Goodbye Jesus

Shroom-Induced Brain Rewiring Could Hold The Key.....

nivek

daLink

Neuroscientists: Shroom-induced brain rewiring could hold the key to fighting mental illness

Psychedelic mushrooms dramatically increase connectivity between otherwise uncommunicative parts of the brain, according to researchers from Imperial College London in an article to be published in the November edition of the Royal Society’s journal Interface.

Paul Expert and his team analyzed functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) data from two groups of people — one who had ingested a small amount of the active agent in hallucinogenic mushrooms, psilocybin, and another group who was given a placebo.

They found that the main effect was the creation of stable connections between parts of the brain that, under normal conditions, only communicate with each other in dream states — such as the hippocampus (which deals with short term memory and spatial recognition) and anterior cingulate cortex (which regulates rational cognitive functions).

..snipped rest of info at above URL

I think I mentioned this on earlier threads but there are some absolutely remarkable studies that have been done on combat veterans with treatment resistant PTSD. The studies involve using the substituted amphetamine MDMA followed by psychotherapy. People are able to successfully revisit their trauma after using MDMA and properly process the memories under psychotherapy sessions. There is some promising work that has been done with the indolealkylamine psilocybin and end of life anxiety in cancer patients.

Check out the multidisciplinary association for psychedelic studies site for additional information.

http://www.maps.org

• Like 2

Good link, SNC!

Can't help but chuckle at the name of that British scientist, tho'  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I've always wanted to try shrooms. I hear they taste like shit...