Goodbye Jesus

Wwyd? Boy Scout Crap

OsborndaleIvanhoe

Ok so some of you know that I have a 12 year old son. He's autistic. He's been in cub/boy scouts since he was 6. It's really his only social outlet since he has no interest in actually being social. All of the boys in his scout troop are fantastic and accept him and all his little quirks and shit. His troop leader mom is even more fantastic, he lights up for her and just adores her. Every 4 months or so they have a Court of Honor where boys move up in the ranks, earn certain badges, etc. Normally these are held at night in a church basement. Now it's no secret that the Boy Scouts are a religious organization. I have never ever felt that they are pushing a god or religion on us until this year. Primarily it's one bitch who few people can stand (one of those "my way or no way" type A personality bitches). She sent out an email that she was pushing this badge or something to do with religion and that she was going to have a religious speaker at the next meeting to work on this and that while it was optinal it's a "god based organization". So obviously, it was the illusion of an option there. I don't mind that my son learns about the Christian god because hell, that's the majority of the country and he needs to understand what the jesus freaks think. My husband believes in god, jesus, etc but not in organized religion so, whatever. I know full well my son hates religion and anything affiliated with it. LOL. Then this rude holier than thou bitch is trying to "run" this event where we serve snacks. The other person running it (really cool, not a jesus freak (idk what she believes honestly) and my neighbor too). Makes her give up her station bagging popcorn cause she "has to do it all" and puts me in there. Great, cool. I can make and bag popcorn. Problem was the demand was higher than the machine could put out. So I'm doing this exceedingly challenging task of heating oil, corn beans, and tossing it in bags. She comes up behind me after about 15-20 minutes and you can tell it's driving her NUTS that she's not doing it, and eventually she pushes me off the thing. Fine, I don't care. If you're going to get your granny panties in a twist over fucking popcorn shoveling then whatever. I can spend the time with my kids. I told my neighbor about this and was just like WTF is her deal.

Here's the dilemma. An email just came out that there is another Court of Honor in February. Now they have arranged it so that it's on a Sunday so that we can all go to church before this one. I have no plans to attend the church portion, but I know husband will want to. But I know this stinky bitch is behind it. I know it will reflect poorly on my son if he doesn't go, but he won't care (husband may). What do you think? I want to make a stand about it, primarily cause I know Jesus' Personal Whore is behind it all (even if the email didn't come from her). But I also want to respect my husbands wishes. Fucking jesus freak cunt nugget....

I would focus on what would be best for your son, and also what would set a good example for him. Taking a stand and modeling that behavior is probably more important than upsetting some Boy Scout helicopter moms, and even your husband. 

Just my two cents. 

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Your son needs to be the complete focus of your attention in this situation.  Hubby might get upset; but he's a big boy who isn't autistic.

• Like 1

Ok so some of you know that I have a 12 year old son. He's autistic. He's been in cub/boy scouts since he was 6. It's really his only social outlet since he has no interest in actually being social. All of the boys in his scout troop are fantastic and accept him and all his little quirks and shit. His troop leader mom is even more fantastic, he lights up for her and just adores her. Every 4 months or so they have a Court of Honor where boys move up in the ranks, earn certain badges, etc. Normally these are held at night in a church basement. Now it's no secret that the Boy Scouts are a religious organization. I have never ever felt that they are pushing a god or religion on us until this year. Primarily it's one bitch who few people can stand (one of those "my way or no way" type A personality bitches). She sent out an email that she was pushing this badge or something to do with religion and that she was going to have a religious speaker at the next meeting to work on this and that while it was optinal it's a "god based organization". So obviously, it was the illusion of an option there. I don't mind that my son learns about the Christian god because hell, that's the majority of the country and he needs to understand what the jesus freaks think. My husband believes in god, jesus, etc but not in organized religion so, whatever. I know full well my son hates religion and anything affiliated with it. LOL. Then this rude holier than thou bitch is trying to "run" this event where we serve snacks. The other person running it (really cool, not a jesus freak (idk what she believes honestly) and my neighbor too). Makes her give up her station bagging popcorn cause she "has to do it all" and puts me in there. Great, cool. I can make and bag popcorn. Problem was the demand was higher than the machine could put out. So I'm doing this exceedingly challenging task of heating oil, corn beans, and tossing it in bags. She comes up behind me after about 15-20 minutes and you can tell it's driving her NUTS that she's not doing it, and eventually she pushes me off the thing. Fine, I don't care. If you're going to get your granny panties in a twist over fucking popcorn shoveling then whatever. I can spend the time with my kids. I told my neighbor about this and was just like WTF is her deal.

Here's the dilemma. An email just came out that there is another Court of Honor in February. Now they have arranged it so that it's on a Sunday so that we can all go to church before this one. I have no plans to attend the church portion, but I know husband will want to. But I know this stinky bitch is behind it. I know it will reflect poorly on my son if he doesn't go, but he won't care (husband may). What do you think? I want to make a stand about it, primarily cause I know Jesus' Personal Whore is behind it all (even if the email didn't come from her). But I also want to respect my husbands wishes. Fucking jesus freak cunt nugget....

Looks like a father/son deal and tell hubby exactly why you wont be there. :)

• Super Moderator

I agree with the others about doing what is best for your son.

Just curious..does everybody else in that scout troop belong to the same church?  Seems a bit presumptuous on the bitch's part to think that people would want to skip their own church service just so they could go to her cult-of-choice -- even if it is The One True and Correct ChurchTM, as I'm sure it is (in her own mind).   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

you signed him up for boy scouts NOT church. i say WTF too !

I'm with buffetplan on this. Plus it could be a lesson for your son that there are many, many different interpretations of the bible and ways people worship their god with some sects more stricter in their belief that they have the TRUTH and everyone else is wrong.

Also, religion is a deeply personal thing

I'm sure your husband will get over it. Would it really be that big of a deal to him to miss church? You said he's not even a fan of organized religion!

Also, we definitely need to be friends.