Goodbye Jesus

Prophecy About Obama

directionless

My mother was telling me about a woman interviewed on Christian TV who claimed to have predicted Obama's election victories in 2008 and 2012 (supposedly before having heard of Obama). Now this woman claims that a crisis will prevent the US from holding an election in 2016, so Obama will continue as president longer than his term.

Has anybody else heard of this woman and her prophecies? I would like to research her claims, so I can show my mother that they are exaggerations or lies.

I could tell my mother was genuinely concerned about this predicted crisis. It makes me disgusted with Christianity for making people afraid for no reason.

My mother is in her 70s, so deconversion is impractical. She is Eastern Orthodox, but she was raised in the Christian denomination, so she has many of the fundamentalist beliefs.

Seeing the look of worry on my mother's face last night made me upset.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Can't comment on this particular "prophecy" but I've heard the claim of a crisis preventing a new prez taking office and keeping the current one in office for probably the last 4-5 presidents.

Typical fear mongering.

Can't comment on this particular "prophecy" but I've heard the claim of a crisis preventing a new prez taking office and keeping the current one in office for probably the last 4-5 presidents.

Typical fear mongering.

Thanks smile.png I tried googling for this prophecy, but the matches were all prophecies about Obama being the antichrist. I was hoping to find out more about this woman that claims to have predicted Obama's election in 2008 before knowing who Obama was. That sounds very unlikely to me.

It's frustrating, because people who openly disbelieve Christianity cause distress for loved ones who still believe due to the hell doctrine. In my case, I am tempted to pretend to believe, so my mother won't worry about me.

If there was a crisis that prevented elections there would probably be martial law, which means the military is in charge, not a president or the government. 

Crazy Christians are always thinking presidents are the anti-Christ.  Been going on a long time.

The same was said about Clinton, GW Bush, and now Obama. Hasn't happened yet.

I remember when they were saying it about Bush senior too. The funny thing is the president doesn't really have much power, he's more like a puppet that dances for the American people the way those with actual power want him to.. this is a military industrial complex after all. He helps keep American myths alive and reinforces boogeymen 'out there' so the war machine stays strong.

I remember my folks saying the same damn thing about JFK... OMG a catholic in the white house?  The papacy is the anti-christ, we're all in the last days!

Fast forward 40+ years later...

I remember when they were saying it about Bush senior too. The funny thing is the president doesn't really have much power, he's more like a puppet that dances for the American people the way those with actual power want him to.. this is a military industrial complex after all. He helps keep American myths alive and reinforces boogeymen 'out there' so the war machine stays strong.

Thanks, Fernweh and Mikey. Do you know where there might be a record of these past predictions? I can't find anything through google.

There should be a website to track all the Christian prophecies so they can't be forgotten when they don't come true - a record of failed prophecies. There is is a UFO website that does this for UFO charlatans:

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/

I remember my folks saying the same damn thing about JFK... OMG a catholic in the white house?  The papacy is the anti-christ, we're all in the last days!

Fast forward 40+ years later...

The priests and pastors need to convince everybody to give all their assets to the church for safe-keeping. That's what they did in 1000 AD apparently. Then the church refused to give the assets back after the year passed uneventfully. smile.png

David Cameron might be the anti Christ. It is well reported he eats insects and sleeps under a radiator.

I remember being told Reagan was the AC because his full name, Ronald Wilson Reagan, has 6 letters per name.

Never ending bug nuttiness.

• Super Moderator

Been going on all my life. Ignorance, fear and paranoia know no season. Quite a boon for politics and other religions.

• Super Moderator

I remember being told Reagan was the AC because his full name, Ronald Wilson Reagan, has 6 letters per name.

And remember his address after he left office -- 666 St. Cloud Road, which he and Nancy changed to 668.  

None of this is happening because Jesus came back and the world ended in 1988.  Prophesies are never wrong.

• Like 1

I remember that.  The same people in a tizzy over that one back then have sainted the guy today and set him on a throne next to the holy ghost. 

My mother was telling me about a woman interviewed on Christian TV who claimed to have predicted Obama's election victories in 2008 and 2012 (supposedly before having heard of Obama). Now this woman claims that a crisis will prevent the US from holding an election in 2016, so Obama will continue as president longer than his term.

Where is the empirical evidence that this woman (on the TV) made predictions before Obama was elected?  Perhaps she said so on another TV show, or wrote an article, or something else which is tangible, empirical and verifiable.  Then again, this is not likely the case.

