Goodbye Jesus

Jesus Is Not Religion

mikey101

Sometimes you just need to suck it up and take ownership for the crimes of your ancestors.

I disagree. No one should take ownership of the crimes commited by others in which they themselves played no part

• Like 4

Sometimes you just need to suck it up and take ownership for the crimes of your ancestors.

I disagree. No one should take ownership of the crimes commited by others in which they themselves played no part

My fellow Christians bear the responsibility of our past. It is our job to make it right. Our institution has done wrong, and we represent it.

I started out my Christian madness going directly from the pages of the bible, new testament.  I found rule after rule after rule such as "don't look at anybody lustfully and if you do, cut your eyes out" and I followed these rules to the absolute best of my abilities trying to stay out of hell.  Drove me mad. I was trying to find the blissful relationship with Jesus that was advertised by other Christians but what was there to have a relationship with?  Jesus was not even like a person to me, just someone in a book.  I knew nothing about his actual personhood and personality.  Whats his favorite color?  Hell if I know.  Whats he like to do for fun, what's he think about me, whats he look like? Then a few years of "rule-keeping" later I am told that I'm doing it wrong.  See Christianity is not about rules, its about relationship.  In fact I am actually completely evil because I've been trying to follow the rules and that's just what satan would want.  It's called Legalism and its fucking bad.  It means you are a bastard and not a real child of god cause real children of God don't worry about rule-keeping cause they know they're cool with god, even though God says many times in the bible he will damn your ass if you don't keep his rules.

Oh. 

I had been following the rules that Jesus said from his own lips, such as do not lust, do not lie, obey God as presented in the bible, and so on.  Imagine my confusion now that I'm being told that I just need to have a relationship with Jesus, and I shouldn't be following his rules after all (which he himself taught, with a passion).  My head was spinning.  I had to get this right or end up in hell.  Besides, when I try to talk to Jesus he does not respond so where does the relationship come from?  How do you possibly have a "relationship" with Jesus when he taught many rules, and now in order to have the relationship you are supposed to forget about the rules, just forget everything he taught?   In order to have just the relationship aspect without the rules you have to invent a whole new Jesus. 

If you think Jesus was all about rules, you missed the whole point of his existence. He was all about what the rules stand for. The moral behind them.

If you think Jesus was all about rules, you missed the whole point of his existence. He was all about what the rules stand for. The moral behind them.

I agree that morals are an important aspect of religion. 

I wouldn't want the weight of history's atrocities on my shoulder. Jesus Christ this world is fucked up enough as it is.

Especially  fictional characters eating from fictional trees pissing off fictional Gods.

Now if the tree was real and you stole an apple off of it then it would only be petty theft and the police probably wouldnt care anyway. At most the thief would get a citation.

My fellow Christians bear the responsibility of our past. It is our job to make it right. Our institution has done wrong, and we represent it.

By 'bearing responsibility' you mean passing the buck to Jesus.

Reality: There is no sin.

Christianity: A supernatural entity says everyone is guilty of original sin but another facet of the supernatural entity can cleanse everyone of this original sin if they kiss the entity's butt. After enough butt kissing............There is no sin.

Either way, no sin. The Reality way saves time, energy and thought.

• Like 1