Goodbye Jesus

Examples Of Christian Warped Thinking

Castiel233

I can't remember where I read it, but one believer wrote something along the lines of "I thank God I am alive on Earth instead of burning in Hell where I belong"

This is a sick way of thinking.

Also, "thou He slays me, still I love Him"

Any others?

• Like 3

I have mentioned this before, but one fundy wrote that even if he went to Hell , he would just love Jesus even more. Sad

• Like 2

"What's the point of living, if not for God?" *Sounds like an abusive relationship*

"Have mercy on us, Lord" *Again, abusive relationship*

Doctor saves your life, body fixes itself, people make your food, etc; but it's always "thank God" and never the person in your face, even if the person that did it all was yourself. *Putting yourself down and belittling your achievements*

"Personal relationship with Jesus" *A staple sentence from someone who also has an imaginary friend*

The irony of constantly puttin yourself and your achievements down, is that Christians in the western culture feel as arrogant and super special as they do, to where a God is helping them for the most minuscule things like finding their car keys, good grades, etc. Meanwhile, you have starvation going on in the east Lmfaooo

• Like 2

I have mentioned this before, but one fundy wrote that even if he went to Hell , he would just love Jesus even more. Sad

That's both sad and kinda funny at the same time.

That's both sad and kinda funny at the same time.

I cannot recall exactly what was written, but it was along the lines of crying out in love and worship for Jesus even as he was being fried by Him.

I know it has been mentioned but thanking God for food you have brought and cooked yourself while kids stave in Africa is sick

The Biblical texts that tell us to hate ourselves and families while actually loving our enemies is very warped.

Sister devotes her life to caring for you while you are recovering from cancer (Hate her)

Serial killer rapes and beats your grandma, breaks both her legs and beats her face beyond recognition and films it. (love him)

WTF

I can't remember where I read it, but one believer wrote something along the lines of "I thank God I am alive on Earth instead of burning in Hell where I belong"

In the last few months as a Christian, I was stuck in a very deep depression because I believed that Hell is where I belonged. I thought that because of my thought crimes (yes, just for having thought crimes!) I was this horrible, worthless person who didn't deserve Heaven, but instead deserved to be sadistically tortured in Hell forever. I hated myself and loved my abuser, even though he only existed in my head.

This shit is exactly what screwed me up while I was still a believer and it was this same shit that helped me to become free, once I finally saw this BS for what it is. I'm so glad that I don't think like this believer anymore.

• Like 2

In the Free Methodist church that I grew up in, they believed that you should always "turn the other cheek" and "forgive 70 times 7".  Marriage was forever, no legit exceptions.  The man is the head of the household and a wife should submit to him.  If things are  unbearable, look to yourself and ask god what he wants you to learn from your suffering.  Pray harder, for god can perform miracles.  Don't EVER give up hope...Do they have any idea what these teachings do to women caught in abusive relationships?

• Like 3

In the Free Methodist church that I grew up in, they believed that you should always "turn the other cheek" and "forgive 70 times 7".  Marriage was forever, no legit exceptions.  The man is the head of the household and a wife should submit to him.  If things are  unbearable, look to yourself and ask god what he wants you to learn from your suffering.  Pray harder, for god can perform miracles.  Don't EVER give up hope...Do they have any idea what these teachings do to women caught in abusive relationships?

I imagine they probably don't even care what these teachings do to women in those situations.

• Like 1

The Biblical texts that tell us to hate ourselves and families while actually loving our enemies is very warped.

Sister devotes her life to caring for you while you are recovering from cancer (Hate her)

Serial killer rapes and beats your grandma, breaks both her legs and beats her face beyond recognition and films it. (love him)

WTF

Let's not forget on top of that, twe must also love and choose God before our own families. Can't even count the amount of times I've heard in the sanctuary, from the pastor, that God must come first; then family second.

Like uhhhh, no.

I'm just going to point out the silver lining though - isn't it incredible that people are even able to change at such a core basis? We've been following religion for centuries now, and yet with just a tiny faction of ability to see the universe, we are accepting on a radical scale that everything we've believed is bullshit and changing accordingly.

Its long overdue, but its still inspiring. 

• Like 1

I'm just going to point out the silver lining though - isn't it incredible that people are even able to change at such a core basis? We've been following religion for centuries now, and yet with just a tiny faction of ability to see the universe, we are accepting on a radical scale that everything we've believed is bullshit and changing accordingly.

Its long overdue, but its still inspiring.

Yeah, but then we have the religious, who continue to add on to their faith as science progresses and we begin to know even more about the word.

In the bible, the earth is flat. When we found out it wasn't, the religious eventually found a way to disregard it. Then heaven was said to be above in the clouds...until we were able to fly into outer space, so now God lives in the spiritual realm LOL! They just keep tacking things on as we make more discoveries.

