Goodbye Jesus

Satanism/satan-Christianity/god-What's The Difference?

Guest Furball

Guest Furball

Satanism requires a blood sacrifice 

Christianity requires a blood sacrifice

Satan requires animal sacrifice

Jehovah requires animal sacrifice

Satan prefers human sacrifice (preferably a virgin)

Jehovah prefers human sacrifice (His virgin son)

Satanism-animal sacrifice brings temporal power

Christianity-animal sacrifice brings temporal forgiveness

Satanism-Human blood more effectual

Christianity-Human blood more effectual

Satan-described as a lion who goes about seeking to destroy his adversaries

Jesus Christ-described as a lion (of judah) who also goes about seeking to destroy His adversaries

Satan-tempts mankind

God-tempts mankind

Satan-tests mankinds faith in god

God-tests mankinds faith in himself

Satan-was a murderer from the beginning

God-commits the first murder (kills animal for skins for adam and eve) in the beginning

Satan-the father of lies

God-sends lying spirits-tells people he takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked--yet admits that ALL THINGS were created for his PLEASURE AND THAT HE CREATED THE WICKED FOR THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT! Thus lying when he said he takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked-sends isaiah to preach peace to the people but admits He is going to harden their hearts so they won't believe the message, thus as god's spokesperson isaiah is lying to the people on god's behalf (accessory to the fact people?)-Theres more but I'll stop here

Satan-the god of this world that blinds the minds of unbelievers

God-the god who created this world who admits to blinding the minds of unbelievers

I could go on but I'll stop here. Feel free to add on.

-if asking questions is the enemy of religion-then reality is the enemy of the bible

• Like 1

Guest Furball

I'm adding on here

Satan-has demons do his bidding

God-has angels do his bidding

Satan-gives power to turn sticks into snakes

God-gives power to turn sticks into snakes

Satan-gives power to pagans to heal people and use divinity (forsight)

God-gives power to the godly to heal people and use divinity (prophesy)

• Like 1

God has better PR, that's all.

I totally agree, bugsbunny. smile.png

When I was a Christian I began to suspect that God was evil and Satan was good. The literal understanding of communion as sacrificing Jesus and then drinking his blood and eating his flesh made me very uncomfortable. I began to think it was a test to see if I would reject the god who was supposed to be good but was actually evil and accept the god who was supposed to be evil but was actually good. It wasn't just idle speculation either; I was very confused and stressed about this question.

One more similarity:

Satan is imaginary

God is imaginary

• Like 1

If actually talking about "Satanism," it is my impression that most "Satanists" don't really believe in Satan as an actual entity. They are basically mocking religion.

Guest Furball

li

If actually talking about "Satanism," it is my impression that most "Satanists" don't really believe in Satan as an actual entity. They are basically mocking religion.

Like christianity, satanism has different sects. For a few, it's nothing more than make believe mockery of christianity, for others it's deadly serious. I could give you examples but i don't want to disturb you. peace

Satan-was a murderer from the beginning

God-commits the first murder (kills animal for skins for adam and eve) in the beginning

When Adam and Eve wore, as clothing, skins, what was the source of those skins?  The "official story" is that "the Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them."  Genesis 3:21.  And, as you say, there is no mention prior to this verse of any animal deaths.  I have a suspicion that the true story of the origin of these skins is much more sinister.  The verse itself provokes my suspicion by only indirectly allowing the inference of animal death -- like there is something that these three idiots are ashamed of and trying to hide.  What if the story of Genesis 3:21 is explained in more explicit terms in later portions of the Bible?  I think it is.

I think those skins were from unnamed fellow humans that Adam and Eve cannibalized, prefiguring the divine law of cannibalism taught later in the Bible:  "In your midst parents will eat their children, and children will eat their parents. I will inflict punishment on you."  Ezekiel 5:10.  "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her motherinlaw— a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'"  Matthew 10:34-36.

Even if the animals were not Adam and Eve's immediate kin, we know after Darwin that all animals are our cousins, sharing with us common ancestors and common DNA.  So basically Adam and Eve just got a jump start on the plan of family-consuming as described by Yahweh and Jesus.  And they say atheists eat babies!

atheism2.jpg

What's the difference depends on your viewpoint.  However, they are interdependent within the Christian economy - can't have either without the other.  From that angle, they are the same.