is what i expected

i'm done with this

No stop...please I want to know more!!!!! Tell me how to use my powers!!!! woohoo.gif I want to know how to use my powers!!!!!!!!ukliam2.gif

Then I am God? I just didn't realize it? woohoo.gif  All my narcissistic needs are fully met now!!! yellow.gif

that is what i expected

i'm done with this

you people are horrible

Translation, no one here accepts unsupported woo (except that one guy of course), so I'll insult them instead. 

that is what i expected

i'm done with this

I'm sorry that you were unable to appreciate the humor and simply let it roll off of your back. It is truly unfortunate.

In all seriousness, how is it that "I am God" cannot be the conclusion one comes to if they do what you say must be done? You start off by assuming that none of us have done the work that you say will lead us to what you refer to as "the Truth". Perhaps we just didn't do it right? If we didn't do it right, then explain the process and the steps involved. How do we do it properly so that we may come to understand reality as you do?

Man, someone really has a tree trunk stuck up their ass. 

• Like 2

i am not a pantheist.

The declaration of independence of the USA states it well.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with one another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitles them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

maybe you should all ask a constitutional lawyer for evidence

that is what i expected

i'm done with this

No stop...please I want to know more!!!!! Tell me how to use my powers!!!! woohoo.gif I want to know how to use my powers!!!!!!!!ukliam2.gif

leave me alone margee

that is what i expected

i'm done with this

I'm sorry that you were unable to appreciate the humor and simply let it roll off of your back. It is truly unfortunate.

In all seriousness, how is it that "I am God" cannot be the conclusion one comes to if they do what you say must be done? You start off by assuming that none of us have done the work that you say will lead us to what you refer to as "the Truth". Perhaps we just didn't do it right? If we didn't do it right, then explain the process and the steps involved. How do we do it properly so that we may come to understand reality as you do?

you havnt done anything otherwise you would'nt be asking

Stop answering in deepities. Try clear, concise language. You've already landed yourself in the Den you don't need it to go downhill from here....you're being passive aggressive instead of explaining yourself.

You didn't like the woo forum? You were given a cordial reception there. If you want to be a theist, fine, it'll be better for you in the woo forum. But when you bring it in here, you're going to be expected to explain your position.

that is what i expected

i'm done with this

you havnt done anything otherwise you would'nt be asking

How do you know that I haven't? Your earlier analogy of comparing what you're doing to teaching us how to fish so that we will be able to feed ourselves is hardly accurate. What you're doing is saying, "If you want to eat, go to the river and fish. Just don't expect me to tell you how to do it."

To put it another way, regarding God:

Is there a moderate Iman who knows the truth?

Is there a radical Iman who knows the truth?

Is there a pastor or preacher who knows the truth?

Is there a bishop or archbishop who knows the truth?

Is there a Buddhist priest who knows the truth?

How about a patriarch,  rabbi, or other leader who knows the truth?

Stop answering in deepities. Try clear, concise language. You've already landed yourself in the Den you don't need it to go downhill from here....

i see

i didnt know this was punishment.

You people are horrible im out of here

i am telling you that all i can do is teach you how to fish so you can feed yourself but all you want is a hand out.

Do the work.

learn who you are

You are giving us a generic excuse.  This is very typical.  It is one of the standard excuses theists use for why their religion has no empirical foundation.  Since most religions can be boiled down to "it's inside you so find it for yourself" that doesn't give us any reason to pick your religion over the millions of religions on Earth.

Now if you find that you are religious that is fine.  If you use clear and objective language there won't be a problem.  Call your leap of faith a leap of faith.  I would respect that and many others here would respect that as well.  The trouble arises when you use words like truth, evidence, proof and know to describe what is actually faith.

i don't have a religion

i have given you all you need and you don't understand.

sorry

no more posting for a while

You've already landed yourself in the Den you don't need it to go downhill from here....you're being passive aggressive instead of explaining yourself.

I don't think he's the only reason that the thread got moved into the Den. If everyone had remained civil instead of just trying to provoke him, we'd still be in the Colosseum. 

i am telling you that all i can do is teach you how to fish so you can feed yourself but all you want is a hand out.

Do the work.

learn who you are

You are giving us a generic excuse.  This is very typical.  It is one of the standard excuses theists use for why their religion has no empirical foundation.  Since most religions can be boiled down to "it's inside you so find it for yourself" that doesn't give us any reason to pick your religion over the millions of religions on Earth.

Now if you find that you are religious that is fine.  If you use clear and objective language there won't be a problem.  Call your leap of faith a leap of faith.  I would respect that and many others here would respect that as well.  The trouble arises when you use words like truth, evidence, proof and know to describe what is actually faith.

i don't have a religion

Then why are you using the word "God"? You confuse the issue and then blame us.

Do the work.

learn who you are

i don't have a religion

If you are an atheist or agnostic then why so much hostility?  You don't sound like a "none".

sorry

You haven't given squat. All you've done is made assertions and piled more assertions on top of them. Assertions aren't evidence. They are just assertions.

• Like 1

Do the work.

learn who you are

i don't have a religion

Then why are you using the word "God"?

last post.

because the term has come to mean all inclusive.

God is all there is.

It is the source of all there is would be better.

sorry

You haven't given squat. All you've done is made assertions and piled more assertions on top of them. Assertions aren't evidence. They are just assertions.

You're always welcome back, if you decide to post again.

her we go again.

Just because you don't understand how to use what i gave you does'nt mean i gave you nothing.

i'm never coming back to this section of the board

Do the work.

learn who you are

i don't have a religion

Then why are you using the word "God"?

last post.

because the term has come to mean all inclusive.

God is all there is.

It is the source of all there is would be better.

No, this is not the accepted dictionary definition. You should not expect people to understand your special use of the term unless you explain it. Many wouldn't want to use such a loaded term that way. If you are talking about Brahman or the Ground of Being, say so.(preferably in the woo forum)

Do the work.

learn who you are

i don't have a religion

If you are an atheist or agnostic then why so much hostility?  You don't sound like a "none".

i don't need a religion to do what i do.

they are all lacking.

So...if you are saying that God is all there is then...God is the universe and everything in it? How is this different from pantheism?

• Like 1

dictionary definition of God?

what a joke

So...if you are saying that God is all there is then...God is the universe and everything in it? How is this different from pantheism?

i don't know anything about pantheism

Pantheism - identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God

Edit: That might be a somewhat simplistic definition, I admit that my knowledge of pantheism is minimal and I should read more about it! I'll be sure to read the thread you linked below, Orbit!