WTF

Let's not forget on top of that, twe must also love and choose God before our own families. Can't even count the amount of times I've heard in the sanctuary, from the pastor, that God must come first; then family second.

Like uhhhh, no.

My dad followed that principle so well (god first, family second) that we rarely saw him as he was busy ministering to everyone else but us as the pastor of a church because he was the god commanded leader and needed to be an example. To this day his relationship suffers with us kids because he was never there for us or anything we did. My parents still put god above their kids and then wonder why some of us (me) want nothing to do with them. Hmmm

"Crying out in love and worship even as he was being fried by Jesus"? Bullshit. I guarantee that this guy would be cursing his precious husband every time his magically-growing skin got burned off again. That line sounds like something a Bieberite would come up with. They're like 11 year old girls; they just don't stop with the drama and annoying adulation of the idol.

• Like 2

Medicine, science and technology = bad, lies and evil

Myth, lies and hatred = good, preferential and love

Yep! They pretty much have the market cornered on twisted thinking.

But its the gays and atheists that cause all the problems in the world. <sarcasm>

WTF

Like uhhhh, no.

My dad followed that principle so well (god first, family second) that we rarely saw him as he was busy ministering to everyone else but us as the pastor of a church because he was the god commanded leader and needed to be an example. To this day his relationship suffers with us kids because he was never there for us or anything we did. My parents still put god above their kids and then wonder why some of us (me) want nothing to do with them. Hmmm
Change God with an abusive relationship with a boyfriend and look at what you got. See the uncanny resemblance? An abusive bf would make you choose him over your own family, you're threatened with hell if you don't follow & "behave", the abused claims that the abuser loves her and other just don't understand, etc.

"God sent Christopher Hitchens to hell because that is where he (Hitchens) wanted to go" (Pastor Wilson quote  I think)

Suffering is good because it allows us to grow in Christ.

Suffering is caused by sin

Suffering is God testing our love for Him

God allowed 9/11 to happen because the US tolerates gay people and abortion

"UK storms are caused by gay marriage" (UKIP Councillor, David Silvester)

To add:

Jesus wants to save Americans but He is prevented from doing so by the separation of church and state. 

To add:

Jesus wants to save Americans but He is prevented from doing so by the separation of church and state.

Which means he's not a god lol

I hate it when Christians say this because they try to have it both ways. Somehow their God works in mysterious ways and can't be defined by our way of understanding, our world, etc but then they say shit like this.

• Like 1

OK so more "double standards" than warped:

Christians: "We need more religion in the US, we need to acknowledge God, we need more faith and less secularism"

(Muslims build a Mosque)

Christians start screaming in support of the Jefferson wall of separation

Guest Furball

The bible and it's god and savior are all warped, therefor it warps the minds of those that believe it's b*llshit. They believe in a flood that destroyed all living animals and plants and everything on the earth right? Well, if god destroyed all plants and animals on the earth, when noah let all the animals out, what did they eat to stay alive once out of the ark? What did the carnivores eat? All other animal life had been drowned. What did the herbivores eat? All the plant life was killed off too. There's no end to the imaginary b*llshit these nuts believe. I could go on, but all this nutty crap can already be found on the internet.

• Like 1

Yes that is an insane way of thinking, no one is worthy of suffering and torture that never ends

I can't remember it word for word, but in a radio exchange (I think) between Hitchens and ( if I recall correctly) WLC, Craig asserted he was a slave for Christ and Hitchens replied "and happy in your chains". 

Guest Furball

That it's the devil that seeks to destroy your happiness when the bible says it's jesus who seeks your misery.

That jesus said if he hadn't come, we had no sin, but now since he came we have no cloak for our sin. (uh, jesus needs to read the old testament, no ones sins were hidden under a cloak in the old testament. Everyone in bible times knew exactly what sin was. Jesus doesn't even know his own words.)

That carbon dating is false, yet they use carbon dating to prove their own stupid religion.

That without the bible we have no morals at all.

That without god, life has no meaning, yet the bible itself says even with god, that if your not saved, your life has no meaning.

That we need to look to jesus, how do we look to someone we can't see-there's no evidence that he existed.

That we need to put jesus first, and our jobs and family second, yet life confirms that if we don't work and tend to our families first and foremost we'll die out from starvation and/or lack of housing (homelessness). 

That god brings good out of suffering, when everyday life proves this statement wrong day in and day out. Ask a starving child in africa or anywhere in the world what good god has brought out of another day of them suffering. The suffering just continues while that psychopathic lying murderer in the sky just keeps watching for his and his son jesus' own amusement. 

That the bible is it's own interpreter, why then did jesus send teachers and apologetics?

That god will over come evil, when the bible clearly states that god himself is the one who creates the evil in the first place.

That all 66 books in the bible say the exact same thing.