Goodbye Jesus

10 Args For God And Responses To Them

ficino

Nobody should even be bothered to have evidence, let alone have a discussion towards the Mormons and their God, tbh. That one is the MOST obvious lie of em all. Jesus was practically a warrior and they get their own planet lmfao. Not to mention how recent it came about.

Scientology is 2nd or tied with Mormonism for number one, most absurd religion ever.

I agree that Scientology and Mormonism are false.

Why do you think that Scientology and Mormonism are false Ironhorse?

You know they have lots and lots of followers, and books and churches and everything, don't you?  They have songs and heroes and stories and histories and pastors and websites and laymen that defend them on their respective Ex-forums. They have everything that you and I have, and one of them has a better choir and the other more famous actors.

Really, why do you think that they are false?  I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would like to know. 

-Scientology teaches that humans are basically good, and that spiritual salvation depends upon what they do.

-Mormonism denies the Deity of Christ.

It's out there...look it up.

The Book of James teaches that humans are basically good, and that spiritual salvation depends on what they do. 

Jesus denied the deity of Christ.

It's out there. Take the footnotes and the spin away, and look it up in your own Bible. You and them have a lot in common.

The Book of James teaches that humans are basically good, and that spiritual salvation depends on what they do.

Jesus denied the deity of Christ.

It's out there. Take the footnotes and the spin away, and look it up in your own Bible. You and them have a lot in common.

You're exactly right tbh, they all do. I obviously didn't expect Ironehirse to comprehend that and I chuckled a bit at the irony of it all. The only reason I said what I said is because Mormonism technically IS the most ridiculous of all. What they believe is so much more far fetched, it's practically belongs in a DC/Marvel comic. To contradict it though, it's the most interesting and deserves its own cartoon TV show lol! Not to mention that their "prophet" was a known and documented conman.

Scientology and their such fierce opposition toward psychology makes me laugh at them too. Not to mention their known child labor they've put on their children throughout the last 20-30 odd years. It employs semi-legitimate psychotherapy & self-help methods to keep people loyal & convinced of its merit while it simultaneously sucks them dry financially & attempts to keep them far away from ANYONE, even friends & family, who would dissuade them from remaining in such a harmful situation. What makes them damn near tied with Mormons is that their cult was founded by a Science Fiction writer...oh my Odin.

Nobody should even be bothered to have evidence, let alone have a discussion towards the Mormons and their God, tbh. That one is the MOST obvious lie of em all. Jesus was practically a warrior and they get their own planet lmfao. Not to mention how recent it came about.

Scientology is 2nd or tied with Mormonism for number one, most absurd religion ever.

But you won't fess up to being a promise-breaking, untrustworthy troll?

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/65481-the-ignorance-defence/page-2#.VGBrcPmsUuk (post #26)

Now there's a surprise!

• Super Moderator

Will you agree that you are also false, TinPony?  You've made promises and repeatedly broken them.

Just because it's old doesn't make it true. Space Aliens or Golden Tablets or talking snakes.. really, what's the difference?.. oh wait! The Bible has tablets too, and magic boxes! 

I really don't see what one has over the others… They all have about as much 'evidence'.

Why do you think that Scientology and Mormonism are false Ironhorse?

You know they have lots and lots of followers, and books and churches and everything, don't you?  They have songs and heroes and stories and histories and pastors and websites and laymen that defend them on their respective Ex-forums. They have everything that you and I have, and one of them has a better choir and the other more famous actors.

Really, why do you think that they are false?  I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would like to know. 

-Scientology teaches that humans are basically good, and that spiritual salvation depends upon what they do.

It's out there...look it up.

Ah, so they're false because they don't happen to share the same dogma that must not be questioned that your religion has. I gotcha. wink.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mormonism got one thing right.

• 2 weeks later...

2. "God's existence is proven by scripture."

My answer: The existence of God cannot be proved or disproved.

I see, what I believe, is evidence for God in creation and the scriptures but

I cannot prove it. I accept it by faith.

That's great Ironhorse, you've found something many seem to overlook these days.. that religion is about faith, not science.

The existence of Ironhorse's broken promises can be proved.

We've seen them.

They are evidence that he is false.  

They prove that he cannot be trusted.

• Super Moderator

I accept it by faith.

Just as we, originally, accepted by faith that you would be an honest man and address the many questions and points you promised to address.  We took you at your word, just as you take your god at his.

Our faith proved just as unfounded as yours will.

Bravo!  That is an honest way of looking at it. 