Where is the empirical evidence that this woman (on the TV) made predictions before Obama was elected?  Perhaps she said so on another TV show, or wrote an article, or something else which is tangible, empirical and verifiable.  Then again, this is not likely the case.

That's what I find annoying about this. Usually I can search the internet and find pros and cons for the claim, and usually the cons are more convincing - especially when the claim is strange/intriguing/preposterous.

I was hoping to be able to show my mother that other people had researched and debunked this prophet's claim (about predicting Obama's first victory before Obama was a serious contender). I can't find anything on the internet about this, so I hoped somebody else might be familiar with the claim.

I guess I will try to remember this prophecy and remind my mother in 2016. That is better than nothing, and maybe she will be more skeptical afterwards.

I recall Jean Dixon "predicting" that Reagan would be shot and they found a tape "recorded before" the event proving it.......

Until she (or the station) cracked and admitted it was filmed after the event 

Thanks, Fernweh and Mikey. Do you know where there might be a record of these past predictions? I can't find anything through google.

There should be a website to track all the Christian prophecies so they can't be forgotten when they don't come true - a record of failed prophecies. There is is a UFO website that does this for UFO charlatans:

I never heard any "official" prophecies but the "third term president" is more like a meme that's been around for a while.

I never heard any "official" prophecies but the "third term president" is more like a meme that's been around for a while.

It's been around since FDR.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

One of Tom Clancey's books opens with someone flying a jet into the Capitol building during the state of the union address, while the president, vice president and speaker were present, effectively taking out the government.  That's how Jack Ryan gets to be president.  Clancey has a much better prophetic record than anyone else I've seen. 

O.k. I got some more info from my mother.

The name of the prophet was Glenda Jackson and the show was "It's Supernatural with Sid Roth". Here is a link to a transcript:

http://d3tnb2mam8l2qt.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/IS775Transcript_Jackson.pdf

Has anybody heard of her? I tried googling, but I haven't found any skeptical links yet. She makes a lot of claims in the transcript without giving much detail.

The name of the prophet was Glenda Jackson and the show was "It's Supernatural with Sid Roth". Here is a link to a transcript:

http://d3tnb2mam8l2qt.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/IS775Transcript_Jackson.pdf

Has anybody heard of her? I tried googling, but I haven't found any skeptical links yet. She makes a lot of claims in the transcript without giving much detail.

A plausible explanation (in the natural world) is that Glenda is a liar, a con artist, a maker-upper, to obtain notoriety, power, money and/or attention.  Notice how her mere assertions are presented to a chump audience, and how (conveniently) the interviewer just egged her on.  Also notice that she provided no rational empirical evidence of her assertions.  None whatsoever.

My bet is that she is just another lying and narcissistic Christian.  A dime a dozen.  The venue in which she appeared typically uses pliable little shits like Glenda to meet their own goals of stripping money away from the gullible.

If your mother falls for such nonsense, too bad for her.  I realize there is perhaps little you can do, other than observe and be sad.  Still, double check your own position to make sure you are not enabling her or becoming codependent.

• Like 1

A plausible explanation (in the natural world) is that Glenda is a liar, a con artist, a maker-upper, to obtain notoriety, power, money and/or attention.  Notice how her mere assertions are presented to a chump audience, and how (conveniently) the interviewer just egged her on.  Also notice that she provided no rational empirical evidence of her assertions.  None whatsoever.

My bet is that she is just another lying and narcissistic Christian.  A dime a dozen.  The venue in which she appeared typically uses pliable little shits like Glenda to meet their own goals of stripping money away from the gullible.

If your mother falls for such nonsense, too bad for her.  I realize there is perhaps little you can do, other than observe and be sad.  Still, double check your own position to make sure you are not enabling her or becoming codependent.

Thanks, I had to look up codependent relationship. I don't think that is the type of relationship I have with my mother, because I was much happier when I lived 1000 miles away from all my family. However, whenever I have suicidal fantasies, I remember that my mother would be hurt and I put those fantasies aside. She is lonely without my father, and I have little left in life that interests me, so I try to keep her company. Maybe that is codependency?

Anyway, apparently Glenda Jackson hedges her prophecy that a crisis will prevent the 2016 election ("if we don't get a hold of God")

Election is not going to take place. That it's going to be suspended because evil is

going to arise and some disasters are going to happen, and some things are going

to be put in

place, and the president is not going to be removed. He's going to stay in. And these things are

going to happen, and they're going to be very bad if we don't get a hold of God