Goodbye Jesus

Murica Wants The Gop Running The Show! Praise Jebus!

midniterider

Murica! It's gonna all get better now...just like when W was in office. :-) jk

Descending on Washington with empty heads and pockets wide open.

• Super Moderator

Time to move to one of those states that legalized pot and live out my golden years not giving a shit anymore.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Meh, let them hold the shit bag for awhile.

• Super Moderator

Republicans, Democrats--There's no difference between them, really.  They're all just wolves at lambing.

• Like 8

Republicans, Democrats--There's no difference between them, really.  They're all just wolves at lambing.

I had my nose plugged when I went to the polls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UthMHjoNyjA

Time to move to one of those states that legalized pot and live out my golden years not giving a shit anymore.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

That's funny. I was approached by someone today wanting me to sign a petition to legalize recreational pot... guess they're thinking we'll need to be stoned to get through the next 4 years. :-)

Couldn't agree more.

They're just sock puppets attached to the same body, a very corrupt and manipulative body.

Running the show?  Really?  The USA needs some balance. The federal government is supposed to have checks and balances. There is supposed to be gridlock sometimes. I don't know what's going to change now, since the President still has veto power, and the Supreme Court gets it right 3 out of 5 times.

Maybe the 'murican people aren't as dumb as they look.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To no one in particular, shouldn't this thread be in Rants and Replies or something? Let's vote on that. No sense in dirtying up the Den with politics. 

Ain't it so!

Running the show?  Really?  The USA needs some balance. The federal government is supposed to have checks and balances. There is supposed to be gridlock sometimes. I don't know what's going to change now, since the President still has veto power, and the Supreme Court gets it right 3 out of 5 times.

Maybe the 'murican people aren't as dumb as they look.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To no one in particular, shouldn't this thread be in Rants and Replies or something? Let's vote on that. No sense in dirtying up the Den with politics. 

Yes, this is a  rant... I  feel better now.

I don't know what's going to change now...

Probably nothing. :-) And that's not necessarily bad either. It's just irritating when the side that I have an emotional attachment to doesnt do as well as the other side. :-)

I was thinking of asking a question related to yours on FB but in a non-partisan way:

"Now that we have a new group of elected politicians will America get better, worse, or remain status quo. :-)"

Both parties equal shit.

All day long all I hear about all this bs is both sides shit on the other while neither do anything real with the billions at their disposal...

They are both wasting my fucking time as an American.

W did better than some worse than others just like every other one of them. Clinton and Obama same thing. They did great at some stuff terrible at others.

The way people divide themselves then just face smash the wall with their parties rhetoric is fucking disgusting for any free people to say is goverment. This shit is like watching to spoiled children on the playground never get past the throwing dirt in the others face.

One side coddles and encourages fundamentalists, ignoramuses, and conspiracy theorists, the other side does not. 

That fact alone is a huge difference between the two parties. 

• Like 3

One side coddles and encourages fundamentalists, ignoramuses, and conspiracy theorists, the other side does not. 

The other side are elitist assholes. Don't worry Blood, I wasn't talking about you...

• Super Moderator

I think Murica wants neither party but doesn't have enough sense to do anything about it.

Regarding those parties, there are significant differences at least in their pre-election rhetoric. After election, Obama becomes Bush II, business interests continue to write our laws, and the wealth gap continues to widen at an increasing rate. Freedoms are being removed on schedule and we are still illegally at war with half the world. Parties and politicians eagerly lie to woo your vote because they can win the opportunity to cash the corporate checks if elected.

Cynical? Nah, I'm just old and have been paying attention all my life.

I think Murica wants neither party but doesn't have enough sense to do anything about it.

Regarding those parties, there are significant differences at least in their pre-election rhetoric. After election, Obama becomes Bush II, business interests continue to write our laws, and the wealth gap continues to widen at an increasing rate. Freedoms are being removed on schedule and we are still illegally at war with half the world. Parties and politicians eagerly lie to woo your vote because they can win the opportunity to cash the corporate checks if elected.

One of my significant awakenings was that Christianity is a lie. Another awakening was a number of years back when I came to realize exactly what Florduh says in this post.

I think those you say lack sense feature themselves persevering within the system...hence the vote. Not thinking this will do much.

• Super Moderator

I think those you say lack sense feature themselves persevering within the system...hence the vote. Not thinking this will do much. 

The average citizen loses ground every day. Perhaps the fact that the system is rigged and rapidly deteriorating is obvious but most still can't allow themselves to see what's happened to the America they were told about in Civics class. After all, we're the greatest country ever, the peace keepers, the shining light of democracy, the home of the free, yada, yada, yada.

The emperor has no clothes.

Exactly.  I don't get the hand wringing over the bozos in charge losing their seats.

Under the democratic congress, we've had the NSA vigorously defended.  We've had the telecoms get off the hook for depriving us of our 4th A rights.  We've had the Bush bailout plan extended and increased, enriching the banks which caused the crisis in the first place (Wall Street gave more money to the dems than the GOP btw), we've had the number of countries we were involved in militarily rise from 20ish under Bush to what some reasonably reliable sources today are claiming is around 150. 

But hey, we got the Romney health care bill passed and health care stocks have gone nuts. 

Both parties equal shit.

All day long all I hear about all this bs is both sides shit on the other while neither do anything real with the billions at their disposal...

They are both wasting my fucking time as an American.

W did better than some worse than others just like every other one of them. Clinton and Obama same thing. They did great at some stuff terrible at others.

The way people divide themselves then just face smash the wall with their parties rhetoric is fucking disgusting for any free people to say is goverment. This shit is like watching to spoiled children on the playground never get past the throwing dirt in the others face.

I've had to block the Obama haters as well as the GOP haters on FB. :-)

Why do we need representatives (the President included) that dont represent us? It worked eons ago when communications was slow but now we have instant communications. We need an app where the citizens can directly vote on legislation and candidates with their smart phones or computers. Allow our reps to initiate legslation but not the power to enact it. Any bills found to contain hidden non-related items will be flagged and the creators of that bill will be subject to a citizen vote to either shorten their time in office or remove them from their post.

The average citizen loses ground every day. Perhaps the fact that the system is rigged and rapidly deteriorating is obvious but most still can't allow themselves to see what's happened to the America they were told about in Civics class. After all, we're the greatest country ever, the peace keepers, the shining light of democracy, the home of the free, yada, yada, yada.

The emperor has no clothes.

I expect it will be like the market correction only on a human scale....fitness through attrition. Big government is self defeating because it lacks sustainability. My guess is we are going to have to get up off our ass again and compete.

Under the democratic congress, we've had the NSA vigorously defended.

I lost a few respect points for Obama over this.

Quite so.