Goodbye Jesus

Massa Peccati -- Corpus Peccatti

Llwellyn

I really just didn't want to hurt your feelings and was trying to be polite ........

See this????

This comment is a sign that your true humanity is still buried in that head of yours. Deep down, you are so aware that Chriianity's concept of joy is so fucking skewed, that part of you still knows that's its concepts of joy are rude and hurtful and that simply by mentioning it, you are being impolite.

Some Standard™ you got there, End...

• Like 1

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I really just didn't want to hurt your feelings and was trying to be polite ........

See this????

This comment is a sign that your true humanity is still buried in that head of yours. Deep down, you are so aware that Chriianity's concept of joy is so fucking skewed, that part of you still knows that's its concepts of joy are rude and hurtful and that simply by mentioning it, you are being impolite.

Some Standard you got there, End...

She asked me to be real Fwee. I haven't been a naturally nice person since I was a child. Now I have to "religiously" practice being nice. It's not a difficult concept. It was my opinion of her previous post that she would rather me be honest than practice my religion. Y'all couldn't tolerate the real me. Trust me.

It was my opinion of her previous post that she would rather me be honest than practice my religion.

Are you admitting here that in order to practice your religion, you need to be dishonest?
  • Like 5

If you are not using Jesus as your Standard, then your standard for joy might be skewed.  I tend to think Jesus is the Door to another Spiritual existence and worry that non-believers won't heed the Door.

I'm sorry to hear that you worry -- that sucks.  One of the reasons that I dismissed Christianity from my mind is because it caused me needless anxiety -- and not because I just needed to find a "better version" of Christianity.  It was actually the Biblical doctrines that made me nervous -- especially the image of Christ suffering and dying on the cross -- that really made my head hurt.  I hope that I can help you put your worries to rest in this post.  Let's see how I do...

...I don't doubt that my standard for joy is different than Jesus's standard for joy.  But I can only use my standard for joy -- it's the only one I have.  Given that it is my standard, it is obviously the only one I want to have, and I can have no practical reason to pick another.  If I don't do what is "right in my own eyes," Deuteronomy 12:8, then I do what is wrong in my own eyes -- and obviously I can have no reason to do that.  Just because Jesus and I have different natures does not mean that my standard for joy is "skewed."  It is just different -- we are all different.  My values may be contingent, and changing, but they are what I have, right or wrong.  If I have a standard for joy, and I am enjoying my life, then to walk through a "Door" into a different realm to conform to an alien value system, is a lot like a suicide.  It is to trade what I know of being for what I must perceive to be nonbeing.  Given my value system, conversion would be a kind of a self-destruction.  Please don't ask us to "end" ourselves.  We don't have a reason to check out of this world of bright light, bright colors, and sharp experiences.

But even Christianity states that "hell" is what is meant by my experience of joy insofar as it is different from "Jesus's standard for joy."  Christianity teaches that a person's eternal state is not a sentence imposed on him but as the mere fact of being what he is.  "This is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."  John 3:19.  If Jesus, employing his judgment, evaluates the satisfaction of my love as "hell," I have absolutely no quarrel with him.  Let us all taste what we love, and Jesus may call me a denizen of hell, if he must.  All people get what they most want.  No person who seriously and constantly desires what they count as joy will ever miss it...

...have I put your worries to rest?

nicholas-nixon-the-brown-sisters-forty-y

Ummm, cuz you're deluded by your sin and the devil and the only way you will ever know True Joy is to invite Jesus into your heart.

Is that the answer to your trick question? I'm kinda missing the point here... Sorry.

A pat answer, but yeah, Fwee gets it right.

How can you know it's the ---> right <--- answer if everything is subjective, End?

By faith... perhaps?

Every answer is the right answer... if everyone lives in their own personal universe.

• Like 1

No, not really. I think it's entirely possible for our definition of joy to change as we mature, shaped by our journey. My joy as a young man was certainly contrary to what I consider as Christian joy. I feel the joy I experience now is extremely more valuable.

How would I reconcile this with your view(s)?

It was my opinion of her previous post that she would rather me be honest than practice my religion.

Are you admitting here that in order to practice your religion, you need to be dishonest?

Just the opposite, that I need to be honest about who I am.

So close, you almost had it there.

If you want to be honest about who you are maybe you should start with the fact that you are not in a telepathic relationship with the creator of the universe.

• Like 1

changed my mind...deleted post

You should do this more often.  MUCH more often.

changed my mind...deleted post

You should do this more often.  MUCH more often.

I AM delusional bdp...I thought the apology you put forth was for real.

No, not really. I think it's entirely possible for our definition of joy to change as we mature, shaped by our journey. My joy as a young man was certainly contrary to what I consider as Christian joy. I feel the joy I experience now is extremely more valuable.

How would I reconcile this with your view(s)?

It doesn't matter how you reconcile it, End. 

As the Rider has just pointed out - because everything is subjective to you, the right way to reconcile it is of as much value to you as the wrong way... that is, of no value at all.  Your entire universe is in free fall and you cut the safety rope.

Ditto.

If everything is subjective, then you can never know if you're being honest about who you are.

Nothing personal, btw.  Just keeping you honest (or not). ;)

• Like 1

I think it's entirely possible for our definition of joy to change as we mature, shaped by our journey. My joy as a young man was certainly contrary to what I consider as Christian joy. I feel the joy I experience now is extremely more valuable.  How would I reconcile this with your view(s)?

It doesn't surprise me at all that your values have changed during your life.  The same thing has happened to me.  I agree that a human's values are changing, contingent, and temporal.  At one time in my life, my personal values probably matched "Christian values," and later they went out of sync.  I might wake up one day and find that I, once again, love the things that Yahweh loves.  But after I have had a good morning walk in the sunlight, I don't feel the same way.  Usually my values change only at the margins, and there is continuity and a relationship between my values at Time 1 and at Time 2.  But there is no basis to say that my judgment of good in one moment is "better" than my judgment of good in another moment.  I will do well enough if I follow the dictates of my heart -- I will always be joyful, regardless of what, in that moment of joy, I count as joy.

If you share Christian values -- good for you, I'm glad that works out for you.  The Bible teaches that Yahweh renders curses upon other beings -- which I can't understand.  If you understand it, then I am not in a position to judge that meaning that you perceive in your life.  Just don't try to imitate your deity, because that is not permitted in modern pluralist societies.  "If anyone should think to himself, I will do well enough if I follow the dictates of my heart, Yahweh will not pardon him. His wrath shall burn against him. And all the curses written in the book will come upon him."  Deuteronomy 29:18-20.

923ecc5f6ff3877dc9beb9bee66e798f.jpg?ito