Goodbye Jesus

Evangelical War On Holloween

Bedouin

Mericans, always need a war on something. I find the whole halloween thing completely ridiculous, but then I feel the same way about all our commercially driven celebration days.

I find the constant "mericans" comments ridiculous and unfounded. The government and the people are not the same thing no matter how it looks.

I hate war and would rather they stop doing what they are doing. Millions of my countrymen agree but what can you do when politicians are the secret majority of the minority? We don't make decisions anymore than you as a citizen do in your own country.

You know when war will stop?????? when people stop seeing the lines in the sand called borders and start feeling connected as human beings on the same planet.

If you meant it as a sarcasim or a joke I get it but at this point have stopped finding it even funny at a cliche level.

MERICA spreads just as much peace as it does war and I can say we do both better than anyplace else I have seen or read about in history. War is all around us and we are no more at fault than anyone other group that can't seem to sit down and talk. mostly we are fightin other peoples wars that simply would have been beaten out of existence by their dicator or king or ruler overlord if we had done nothing. It really sucks this rock and hard place and when you lead I guess more people will complain even when you are doing more harm than good.

It's not a good idea to make fun of other people's countries....just not nice. We are all Ex-C's here. (Many of us, including me, happen to live in "'Merica.")

Most Americans I know including myself don't waste time making fun of countries. We are use to diveristy and change. I would rather call out a person than the country they are from and people using ther term "merica" sound ilke ignorant assholes.

I do not feel the way about other countries that it seems so many people feel about ours. I really could care less about borders and names on maps. I see humans as a large group first. The rest is all something we are in together. One planet one people. The day we wake up collectively and accept this and embrace it is the day we truly start to live. It will be the first day we are human more than animal and the first day we have a chance at being something in this universe other than a backwater people at the edge of our galaxy.

It doesn't have to be nice. I don't always need nice. What I need is honesty and statements that caused these comments are just not honest or about anything. It is catch phrases and popular words to evoke a reaction to something that is not real in the first place.

America is diverse so no one statement about it will be fully true or false for all areas of our country.

I remember spending a few Halloweens praying against the imagined witch covens that we just knew were invoking Satan that night. The spiritual warfare that we imagined all the time, the lies we told ourselves about angels and demons, the lies about witch covens and satanic cults, the many many hours spent early in the morning walking the city and binding demons and loosing the power of god. Criminy! What a colossal waste of life energy. None of it is real, but we could "feel" it, that much we were sure of. I remember my boss telling me to get into the spirit of Halloween, and telling her that me and that spirit didn't get along.

Yes.  You have explained the mindset of the anit-Halloween faction of xians in a way that the author either does not understand, or decided not to dignify by treating it in his article: either so he could satirize their opposition or simply because that wasn't the focus he wanted for his article.  I don't know which, but it's hard to understand the whole spiritual warfare mindfuck if you had a saner upbringing and didn't have it drummed into you as a child.