3. "Some unexplained events are miraculous, and these miracles prove the existence of God."

I agree there are some events that cannot be explained but they do not prove the existence of God.

Again, I believe that God has performed miracles but I can't prove it.

C.S. Lewis wrote an interesting book titled Miracles.

I like what he said that when God does a miracle he does not break a scientific law but is using one we do not know of.

3. "Some unexplained events are miraculous, and these miracles prove the existence of God."

I agree there are some events that cannot be explained but they do not prove the existence of God.

I like what he said that when God does a miracle he does not break a scientific law but is using one we do not know of.

Sweet!  I'd be willing to bet that if such a scientific law exists, "sinful" godless humans will find it before any god shows up.  Plus, Ironhorse, you pre-suppose that there are miracles of your god.  Could it be that there are anomalies, and these are what you call miracles?

Wouldn't you like to know which is which?

They used to say the same thing about the sun rising every day.  And it's interesting that it proves the existence of one particular religion out of thousands.

Nobody cares what you believe, what you can or cannot prove or what you accept, Mr. "I Need Attention Today And I Have Nowhere Else To Go To Get It".

• Like 2

A C.S. Lewis Acolyte speaks.  Creepy.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Ironhorse continues to post without addressing any of the counter-points made against his points.  He continues to ignore BAA's attempts to hold him accountable for the promises he made to address every point and question we made, just as he ignores my attempts to do the same.

Ironhorse is clearly here only to proselytize, without regard to anything or anyone else.  He only wants to hear the sound of his own voice.  Without regard for truth, without regard for honesty, without regard for his many broken promises.

Lurkers, especially those of you who still lean towards christianity, look closely at Ironhorse's behavior and ask yourself, "Is this really the best my religion has to offer?" 

To the lurkers...

Please weigh what Ironhorse posts after carefully reading what is archived in these sub-forums.

Testimonies of Former Christians

(These are not links. Please navigate to these places.)

News and Current Events

In both places you will find many accounts of Christians who betrayed the trust of others, who broke their promises and who stubbornly refused to confess these things to their brothers and sisters in Christ.  Please note that I've tried to encourage Ironhorse, both here in these threads and via private messages, to be honest and open with us about himself.  To declare that he's made promises he hasn't kept.  To confess that he's betrayed the trust we placed in him.  To tell the truth about himself.  Sadly all of my efforts to protect those who might be hurt by him have failed and he continues to post without regard or respect for anyone but himself.  I can, of course, produce evidence of all that I write here.

Please weigh his behavior against the content of his posts and ask yourself if you should place any trust in him.

Thanks,

BAA.

Dude's a troll.

Here's a fairly good series of responses to ten popular arguments for God's existence:

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/blog/arminnavabi/why-there-no-god-quick-responses-10-common-theist-arguments

4. "Morality stems from God, and without God, we could not be good people."

So-called "moral" behaviors, such as altruism and reciprocity, are not inherently human. In the natural world, they can be observed in a variety of animal species, especially social animals. Science shows that such behavior has an evolutionary benefit: creatures who learn to interact well with their kin will have a stronger likelihood of survival and passing on their genes.

All of this means that, from a scientific viewpoint, morality does not stem from God. Instead, it has its roots in brain chemicals and is supported by strong cultural conditioning. Parents pass their morals along to their children, and individuals take social cues regarding "right" and "wrong" behaviors from friends, family, media influence and more. Religious texts are just an attempt to codify acceptable behaviors into a set of laws. Unfortunately, these rules can quickly become outdated, irrelevant and even painfully arbitrary.

It's fashionable for religious people to claim that atheists are immoral hedonists, but a quick survey of real people shows that to be false. By and large, atheists are no less moral than any other group of people.

For those interested, here is a Christian response:

http://www.shenvi.org/Essays/ObjectiveMoralValues.htm

Ironhorse, I am so beyond reading links that you post. Why don't you try formulating an argument yourself?

Ironhorse, I am so beyond reading links that you post. Why don't you try formulating an argument yourself?

I did post my own thoughts on the first three accusations.

I posted a link to answer number four just as you posted a link in your first post.

Others in this thread have also posted links and videos.

• Super Moderator

I did post my own thoughts on the first three accusations.

I posted a link to answer number four just as you posted a link in your first post.

Others in this thread have also posted links and videos.

Here's an interesting link for you, Ironhorse:

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/64259-ironhorse-not-answered-your-questions-put-them-here-for-all-to-see/